2 hours ago, CanadaOne said:

I was in North Carolina once, many, many moons ago. :drinks:

You're right, the A-10 can be very rewarding/fun, but I was having a lot of trouble with it due to HOTAS limitations and a small brain. But over the last few days with headphones and a mic, and Voice Attack, I was able to free up a ton of switches on my HOTAS throttle and put that zoo of DMS/CMS/Coolie switches there. I'm at the point where I can have a good scrap and can handle the laser rockets much faster than before. Have yet to launch a Maverick. 

Still watching Ralfidude and Grim Reapers tutorials. They help a ton.

I don't have a big love for the F-14 other than the ridiculously good eye candy of the DCS model. I barely do any A2A, it's all ground pounding in my flights, so the F-14, gorgeous as it is, isn't first in line for A2G action. But if it ever hits half-price, I'll buy simply because it's so damn cool.

I prefer moving mud as well. That is one reason, I love the Tomcat. 😉 

If you have the time to watch, a mission made by one of the devs that to my understanding, will be a mission in a campaign, later to be released. 

Wow.

I just got back from store and opened the ED Forums webpage.

All I get is a message " You have been permanently banned".

No reason, no explanation given. Just this message and I can not access anything on ED. 

I have no clue as to why. I am one of the more benign members on that forum, and also have helped many folks

out over the years , especially recently with VR. All I recall posting this morning was communication on Reverb G2 thread regarding

how to set Reprojection to be always on at 45 fps. I was going to test it out upon returning, but not now.

I have never even received any sort of warning in all these years, not one time. Been a member there since 2008.

I am literally stunned. That's ok though, they will never see another dime from me and I will uninstall everything DCS.

Spent a fortune with them over all these years too. Best I can tell no way to contact them to find out what the heck happend.

Very disgruntled with Eagle Dynamics right now. I can't believe there is not a way to even find out what triggered a perma ban on me.

Maybe if someone here is also a member of their forums they can take a look and see if anything sticks out?

Pretty sure I only posted in the Virtual Reality subforum. Maybe hardware subforum, but don't think so.

Edited by dburne
  • Sad 3
9 minutes ago, dburne said:

Wow.

I just got back from store and opened the ED Forums webpage.

All I get is a message " You have been permanently banned".

No reason, no explanation given. Just this message and I can not access anything on ED. 

I have no clue as to why. I am one of the more benign members on that forum, and also have helped many folks

out over the years , especially recently with VR. All I recall posting this morning was communication on Reverb G2 thread regarding

how to set Reprojection to be always on at 45 fps. I was going to test it out upon returning, but not now.

I have never even received any sort of warning in all these years, not one time. Been a member there since 2008.

I am literally stunned. That's ok though, they will never see another dime from me and I will uninstall everything DCS.

Spent a fortune with them over all these years too. Best I can tell no way to contact them to find out what the heck happend.

Very disgruntled with Eagle Dynamics right now. I can't believe there is not a way to even find out what triggered a perma ban on me.

Maybe if someone here is also a member of their forums they can take a look and see if anything sticks out?

Pretty sure I only posted in the Virtual Reality subforum. Maybe hardware subforum, but don't think so.

Just checked and there's a thread wit people with similar problems. The response so far as been to switch off and log back in

From one of the mods...

Please log out and log back in, it seems to be some strange server error

thank you

Edited by Hoots
2 minutes ago, Hoots said:

Just checked and there's a thread wit people with similar problems. The response so far as been to switch off and log back in

Wow, ok thanks will try.

Well I guess good thing my hair trigger finger did not already delete DCS off my computer.

That worked and I am logged in now. Wow.

Now to get my blood pressure back down a little. That is a serious problem if lot of folks getting that message.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On 11/6/2020 at 11:57 PM, 216th_LuseKofte said:

I am in a personal cfs crisis. Have not the faintest idea what to do 

Relax.  Take it easy.  Get online with a bunch of friends and just talk rubbish.  The particular game isn't important - mojo is.

von Tom

• Like 1
5 hours ago, dburne said:

Wow, ok thanks will try.

