Western / Eastern pilot voice

76IAP-Black

76IAP-Black

I had asked it ina topic before, but there was no real answer to it from one of the Developers.

Will it be possible in the future to "link" a western skin, with a western pilot and radio voices to an "eastern" plane like the current Spitfire Vb?

So you can go to the skin selection option, select the british basic skin and you have the british pilot and voice for the radio, and it will be listed as a british plane.
I know you guys are worrking on the Hurricane, will it be implemented with this collector plane? 
Or do you build 2 seperate planes? One western plane and one eastern?

What do you think about this idea?! Would make sense to have a "nation" specific entry for the skins, that links the pilot figures and radio chats to the skin.

FarflungWanderer

Actually, that's a good question for the future. If we see IL-2 modules set earlier in the war on the Western Front, the Spitfire Mk. V is going to make an appearance somehow, and they'll want British VA work for it.

On 1/27/2020 at 1:07 PM, 76IAP-Black said:

What do you think about this idea?! Would make sense to have a "nation" specific entry for the skins, that links the pilot figures and radio chats to the skin.

Well, technically speaking this might be doable, as long you use the official skins. But I really have my doubts this would also work with custom skins. To have

a workable skin/nation/voice system, they would need to define a strict naming convention. Or is it possible to store "internal" information in the dds file type?

But even then, they would have to set a standard for this info.

Being able to use British pilots in those aircraft is something I would like to see also. Though my assumption (and preference) would be that rather than going based on skins chosen you would instead select the pilot as an choice under the "pilot stuff" tab or alternatively just have the pilot to use be linked to whatever country was chosen for your aircraft in the mission editor.

76IAP-Black

You can't store anyinformation in the dds files, maybe a type of *.ini file inside the skin folder could be a solution, we did it in other (older)games

Legioneod

Best way to do this would be tie the pilot model with the selected nation, that way mission makers can select the nation for specific aircraft and the pilot model could reflect this.