Oh mannnnnn. Another thing I'll buy that will hardly ever get used!
Always been my favourite heli.

Edited by Archie

They definitely make some catchy cool videos! I'm sure its gonna sale well for those inclined to jump on that early access hype train again.... I'll maybe throw some cash their way in 1-2 years time when its 50% off and a finished product.

7 minutes ago, nirvi said:

Hind preorder now available

Always loved the hind, and think I'm going to have to open the wallet for this one.

1 minute ago, DBFlyguy said:

They definitely make some catchy cool videos! I'm sure its gonna sale well for those inclined to jump on that early access hype train again.... I'll maybe throw some cash their way in 1-2 years time when its 50% off and a finished product.

1-2 years, I could be dead by then so I'll take it now thanks!

And done, forgot I had some 'miles' sitting there so even better.

• Haha 2

Still on the fence with the Hind, kinda leaning towards no. Obviously it's really cool, but I like the way the Ka-50 flies so much that going back to an ordinary helo flight style might not be fun. Not up on Steam yet for pre-order, and if it doesn't come up, and is only full price later, the Hind might run close to $100 (tx incld). At that point I'd wait for a sale in a year. I'm not $100 worth of interested.

The Mosquito, on the other hand, is an instant purchase.

1 hour ago, CanadaOne said:

Still on the fence with the Hind, kinda leaning towards no. Obviously it's really cool, but I like the way the Ka-50 flies so much that going back to an ordinary helo flight style might not be fun. Not up on Steam yet for pre-order, and if it doesn't come up, and is only full price later, the Hind might run close to $100 (tx incld). At that point I'd wait for a sale in a year. I'm not $100 worth of interested.

If they'd both been up for order today I would have got the Mossie. Tbh by the time the Hind is released I will have forgotten about the money.

• Upvote 1

It seems like the Hind is pretty speedy, as far as older helo's are concerned. I've learned to operate the essentials in the Huey and Mi-8, but the transit times in those get kind of boring after a few repetitive missions. Also I do love those weird blue old school Russian cockpits.

2 hours ago, CanadaOne said:

$100 !? 😲

It'll be 30-50% off in about a years time if not earlier.  Every single module they release goes into deep discount prior to being fully complete and months before they initially claim it will, the only ones that haven't to date have been the Heatblur F-14 and Deka JF-17.  Unless someone is trying to find new ways to burn money or just loves financing Nick Grey's warbird flying hobby... there isn't a reason not to wait a few months, you'll even get a more complete and polished product by then.  But to each their own, I'd rather waste the extra cash on beer and grub

On  a somewhat related note since "Mover" is kinda a DCS "celebrity" now, have yall heard about this TV pilot him and "Gonky" are working on?  Evidently they are doing a dogfight competition using real jet trainers and featuring two fairly large DCS gaminig personalities, "Operator Drewski" and "Jeff Favignano".  Should be pretty interesting!

Edited by DBFlyguy
  • Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, DBFlyguy said:

$100 !? 😲

In Canadian money with the tax, yep. That's at full price, no discount. I paid $112 for the A-10C II. I buy the maps right away but I usually wait for sales for the planes. The last I bought was the Ka-50 for half-price. I like that.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

In Canadian money with the tax, yep. That's at full price, no discount. I paid $112 for the A-10C II. I buy the maps right away but I usually wait for sales for the planes. The last I bought was the Ka-50 for half-price. I like that.

Wow, I had no idea there was such a difference between USD and Canadian currency, learn something new everyday. 

3 minutes ago, DBFlyguy said:

Wow, I had no idea there was such a difference between USD and Canadian currency, learn something new everyday. 

$112cad = £65@

$112us = £85@

Ouch!!

1 hour ago, DD_Arthur said:

$112cad = £65@

$112us = £85@

Ouch!!

Think the Hind cost me about £38 with my .99 cents ED miles discount! 😂

4 hours ago, DBFlyguy said:

$1.26Cdn to $1.00US. 

That's close to normalish. It's when it goes to $1.35 that it really gets noticeable. 

how did you get $100 CAD for that? Its $48 USD so thats what $60 CAD? Does Canadian Gov charge you GST on digital purchases?

6 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

Hmm, it that ain't Atlantis, it's gotta be pre-Cyprus...

Screen_210326_230811.thumb.jpg.1347dccd233e4e7142594ee3d2a3b813.jpg

The Tomcat is starting to make more sense to me as a future time investment than the Hornet. 

My hang up is Jester - and how he handles an intercept, or a ground attack. TBD I guess.

I love the Tomcat though - I’ll get to fly it if I ever get this damn new computer built.

8 hours ago, Tyberan said:

how did you get $100 CAD for that? Its $48 USD so thats what $60 CAD? Does Canadian Gov charge you GST on digital purchases?

If there is no Steam pre-order discount - which there might not be - then the $70US price becomes $90Cdn. Sometimes digital purchases get taxed, if so, add a few bucks. So we're in the $100 ballpark either way.

Edit - On Steam Canada:

F-14, F-16, F-18, A-10C II are $101.

Most jets and props are $60 to $80

Maps are $50 to $60

Carrier is $50

Combined Arms is $50

Edited by CanadaOne
On 3/26/2021 at 12:25 PM, Bremspropeller said:

Yes. You'll get all the emotional rollercoster of new features, new fixes and an order of magnitude greater number of new bugs.

It's truly priceless 🤪

I have none of those, trick is not to expect anything.

