4 hours ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

S! 

Any comments on the new DM in DCS? Can't fly until next year some time :(

Hard to say, the only servers with the new DM are terrible Airquake-servers, just no fun flying there. 

I will wait until normal servers get access to the new DM.

4 hours ago, Arthur-A said:

I thought that the DM is something in the client side. Why do you need to connect to a server to get it instead of updating your game files?

The DM will be released to singleplayer with the november 18 patch. Right now it‘s only available on 2 testservers, so ED can get more data out of the public tests

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, nirvi said:

The DM will be released to singleplayer with the november 18 patch. Right now it‘s only available on 2 testservers, so ED can get more data out of the public tests

Looking forward to try it out!

Oh dear... the humanity. :o:

You can lock on to one poor underpaid shmoo from miles away in the A-10C II and give him the good news with one of those little laser rockets. I'm trying to see if I can kill the fuze on the warhead and use it as an impact drill but haven't had any luck. Be interesting if you could use the Assasinator-10C II as a zero collateral damage device.

20201111135912_1.jpg

• Haha 1
On 11/8/2020 at 10:59 AM, Sokol1 said:

Unedited video of "chop tree furball", showing the new DM effects. Fire is convincing, but that old "locomotive steam" still present.

Nice. Hows the DM feel compared to Il2? Haven't played on the servers yet so I'm curious.

14 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

Does anybody know whether one can change into a 3d-view in the mission-editor?

Sort of like in the old IL-2 days?

Nope. You can only see the vehicles/objects in 2D from above. Not long ago you could not even see the actual models, only icons lol. But you can run the mission from the editor and quickly see results.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just got my headphones with a mic from Amazon. God bless that needlessly-polluting-one-day-delivery-for-impatient-people option. :good:

Re-installed Voice Attack on Steam, which I haven't used since 2017 apparently, and it's fantastic with DCS. I cleared 10 buttons off the HOTAS in half an hour and even got some fancy macros done up. Managed to slew the MFD targeting with it, but that's a work in progress, the movements aren't very precise. Was seriously thinking of a Warthog because of all those hat switches, but no point if you spend the $10 on Voice Attack and you have a pair of headphones with a mic.

There's even a free option that gives you one profile.

https://voiceattack.com/

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, CanadaOne said:

Just got my headphones with a mic from Amazon. God bless that needlessly-polluting-one-day-delivery-for-impatient-people option. :good:

Re-installed Voice Attack on Steam, which I haven't used since 2017 apparently, and it's fantastic with DCS. I cleared 10 buttons off the HOTAS in half an hour and even got some fancy macros done up. Managed to slew the MFD targeting with it, but that's a work in progress, the movements aren't very precise. Was seriously thinking of a Warthog because of all those hat switches, but no point if you spend the $10 on Voice Attack and you have a pair of headphones with a mic.

There's even a free option that gives you one profile.

https://voiceattack.com/

Didn’t know about the free option, will have to give this a go. Thanks!

4 hours ago, Hoots said:

Didn’t know about the free option, will have to give this a go. Thanks!

I'm still working off just one profile. Haven't set up for different planes yet, so it's a bit of a mess, but still very cool, all the basics are covered on the one profile. Might not be proper military cool vernacular, but it's easy to remember: "Center - F Two - F Three - F Six - Map - Labels - Gear - Flaps - Airbrakes - Panel Left - Panel Right - Goggles". And a few macros like "Import", when copying JDAM coordinates from the map into the Harrier. Better than holding keys: R-Alt+R-Ctrl+8.

I'm not that handy with complicated button logic crap, but after a few minutes of tutorials, you're making new voice assignments in seconds on the fly, while running the game; hit pause, drop out of DCS and into Voice Attack, which is open in the background anyway, make the command assignment, and then back to the game. This is great because you can work out what you want while flying and fighting. It's very cool. 