Well I guess good thing my hair trigger finger did not already delete DCS off my computer.

That worked and I am logged in now. Wow.

Now to get my blood pressure back down a little. That is a serious problem if lot of folks getting that message.

Pretty weird if you had been banned, you always seem pretty civilized here, if not downright helpful. I think I still owe you a beer. ;)

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

Pretty weird if you had been banned, you always seem pretty civilized here, if not downright helpful. I think I still owe you a beer. ;)

Thanks, yeah I was quite shocked when I got that message upon going to the forum.

Yup. Just checked, and I'd been 'banned' myself. The sad thing is that had I not seen this thread first, I might have taken it seriously, rather than assuming it was a software glitch. Given the rather ban-happy way the DCS forum has been run in the past, I'd probably have assumed the worst, though I'd be scratching my head trying to figure out what I'd done to bring it on.

Back on the subject of DCS itself, I finally got around to trying out the Harrier again, after a few months break, and made a better landing on the Tarawa at my first attempt than I'd done in all my previous efforts. Either they've done something to the flight model, or I need to practise less...

1 hour ago, kestrel79 said:

Anyone try the new WW2 damage model? How does it compare to IL2? It sounds pretty nice, but could just be marketing speak.

Does it eat up more fps too? DCS is already pretty hungry on my system.

The DCS damage model is... a work in progress.

I only tried the DCS DM for a few minutes, but it has neither the natural feel or the esthetic qualities of the IL2 DM. The small smoke wasn't too bad, the big smoke was like something out of the original IL2 from years back. Didn't look at the FPS, but I run small missions mostly and I rarely get stutters. Nick Grey (DCS CEO) said in an interview months back that the DCS DM "sucks balls". I thought that was refreshingly honest to hear from a developer. A lot of times developers just get angry and whiny when confronted with the truth. Not him.

In any case, it doesn't suck balls anymore, it just... kinda sucks. :biggrin:

14 hours ago, CanadaOne said:

The DCS damage model is... a work in progress.

I only tried the DCS DM for a few minutes, but it has neither the natural feel or the esthetic qualities of the IL2 DM. The small smoke wasn't too bad, the big smoke was like something out of the original IL2 from years back. Didn't look at the FPS, but I run small missions mostly and I rarely get stutters. Nick Grey (DCS CEO) said in an interview months back that the DCS DM "sucks balls". I thought that was refreshingly honest to hear from a developer. A lot of times developers just get angry and whiny when confronted with the truth. Not him.

In any case, it doesn't suck balls anymore, it just... kinda sucks. :biggrin:

My experience is different.

Aesthatically is different. Not worse in my opinión. Some things looks better but other IL2 is clearly better.

What I like more is the effect of the damage in the plane. Less spectacular but more crippling. If you are hit (short/medium burst) it can cause cathastrophic effects. But many times you do not see much of an visual effect. You are not falling off the sky yet you are unable to fight back effectively.

• Upvote 1
On 11/16/2020 at 4:21 PM, Trooper117 said:

If I stood in front of you and gave you one of my parade ground bollockings you'd soon change your mind mate...

Some English swearing has already come my way. A lot of Polish too, they seem to stick with kurwa but change the following word a great deal. 

4 hours ago, nirvi said:

Liking it so far!

U76HQJc.png
yxCr8ZN.png
peg9uC2.png

It definitely looks better than it was! But they've got a ways to go before its anywhere near on the level of IL-2.

I do REALLY wish we had some AI B-17s in IL-2 though.... maybe someday hopefully....

5 hours ago, HR_Zunzun said:

My experience is different.

Aesthatically is different. Not worse in my opinión. Some things looks better but other IL2 is clearly better.