If there is a update, make sure you have a plan B. No trick to it. Open beta or nothing is my motto

On 3/27/2021 at 8:09 PM, CanadaOne said:

If there is no Steam pre-order discount - which there might not be - then the $70US price becomes $90Cdn. Sometimes digital purchases get taxed, if so, add a few bucks. So we're in the $100 ballpark either way.

Edit - On Steam Canada:

F-14, F-16, F-18, A-10C II are $101.

Most jets and props are $60 to $80

Maps are $50 to $60

Carrier is $50

Combined Arms is $50

Ok that makes sense if buying through steam. I've got the stand alone version, transferred from steam years ago. 

To everyone else I'm thinking of getting Syria map, is it worth it? the last map i bought was NTTR and its a disappointment. 

Edited by Tyberan
On 3/27/2021 at 3:21 AM, Bremspropeller said:

Jester is a bit of a Union man.

"Nope, can't do that."

"Unable."

An then hes's giving you sheet for not plugging in on the tanker on the first try....

Is Jester a WIP, or is this pretty much the final version?

5 hours ago, Tyberan said:

Ok that makes sense if buying through steam. I've got the stand alone version, transferred from steam years ago. 

To everyone else I'm thinking of getting Syria map, is it worth it? the last map i bought was NTTR and its a disappointment. 

Syria is the best map in DCS right now, and it will get better with the next patch on April 7th. (New airfields, more/new detailed cities) And the addition of cyprus is on the horizon too. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, nirvi said:

And the addition of cyprus is on the horizon too. 

Cyprus is actually in the water 😁

BTW: I'm still looking forward to someday being in a 4g negative dive with @ZachariasX 😎

Or all of you others, really.

Edited by Bremspropeller
  • Upvote 1

It will take a while before I manage the RIO station such that I do more good than harm. Also 4 g negative is strongly conflicting with Weizenbier. But lets see if I can get up to speed again on the F-14 over easter holidays. I like it most of all the DCS jets for pure flying.

3 minutes ago, ZachariasX said:

I like it most of all the DCS jets for pure flying.

Same here. It's the most challenging to fly well.

Plus, the systems-simplicity of the forward cockpit rather appeals to my lizard-brain. :russian_ru:

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Tyberan said:

I don't know if I have any reason for Steam DCS other than I started there and it works so I stay there. 

9 hours ago, Tyberan said:

I didn't really like the Syria map at first, not sure why, some personal quirk/bias I guess, but the more I fly it the more I like it. It's a big map with all kinds of terrain and lots to see and lots to do and a crapton of small details. And the terrain textures range from not bad to very, very nice. Get the lighting right and take a ride through the hills and it's outstanding! So yes, it's definitely worth it.

I really like the NTTR map, but I understand why some others may not.

On 3/29/2021 at 12:47 PM, CanadaOne said:

didn't really like the Syria map

I found it a kind of ms 2020. Not accurate in the cities, but close enough like ms2020.

I chopperflown Beirut and the infamous kirn silos is still there looks pretty good in my mind

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

I found it a kind of ms 2020. Not accurate in the cities, but close enough like ms2020.

I chopperflown Beirut and the infamous kirn silos is still there looks pretty good in my mind

The cities in the DCS maps are bit generic, but there was just something about the map that didn't get me all warm and fuzzy at first. But it grew on me and taking the Ka-50 for a treetop buzz is an absolute riot.  

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, CanadaOne said:

The cities in the DCS maps are bit generic, but there was just something about the map that didn't get me all warm and fuzzy at first. But it grew on me and taking the Ka-50 for a treetop buzz is an absolute riot.  

Actually I used it mostly for letting a squadron of JU 88 taxi and take off and then shoot them down with the gazelle with gun and rockets. Not historical, but it shows a very very bad and funny DM. If you hit them with rockets while taxiing all eight for that matter the JU 88 still in one piece but with burning fuel tanks and engines. If you shoot it down just taking off it is suddenly looking good. Also ending the sorties with loops into the hangars or something else bound to go wrong

• Haha 2

These virtual airshows are actually pretty cool, obviously due to Covid real airshows have been impossible to go to so it's nice to have something ... and honestly the DCS ones have been more entertaining than the recent social distance airshows some outlets have tried to do.  The MVP SOCHI 2021 Invitational Airshow was this weekend and they are currently airing a replay, Wags was on and gave some updates and evidently they gave away 5 free Hind modules:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was looking at the Tomcat FAQ and saw this...which I can't quite make sense of.

Q: Will there be a Super Carrier version of the USS Forrestal?
A: This is something that needs to be discussed with Eagle Dynamics and does not depend solely on us. The free version of the USS Forrestal will have feature parity with the USS Stennis at minimum once complete.

So what would be the difference between a "Super Carrier" version and the one promised already?

The Stennis is the "old" DCS carrier, so no deckcrew, no Case I/II/III comms or interactive LSO platform. 

• Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, nirvi said:

The Stennis is the "old" DCS carrier, so no deckcrew, no Case I/II/III comms or interactive LSO platform. 

That's why I was confused...I thought the Stennis was the Supercarrier....thanks.

1 hour ago, Archie said:

Mosquito now delayed until Q2, they want to redo the external model...

Are you April foolin' you big meanie? :P

And isn't Q2... today?

The delay to the Mosquito is genuine:

Hello everyone,

you may have heard in ninelines recent Air combat podcast interview that the team were not happy with the Mosquito model and have decided to redo it. This will mean we need some extra time before early access can start, at the moment our new plan is for Q2 2021. 

We will of course keep you all informed as we progress if there are any other changes.

Thank you for your understanding

The ED team

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/266910-mosquito-external-model-redo/

Presumably they mean it will be released 'sometime in Q2'.