There are a bunch of tutorials, this one is not bad. (You don't have to make it talk back to you like it's doing in the video. It can just beep or make no sound at all.)

Edited by CanadaOne
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, CanadaOne said:

Center - F Two - F Three - F Six - Map - Labels - Gear - Flaps - Airbrakes - Panel Left - Panel Right - Goggles".

This is the reason I have not picked this up. I have other people in the house. And they would lol a lot hearing me yell “EJECT EJECT EJECT” every couple of minutes. They already hear me yell «hælvette førrbanne fetthyse» witch is a rude way on calling someone a prick. English swearing is kind of weak in my opinion. 
But I acknowledge the practicality in special using my Rift S 

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte
2 hours ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

This is the reason I have not picked this up. I have other people in the house. And they would lol a lot hearing me yell “EJECT EJECT EJECT” every couple of minutes. They already hear me yell «hælvette førrbanne fetthyse» witch is a rude way on calling someone a prick. English swearing is kind of weak in my opinion. 
But I acknowledge the practicality in special using my Rift S 

Ha! :biggrin:

I noticed that Voice Attack also works pretty well with a whisper. 

Sometimes, the most effective swearing is when you don't actually use swearwords at all, but make it seem like it. 'Fiddlesticks!' was a favourite of my father's, which I've picked up on myself. It works particularly well in a context where everyone else is 'F'-ing away with abandon, since after a time nobody notices the real swear words, and a bit of originality stands out. Though if you really want the maximum effect, invent your own swear words and phrases. 'Horse biscuits!' sounds vaguely obscene, though nobody will be able to explain why. 

Alternately, you can learn from a master, and make it all so undecipherable that even the censors have to let it through...

• Upvote 1
On 10/25/2020 at 6:41 PM, CanadaOne said:

Every video I watch makes me want to buy it because it's a cool azz A-10 and every video I watch reminds me that I will never, ever master systems that complex, so I shouldn't buy it.

Bummer. :(

If you put the time, and your mind to it, you very well would learn the flight, and weapon systems. A very rewardable experience once you start getting the hang of it. 

On 10/28/2020 at 8:59 PM, CanadaOne said:

DCS sale starts on Steam tomorrow. Not sure what or if I'll get anything. The F-14 is mighty cool, but I think it will still run about $80 on sale.

We'll see.

The Heatblur F-14b is a awesome module. Maybe the best I have ever experienced, and you get the help of "Jester", your RIO, with weapon systems, and navigation. And for that $80 price tag, you will not only get the b model, but the a model as well, along with the USS Forrestal. (A model will be released Nov18, CV-59 should be released by March of 2021)

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, CastorTroy said:

If you put the time, and your mind to it, you very well would learn the flight, and weapon systems. A very rewardable experience once you start getting the hang of it. 

I was in North Carolina once, many, many moons ago. :drinks:

You're right, the A-10 can be very rewarding/fun, but I was having a lot of trouble with it due to HOTAS limitations and a small brain. But over the last few days with headphones and a mic, and Voice Attack, I was able to free up a ton of switches on my HOTAS throttle and put that zoo of DMS/CMS/Coolie switches there. I'm at the point where I can have a good scrap and can handle the laser rockets much faster than before. Have yet to launch a Maverick. 

Still watching Ralfidude and Grim Reapers tutorials. They help a ton.

3 hours ago, CastorTroy said:

The Heatblur F-14b is a awesome module. Maybe the best I have ever experienced, and you get the help of "Jester", your RIO, with weapon systems, and navigation. And for that $80 price tag, you will not only get the b model, but the a model as well, along with the USS Forrestal. (A model will be released Nov18, CV-59 should be released by March of 2021)

I don't have a big love for the F-14 other than the ridiculously good eye candy of the DCS model. I barely do any A2A, it's all ground pounding in my flights, so the F-14, gorgeous as it is, isn't first in line for A2G action. But if it ever hits half-price, I'll buy simply because it's so damn cool.