Sign in to follow this  
II./JG1_Etzel

FC development by Collector Items?

FC development by Collector Items?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Main Question: If FC development would continue in the way of selling Planes, Maps and maybe other Single Player related content on a collectors base:

• I would for sure buy any item offered (no matter what, just to broaden my FC options and to ensure further development)
    • I would buy on individual decision only those items am interested in (that specific plane / map / scenario)
    • I would only buy a complete Package Vol.2 with several new planes and a new map
    • I don’t want to buy anything as long as I don’t have a Single Player career included In-Game (as I am not interested in PWGC or other substitutes out side the core game)
    • I would not buy anything FC related as am anyhow not interested in the WW1 air war
  2. 2. And in case you have chosen Option 1 or 2 above: If 1GCS really would decide to go that item-selling way first and then combines these items to Product „FC Vol.2“ later on:

• That would be absolutely ok for me, as I helped FC development going on and owned all the content earlier at least. Beside that I am anyhow happy about any new FC player ;-)
    • In that case I would be pretty pissed off, as I paid much more money for having the same content at the end…
    • Not applicable as I did not choose Option 1 or 2 above...

Based on the latest update by Jason regarding the Future of Flying Circus I am (and some others too, as I already saw in other posts) thinking of the opportunity to continue the further development of Flying Circus via small seperate purchaseable items, meaning: Collector Planes & Maps & Campaigns, instead of building up a complete Vol.2-Package…
Why I think that might be a reasonable way is:
1st) Quicker delivery of new content (esp. more planes) for players
2nd) Less risk from the business perspective

And I’d like to get a feeling what’s who the pilot community is thinking about this, thats the reason for this poll....

Edited by II./JG1_Etzel
  • Like 2

It would be wise to expand late war hangar we have with FC1.  in that case im in. As much as i love WW1 im not sure buying early planes separately. Pfalz dxii, brequet, fokker dv, more two seaters....is what i want.

....and we really need mercedes diiiau engine for scouts after those years!

Edited by Voidhunger

Anything to keep development going (and lower development risk for the devs - if it does that).

It might make sense to offer a discount for those who bought aircraft individually (so people do not have to buy the same aircraft twice)... I partly mention this because it would make sense to include aircraft like the Fw-190A8/F8 in a 1945 Eastern Europe expansion (you know, the mythical one with a Tu-2 and a Yak-3 etc.) but it'd also make sense that BoBP owners would only have to pay once (or 1.5 times)... so having such a capability to sell both 'stand alone' and 'expansion/combination' versions would make sense in the long run.

2 hours ago, II./JG1_Etzel said:

Based on the latest update by Jason regarding the Future of Flying Circus I am (and some others too, as I already saw in other posts) thinking of the opportunity to continue the further development of Flying Circus via small seperate purchaseable items

Sorry for diverting this thread but have I missed some sort of recent statement about FC vol 2?

Edited by HappyHaddock

7 minutes ago, HappyHaddock said:

Sorry for diverting this thread but I have I missed some sort of recent statement about FC vol 2?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Voidhunger said:

we really need mercedes diiiau engine for scouts after those years!

I completely agree and have been hoping for it all this time too.

But we need to keep supporting our favorite sims in order to get it.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

Like almost everyone I'd be reluctant to buy stuff I didn't actually want, simply to support a developer who had no obligation to spend that income on the stuff I did want.

However in a more general extent what I want is for a good WWI sim like Flying Circus to succeed, and a viable business is not based upon "potential" customers who sit back to "wait and see", so by and large any sort of new WWI content would have to be pretty bad for me not to purchase it. Consequently whilst there are minor aspects of FC vol1 that I'd liked to have been better, it represents good value for money and was well worth purchasing… indeed at twice the price I'd still have bought it.

It's not my place to tell the devs how to run a business and I'm sure this will be a matter they've given considerable thought to already , but if WWI is seen as a minority niche product interesting only to a modest number of dedicated fans, perhaps they could price their products accordingly to make them profitable on a smaller number of sales. I do feel that given the quality of products generally across the Il2 series they seem cheap compared to the closest thing they have to "rivals" , and the fact that very soon after launch IL2 titles are given away at pocket money prices in regular sales creates an impression that there is nothing to value.