What I like more is the effect of the damage in the plane. Less spectacular but more crippling. If you are hit (short/medium burst) it can cause cathastrophic effects. But many times you do not see much of an visual effect. You are not falling off the sky yet you are unable to fight back effectively.

Fair enough. I didn't spend that much time with it and my first impressions might have been a bit harsh. But that big smoke is a bit 2010 looking.

I guess I was comparing it directly with IL2 which absolutely sets the bar in this case.

14 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

guess I was comparing it directly with IL2 which absolutely sets the bar in this case

Does it? Being shot and get these minecraft pixel damages put me off. But then again I am mostly in the receiving end

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte
4 minutes ago, JGr18_Leopold said:

Hi all!

What do the planes in the DCS look like compared to the IL-2? How does 109K4 behave in IL-2 and DCS, for example? Dora?

Opinions vary, you'll have to make up your own mind.  I prefer IL-2 WWII over DCS WWII, but you'll see others who prefer the opposite.  Here are some comparisons of the applicable aircraft, These are most most unbiased comparisons I've seen to date they were made prior to updates of both sims though:

BF-109K

FW-190

Spit IX

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, JGr18_Leopold said:

Hi all!

What do the planes in the DCS look like compared to the IL-2? How does 109K4 behave in IL-2 and DCS, for example? Dora?

P 51 andP 47 in DCS is spectacular. I do not like the 109 nor Dora in both. 
As a ww2 cfs GB is best. Individual planes are usually better for lack of a better word. 
but they cost a lot

1 hour ago, JGr18_Leopold said:

Hi all!

The DCS planes range from "okay" to "Holy chit that's nice!" The 109 is okay, the P-51 is mostly really good, and the P-47 is genius level. Not to mention the jets with the fancy night lighting  in the cockpit. Some of those are top shelf.

I'm hard pressed to say I every saw a better WWII flightsim cockpit than the DCS P-47. In flight, with the lighting and shadows, it sets a whole new standard. The DCS Mosquito coming out in December(?) looks like it will be to this standard and that's gonna be great.

1-1.png?w=1024

• Upvote 1
48 минут назад, CanadaOne сказал:

The DCS planes range from "okay" to "Holy chit that's nice!" The 109 is okay, the P-51 is mostly really good, and the P-47 is genius level. Not to mention the jets with the fancy night lighting  in the cockpit. Some of those are top shelf.

I'm hard pressed to say I every saw a better WWII flightsim cockpit than the DCS P-47. In flight, with the lighting and shadows, it sets a whole new standard. The DCS Mosquito coming out in December(?) looks like it will be to this standard and that's gonna be great.

I don't like the look of the P-47. Would be a Spitfire-XIV, 109G6AS/G10 - prefer MG151/20. So I don't take 109K4. How does D9 compare?

12 minutes ago, JGr18_Leopold said:

I don't like the look of the P-47. Would be a Spitfire-XIV, 109G6AS/G10 - prefer MG151/20. So I don't take 109K4. How does D9 compare?

I have the 109, which I bought just for the sake of flying over the Channel, which is the nicest WWII map I've seen. The 109 is a fun little plane but not that special. I fly the P-51 most of all and it handles like a dream. I tried the Spitfire demo and really didn't enjoy it. Super twitchy. I liked the D9, had a nice feel to it, but haven't bought it and probably won't.

10 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

I find the lack of TOMCATS in this thread greatly disappointing!

And 101 kitteh pictures to follow. :biggrin:

Another sale. Oh, my poor wallet. These boys know how to make a video! 

14 minutes ago, =LG=Mad_Mikhael said:

I don't know.. I have negative feelings about this.

WTF is that? Is he breaking a sound barrier? 😄

Spit is hit at the end of wing..

And 5 frames later damage occurs on a whole wing and.. fuselage!?

And what's up with these tracers?

1. Burst water jacket, effect is still being tuned.

2. Not sure what you mean, the hits to the wing and fuselage happend before the hit on the wingtip? Also, rounds can pass through the wing and hit the fuselage, if they have enough energy left.

