Hi there! I have a 500 EUR discount code for use in worldwide VIRPIL Controls webstore https:///virpil-controls.eu 
I can give my discount code to someone in exchange for DCS modules F-14 Tomcat + F-16 Viper + Persian Gulf Map like a gift from you for my DCS account: Latart
I will be waiting a gift from you after your successful order in VIRPIL Controls webstore. You will save about $300. If someone interested please text me.

The two airplanes I'm most looking forward at the moment are the F-8J and the Mirage F1 - hopefully next year...

9 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

The two airplanes I'm most looking forward at the moment are the F-8J and the Mirage F1 - hopefully next year...

Oooh Mirage is a nice bird.

Panavia Tornado would get my juices flowing.

Really I'd like to fly a Huey through the valleys and over the ridges of Indo China...or an F4 or A4 or MiG over Indo China.

Whop Whop Whop Whop Whop Whop...not going to bother over Crimea or Vegas.

what free maps are avalaible?

im a free man :)

32 minutes ago, raaaid said:

what free maps are avalaible?

im a free man :)

The Caucuses map, which is okay, and soon(?) the Marianas map with a few island and a lot of water.

• Upvote 1

On 2/4/2020 at 4:53 PM, Gambit21 said:

For me the one that I was likely to be able to not only learn, but more importantly REMEMBER how to operate after a few weeks/months of not flying it would be the primary deciding factor. :)

This too is my situation. The procedures get so complex that by the time I remember most of it by the time I get around to playing again  I’ve got to practically go through the whole learning process once more. That and a few other reasons are one of the chief causes of me racking up far, far more flight time in IL-2 compared to DCS. I’m an old dog and learning new tricks makes me snarl somewhat.

8 hours ago, BornToBattle said:

This too is my situation. The procedures get so complex that by the time I remember most of it by the time I get around to playing again  I’ve got to practically go through the whole learning process once more. That and a few other reasons are one of the chief causes of me racking up far, far more flight time in IL-2 compared to DCS. I’m an old dog and learning new tricks makes me snarl somewhat.

Pretty much the same boat I am in.

I have been trying to learn all aspects of the Hornet for months now, and not there yet.

IL-2 keeps dominating the majority of my time though.

1 hour ago, dburne said:

Pretty much the same boat I am in.

I have been trying to learn all aspects of the Hornet for months now, and not there yet.

IL-2 keeps dominating the majority of my time though.

I tend to spend more time in DCS now which is kinda weird, and kind of a shame, really. I built my rig two-years back and just dropped serious cash on a new video card a few months back, 90% just for IL2. But the weakness of IL2's in-game SP content creation, and me being a sandbox flyer, means I get bored with IL2, whereas DCS lets me do what I want to do, fast and easy. It's why I didn't pre-order BoN or the new collector planes, which in the past I would have done immediately, and instead bought DCS modules.

That being said, now I tend to learn the functions of the DCS planes more and more, especially the Harrier, and some of the manipulations of the systems is kinda interesting. I'll never learn any plane 100% - unless they make an F-104 -  but that's okay. All that matters is that it's fun.

• Upvote 1

New 2.5.6 update appears to be out. Haven't been able to download it yet though.

New night lighting, some improvements on the maps, and lots of stuff for the planes. Gotta love updates!

3 hours ago, CanadaOne said:

New 2.5.6 update appears to be out. Haven't been able to download it yet though.

New night lighting, some improvements on the maps, and lots of stuff for the planes. Gotta love updates!

Ok seems like DCS weekend then. If they havent [edited] up

Edited by LukeFF
language

4 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

Ok seems like DCS weekend then. If they havent [edited] up

They might have [edited] it up.

A lot of posts about the update being buggered up in some way and of anti-virus readings of a false positive and deleting a .dll file.

So far Steam won't load the update for me.

2 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

They might have [edited] it up.

A lot of posts about the update being buggered up in some way and of anti-virus readings of a false positive and deleting a .dll file.

So far Steam won't load the update for me.

Are you on the beta branch?

If not then you can´t get the update yet as it was only released for open beta.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 9./JG27golani79 said:

Are you on the beta branch?

If not then you can´t get the update yet as it was only released for open beta.

Yeah, I checked and made sure. Tried shutting down Steam a few times and opening it back up, and starting the game. Nothing.

I'll check again.

2 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

Yeah, I checked and made sure. Tried shutting down Steam a few times and opening it back up, and starting the game. Nothing.

I'll check again.

I just read that it was rolled back on Steam due to the bugs.

10 minutes ago, 9./JG27golani79 said:

I just read that it was rolled back on Steam due to the bugs.

Okay, thanks for that.