Edited by HappyHaddock

I would buy planes, maps, plus extra SP content.... I did it with RoF and I'd do it with FC.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

I would buy planes, maps, plus extra SP content.... I did it with RoF and I'd do it with FC.

Same here.

Have a nice day.

• Upvote 1

I bought a fair amount of ROF content I've never even flown once.

Sadly the current business model for IL-2 doesn't really enable me to directly pay for the things I actually want to see most. So I'm in the odd situation of not being able to directly pay for what I really want, but hopeful that if enough of us spend on the sort of extra content I'm not that bothered about then I may still get what I want by way of the periodic improvements and updates applied across all IL-2 content for free.

I'd probably not invest anymore if there's no regular MP action by that time.

I have little confidence in the devs regarding ww1 these days, believing a few bad decisions down the years have helped bring ww1 simming to this low point in the MP arena.

If I ever decide to go serious with SP, I'd quite possibly go for WoFF as things stand.

I'd buy new plans and maps, and especially any static single player campaigns.  This is something I found to be lacking in RoF and feel that it's the for-sale Il-2 campaigns that really give it life with just the right amount of challenge and exposure to different combat scenarios.

I would love this.  Just sell us planes for awhile.  Breguet XIV please.

Good poll. Hope it gets heaps of positive votes (thousands - hmmm wishful). Anyway, 1 & 1 for me. WW1 is my thing. 

1 and 1 for me. I ended up buying all ROF planes over time and I would do that again for FC. If at this stage the future of FC seems risky, it would make sense to start with a few more planes - that seems more urgent to me than a new map. As others have said, 2 seaters would help flesh out the sky of FC vol 1. They would be the logical starting point for extra collector planes

14 hours ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

I'd probably not invest anymore if there's no regular MP action by that time.

I have little confidence in the devs regarding ww1 these days, believing a few bad decisions down the years have helped bring ww1 simming to this low point in the MP arena.

If I ever decide to go serious with SP, I'd quite possibly go for WoFF as things stand.

Hi Zoo,
I am almost exclusively a SP guy now and I like them both, FC1 and WoFF (Platinum Edition), each for different reason.

In the poll I marked 1 1

• Thanks 1

Please continue with FC. Would be a great shame to not go ahead.

I will fully support anything.

just to be on the save side and to make very clear: That Poll is an absolute private question and has no official representativeness at all....

I don't even can guess if this poll is recogniced at all by the developmen team nor if it could have any effect on any decision... I just hope the more people will vote the higher chance that it might have any positive effect on further development decisions....

Edited by II./JG1_Etzel
  • Upvote 1

Flawed poll, cannot submit if you choose any option other that 1 or 2 because you should not be answering the second question

• Upvote 1

I just want to hunt RFC two seaters like the Re8, Fe and Be2.  What options will be most likely to make that happen?

On 1/25/2020 at 5:08 AM, Jade_Monkey said:

Flawed poll, cannot submit if you choose any option other that 1 or 2 because you should not be answering the second question

oh... sorry, valid argument... I added an option 3 "not applicable" on the second Q 😉

• Thanks 1

I'll buy the Hurricane, but until there is - at least - a QMB with real meat on it's bones I'm done buying anything else.

We're gonna have 50 good maps and a 100 beautiful planes and anemic SP content creation to make use of it all. It makes no sense to me.

I did start a thread about the ability to buy individual planes/maps for FC a while back as in RoF.

As I said then I would happily buy one or two planes to try out FC,and if I liked it buy more in future.

I am still very reluctant to buy the game , even with the recent discount as I own nearly all the planes in RoF.

Previous post below

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/43230-flying-circus-how-to-purchase-plee-wishfrom-a-unhappy-rof-flyer/

Edited by SirFlappy
  • Like 1

On 1/23/2020 at 7:31 AM, FlyingShark said:

Same here.

Have a nice day.

Me too

• Upvote 1