Sign in to follow this  
SamVimes

Dora air spawn bug.

G'day All,

Just found a bug I haven't seen before the latest update. In career mode when trying to air spawn a new mission in the 190 Dora it will spawn flying directly into a stand of trees. The plane seems to be just a meter or so above the ground and appears to be just a few meters from a forest. Subsequently a crash into said stand of trees happens. Have tried out quite a few other planes and they don't seem to have this problem. The current date of my career is 21/02/1945, the squadron is III./JG54 and the airfield is Babenausen if that helps anyone. Not a big deal as I can successfully spawn on the runway and complete the missions but I thought I would let you know.

TIA

Craig

Neither of those files can be found in those places immediately after attempting to fly a Dora mission. They were there before attempting to fly this mission. I had been flying other aircraft and then read your message. I found those files and guessed that I should fly a Dora mission before sending them. Went back after this  (mission behaved exactly as described above) and neither of them were there. There are other files starting with an underscore visible in those folders.

TIA

Craig

Edited by SamVimes
Premature send.

I now have, since flying again in the Dora, a _gen.mission file in the \data\mission folder which I have attached. Still no _gen.log file but there is an _mgen.log if that helps at all?

I have now found out that I spawn in the correct place on the map, the middle of a forest 10 kilometers from point 2, but at 0 altitude.

Let me know if I can help at all.

TIA

Craig

_gen.zip

I can second that. Had that happening while flying an intercept mission with III./JG 54 from Babenhausen in Feb/45 roughly into the direction of Bonn. Whole flight spawning in the Taunus forest at Ground level within trees. 

On 1/24/2020 at 12:48 AM, SamVimes said:

Neither of those files can be found in those places immediately after attempting to fly a Dora mission. They were there before attempting to fly this mission. I had been flying other aircraft and then read your message. I found those files and guessed that I should fly a Dora mission before sending them. Went back after this  (mission behaved exactly as described above) and neither of them were there. There are other files starting with an underscore visible in those folders.

TIA

Craig

@SamVimes, I hope you still have the gen.log file ? 

I looked at the mission file, I still need to view the log file of the generation.

Sorry for the late reply.

Do you mean the _gen.log file because if you do I cannot find that file. I have other files starting with an underscore and having a log extension but I cannot find that particular file.

Well that's strange. Just had another go at an airspawn in that same Dora career and it worked properly. No problem. Still no _gen.log file however. Maybe I was holding my tongue correctly this time.😁 I don't know.

Thanks again,

Craig

• Thanks 1