Too bad, I want to see that new night lighting.

Mine updated yesterday evening just fine  - it was a big one, will be checking out later this morning.

Anxious to see how the water looks in the Persian Gulf flying off the carrier.

Edited by dburne

https://www.helisimmer.com/news/latest-dcs-update-brought-multicrew-huey

Multicrew on huey. Meaning I can take a friend with me flying it. 
If I had one, personally I do not like people so I do not know why I regard this as good news. 
It must be the fact that they still upgrade the huey. 
I did not bother testing DCS yesterday, seeing they messed up big time I found it healthy staying away from that frustration

• Haha 2

Easy and not to slow ( albeit my old internet link ) update here too.

Everything fine, and the MS Antivirus ( Defender the only I use in Win 10 )  didn't complaint about the mentioned "DRM false positive"...

Good performance, but I noticed that enabling the new graphic option for lighting is heavy on fps ( lost around 15-20 fps ).

I'm on an old rig, i5 2500 GTX 960, so it always surprises me how these games ( DCS, IL2, WT ... ) perform so well in it.

13 hours ago, CanadaOne said:

TBH a lot of posts saying exactly the same thing in about 30 different threads. If any of them bothered to read the main discussion thread and reading about 6 of the initial posts following its release before posting they could make their informed about whether to trust ED or Kasperski and make their choice quietly without clogging up the forums with their "news". 

I play on an older TV that is reasonably well calibrated with middling gear and it looks like a good starter for 10.  There are niggles but I dont think "its messed up big time" and perhaps i am more willing to accept that an open beta is just that.

Having spent about 10 hours with different modules Ive found the Heatblur stuff to be the most messed up in terms of pit lighting (both the instruments and the paint chips illuminate in the F14 pit and the viggen now seems to be powered by some form of star trek nuclear reactor whos light emits from deep within its fuse) but they state they aint made any changes as yet. The Harrier, Hornet and A10 pits look incredibly nice in the dark (may have done before but i never flew after sunset cos, well, there was nothing to see)

Flying over the cities of the PG map and picking out airports from distance at 3AM is not going to get old very quickly for me. It looks stunning and adds a whole new dimension to what i can do with the mission builder now. I think the lighting and the manner in which the city and village lights are equally bright should be tweaked if possible as does the hard line cut off for the light pooling at the edge of built up areas but this is small stuff. 

The water...as blooddawn says may take some getting used to and there are now some noticable cut offs with the reflections at the screen edges and canopy framing to add to the exisiting shadow oddness and of course your airplane still brings its own masking cloak to the ground and doesnt react to ground light sources. But its early days. The new SSLR (screen space local reflections) option is a frame killer too but is a new work in progress that may come into its own later though either refinement or more pc horsepower.  

My personal rating so far (making a scaling adjustment for the fact its a flight sim and as such bound by law never to be perfect) is a solid 9/10 for ambient improvment but 5/10 for delivery. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, BOO said:

TBH a lot of posts saying exactly the same thing in about 30 different threads. If any of them bothered to read the main discussion thread and reading about 6 of the initial posts following its release before posting they could make their informed about whether to trust ED or Kasperski and make their choice quietly without clogging up the forums with their "news". 

I play on an older TV that is reasonably well calibrated with middling gear and it looks like a good starter for 10.  There are niggles but I dont think "its messed up big time" and perhaps i am more willing to accept that an open beta is just that.

Having spent about 10 hours with different modules Ive found the Heatblur stuff to be the most messed up in terms of pit lighting (both the instruments and the paint chips illuminate in the F14 pit and the viggen now seems to be powered by some form of star trek nuclear reactor whos light emits from deep within its fuse) but they state they aint made any changes as yet. The Harrier, Hornet and A10 pits look incredibly nice in the dark (may have done before but i never flew after sunset cos, well, there was nothing to see)

Flying over the cities of the PG map and picking out airports from distance at 3AM is not going to get old very quickly for me. It looks stunning and adds a whole new dimension to what i can do with the mission builder now. I think the lighting and the manner in which the city and village lights are equally bright should be tweaked if possible as does the hard line cut off for the light pooling at the edge of built up areas but this is small stuff. 

The water...as blooddawn says may take some getting used to and there are now some noticable cut offs with the reflections at the screen edges and canopy framing to add to the exisiting shadow oddness and of course your airplane still brings its own masking cloak to the ground and doesnt react to ground light sources. But its early days. The new SSLR (screen space local reflections) option is a frame killer too but is a new work in progress that may come into its own later though either refinement or more pc horsepower.  

My personal rating so far (making a scaling adjustment for the fact its a flight sim and as such bound by law never to be perfect) is a solid 9/10 for ambient improvment but 5/10 for delivery. 