3. Typical online lag

17 minutes ago, nirvi said:

1. Burst water jacket, effect is still being tuned.

2. Not sure what you mean, the hits to the wing and fuselage happend before the hit on the wingtip? Also, rounds can pass through the wing and hit the fuselage, if they have enough energy left.

3. Typical online lag

2. Spit wasn't hit anywhere for 7 seconds, and then he was hit in the left wingtip, and after that whole left-wing (which is fine for me) AND fuselage changed to "damaged" status (which is very odd since fuselage wasn't hit at all). Hits were from behind, so there is no way that this round could go through the wing to the fuselage.

3. Well, if it's typical online lag their net code sucks, since every tracer smoke from cannons, after a 2s leaves that strange smokie-sharp-degree-changes.

On 11/19/2020 at 2:06 PM, Bremspropeller said:

I find the lack of TOMCATS in this thread greatly disappointing!

I spent about 2 hours watching DCS Tomcat videos tonight.

With a new Ryzen system build in the works, I’m definitely going to invest in that Tomcat. It might be (other than the Dora I purchased 32 years ago and never installed) my only DCS module until the F4U...which will be fun 4ME.

38 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

With a new Ryzen system build in the works, I’m definitely going to invest in that Tomcat. It might be (other than the Dora I purchased 32 years ago and never installed) my only DCS module until the F4U...which will be fun 4ME.

You won't regret it. It's really that good.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

Welcome to the Dark Side. :cool:

Grab the A-10A. It's $7.50, insanely easy to manage, and you can BRRRRRRRT!  And they just updated the gun sounds. Very cool. 

All Hail to the BRRRRRRRRT!

DCS-World.jpg

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

It is the best module of any aircraft, on any sim, I have personally experienced. If I could only choose one aircraft to fly, on any sim, If I had to choose just one, It would be the Heatblur F14. Not taking away from any other plane, or any other simulation, or any Devs, It's just that good. IMO.  The module comes with the A, and B variants right now.

The near future holds 4 included campaigns, one which is user made, (user made campaign is included already) and the USS Forrestal. If you get the F14, I would recommend getting the Supercarrier as well. Most missions for the 14 have a SC alternative, instead of using the stock USS Stennis.  The Jester AI use of the LANTIRN pod, is still being developed, and It will bring the module to another level when finished, for laser guided bombing. 

Maybe one day I will see a F14 mission or two, perhaps a campaign made by Gambit.  🤩 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, CastorTroy said:

is the best module of any aircraft, on any sim, I have personally experienced.

Yes it is the best jet to fly. Be in and it just is feelgood. My relation with Jester have caused some rio eject incident. I don’t like him. But I can spend some hours just fly in that cockpit. It is extremely nice. 
@Gambit21 When buying it. Take your time setting up controls. Start with controls , undercarrage , hook and flaps. Do not progress further until you can take off and land. A free aircraft is SU 25T worth a shot too. I find myself flying it a lot. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

@Gambit21 When buying it. Take your time setting up controls. Start with controls , undercarrage , hook and flaps. Do not progress further until you can take off and land. A free aircraft is SU 25T worth a shot too. I find myself flying it a lot. 

The SU-25T is a great plane. Shooting laser guided missiles the size of telephone poles at things never gets old. But Gambit needs BRRRRRRT! He needs the A-10A.

I'm still on the fence with the F-14. I just want it because it's gorgeous, not because I have any particular love for the plane.

On 11/22/2020 at 1:50 PM, CanadaOne said:

Still no DCS sale on Steam. Damn! I wanted to shop while enjoying my covfefe. :coffee:

Steam autumn sale usually starts on tuesday before Thanksgiving. So it should be there tomorrow or wednesday latest.

Steam Black Friday 2020: When is the Steam Autumn sale? When is next Steam sale? | Gaming | Entertainment | Express.co.uk

• Upvote 1