Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

Really nice video... I have all the WWII stuff except the P-47.

 

I enjoy the P-51 more than the P-47, but the P-47 cockpit is a wonder to behold. If the Mosquito cockpit is up to the P-47's standards, it's going to be friggin' great!

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, CanadaOne said:

 

I enjoy the P-51 more than the P-47, but the P-47 cockpit is a wonder to behold. If the Mosquito cockpit is up to the P-47's standards, it's going to be friggin' great!

It's British so there should be bits of string and things falling off everywhere. ;)

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, dburne said:

 

Yep looks like I also will have some new stuff to learn for the Hornet as well.

 

How many thousands of pages is the manual up to?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, the Hind is up on Steam with a discount. $62.99 instead of $89.99.

 

Hmmmmm... Decisions, decisions. Still on the fence, but it's likely to be a really well put together model.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

Oh, the Hind is up on Steam with a discount. $62.99 instead of $89.99.

 

Hmmmmm... Decisions, decisions. Still on the fence, but it's likely to be a really well put together model.


I figured it would have to be at least as good as the Huey so bought it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CanadaOne said:

 

Really? I thought it was 500+ months ago.

 

Hats off to you if you have read it through. :drinks:

 

Nah I use Chuck's Guides for everything DCS.

His Hornet guide is just a measly 626 pages...

 

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2021 at 10:41 PM, Archie said:

It's British so there should be bits of string and things falling off everywhere. ;)

 

You can't have string without cardboard:).

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DD_fruitbat said:

2 more days until happy cloudmis....

 

Clouds! Clouds! Clouds! 

 

The only question is what to fly first after the update. More than likely it will be some Harrier action.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CanadaOne said:

 

Clouds! Clouds! Clouds! 

 

The only question is what to fly first after the update. More than likely it will be some Harrier action.

 

For me I am sure it will be with the Cage the Bear Campaign for the Hornet with Supercarrier I am in the middle of.

This one is more involved and kicking my butt into shape.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dburne said:

 

For me I am sure it will be with the Cage the Bear Campaign for the Hornet with Supercarrier I am in the middle of.

This one is more involved and kicking my butt into shape.

 

Right back to work? No short vacation in the Clouds! first?

 

I'm definitely just going to be flomping around like a fart in my Harrier for a while, and the Ka-50, playing with presets and all the lighting options on the maps. I'll bet the hilly terrain on the Syria map will look stunning if you get the clouds and lighting just right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CanadaOne said:

 

Right back to work? No short vacation in the Clouds! first?

 

I'm definitely just going to be flomping around like a fart in my Harrier for a while, and the Ka-50, playing with presets and all the lighting options on the maps. I'll bet the hilly terrain on the Syria map will look stunning if you get the clouds and lighting just right.

 

Nope I will be continuing my campaign for sure, having too much fun!

I have been stuck on an Intercept mission. I keep getting blown out of the sky. I came so close yesterday, in fact we got the message of success and to return to carrier. However I spotted a couple of bogies ahead and had one Sidewinder and guns left. So I went after them.

Yep, got blown out of the sky again - stupid move on my part. Hopefully today I can get it.

 

Edited by dburne
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I finally completed successfully the Intercept mission - that was a tough one.

And then to find myself upon returning to the carrier having to do a difficult landing in a blinding snowstorm.

I somehow managed to trap successfully on first attempt. Had to put a lot of faith in the ILCS system let me tell ya.

Whew!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CanadaOne said:

tick... tick... tick... tick... tick... 

 

 

 

 

Clouds?

 

I love that I've done without DCS all of this time, and the first time I ever install and boot up the F-14 I'll have this. :P

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

 

I love that I've done without DCS all of this time, and the first time I ever install and boot up the F-14 I'll have this. :P

 

 

I arranged it for you that way.

 

You're welcome. 😇

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

 

Did you buy the F-14 on sale and wait for the update?

 

Not yet.

Bigger issues right now - new box won’t post...grrrr

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2.7 official patch notes have now been posted, hopefully not too much longer.

Wow that is one huge changelog list.

Edited by dburne
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2.7 Update is live, getting it now.

Main download after applying deltas appears to be just under 90 GB for me.

Edited by dburne
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...