I understand it's an open beta, and I'm willing to accept a few hiccups. It is DCS after all. :pilot:

Still no Steam update this morning, too bad. I'm looking forward to that night lighting more than anything else., both on the Nevada and PG maps.

27 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

I understand it's an open beta, and I'm willing to accept a few hiccups. It is DCS after all. :pilot:

Still no Steam update this morning, too bad. I'm looking forward to that night lighting more than anything else., both on the Nevada and PG maps.

I wasnt pointing fingers 🙂  just saying my expectations go into the green if the game even starts after an update so im perhaps over generous 🙂. The other thing thats really helped me with dcs is the gradual amassing of modules. As one breaks another fixes and the more you have the more chance you get of being able to fly something (and learn/relearn) without compromising too much. Not how it should be and certainly no help to those who choose to in depth one module but I helps me cope with the slings and arrows of OB.  Ha ive even been ogling the Mig21 pit as ive never flown it at any other time that 12 noon. Its got lights y'know, priddy, priddy lights......    #doesnttakemuch

Edited by BOO

Spent some time with 2.5.6 this morning, flying the Hornet of the Stennis carrier in the Persian Gulf.

Looking really good, and performance so far does not seem to suffer for me with the Rift S. 

Did cold start, taxi , and takeoffs followed by flying around low over both sea and land, followed up with some ILCS landings on he carrier.

The sea certainly looks better as well. I used to get some color banding near the shoreline and that seems to be gone now.

Ya. Spoke too soon. Static objects like mission editor buildings and airfield objects cease to render if you're more than 500M from them.  Few launch failures too.

Ah well.......oooo priddy lights....

Bummer, gonna hafta wait.

Stormbirdsblog should have an article on the update soon. Looking forward to that.

Tested a couple of quick missions with huey. 
First you can not easily kill off light armored vehicles anymore. 
seconly. Had to turn down light quite a bit

water looked better same did terrain in PG

I feel it is a little less fps down low and something has to be tweaked down 

4 hours ago, BOO said:

Ah well.......oooo priddy lights....

It's like going to see Tron......on magic mushrooms:wacko:

• Haha 2

That looks nice. And for sure it's gonna get tweaked.

If Steam ever puts the update out I'll give it a try. :dry:

1 hour ago, Bremspropeller said:

Can't seem to open the effing game since the update.

After the very long download I restarted my pc so everything was.....just so,  but I still had to have three or four attempts to make DCS load up properly. 

S! 

No problems launching the game. Runs fine with the new lighting. Found a bug that I reported. 

is the loss of sound, kind of a lowering and dullness, in a dive a bug or a feature? 

Edit, this is in the P51

Edited by Rolling_Thunder

Lots of bugs with this beta, its actually impressive some of the things its managed to break 🤣

The joy of betas🤣 hopefully a hotfix soon👍

5 hours ago, DD_fruitbat said:

Lots of bugs with this beta, its actually impressive some of the things its managed to break 🤣

The joy of betas🤣 hopefully a hotfix soon👍

I was pretty lucky on my end with this update. So far no problem.

Steam has the update now. Tried it for a few minutes and it looks good. Just did a bit of night flying over Nevada, saving the Persian Gulf for when it's dark out and I don't have the sun on my screen.

Could be my imagination but some of the HUD action looks sharper.

33 minutes ago, dburne said:

I was pretty lucky on my end with this update. So far no problem.

We've (dangerdogz) had to roll back to stable for the time being, because its killed carrier ops, killed auto starts on quite a few jets, and multiplayer frames drop massively after a few minutes.

I'm still using it as well, because i've got new toys for my beloved F16 (just doing stuff offline in it with the engine already running, i may love it, but not enough to learn the coldstart!!!).

1 hour ago, DD_fruitbat said:

We've (dangerdogz) had to roll back to stable for the time being, because its killed carrier ops, killed auto starts on quite a few jets, and multiplayer frames drop massively after a few minutes.

I'm still using it as well, because i've got new toys for my beloved F16 (just doing stuff offline in it with the engine already running, i may love it, but not enough to learn the coldstart!!!).

Yeah I have been flying Carrier Ops off of the Stennis in my Hornet with no problem, however I do cold start each time.

Holy Snapin', that night lighting is very nice. Just took a few flights around Dubai in the Harrier and they've definitely upped the quality of the lighting indoors and out. I really don't know if it's my imagination but the cockpit displays look better than before. The FLIR looks great. And the outdoor scenery is very good. So good, in fact, that I crashed while landing because I was distracted by all the pretty lights.  :biggrin:

A real step forward in the eye candy department.

• Upvote 1