Just installed a motion platform

J5_Daedallus

JG51_Beazil
30 minutes ago, Winger said:

I added it. But I have another problem now. For some reason I am missing 3 DOFs in VR.
Only rotation works but not offset along XY and Z axes. Feels as if i had a cheap 3 DOF Headtracker.
Any idea what i messed up? I think last time i flew it worked.´normally

Are you using a pimax?  I know this will happen to me if I use internal tracking as opposed to using the base stations.  Sorry for the aside but that's when it happens to me.

Charlo-VR
2 hours ago, Winger said:

I added it. But I have another problem now. For some reason I am missing 3 DOFs in VR.
Only rotation works but not offset along XY and Z axes. Feels as if i had a cheap 3 DOF Headtracker.
Any idea what i messed up? I think last time i flew it worked.´normally

Did you add the new line of telemetry to a copy of the their default Il-2 profile? In other words, is the problem limited to just the edited version of their profile?

If it's a problem with both the default and your updated version then it is probably isolated to just your VR headset. You'll want to remind folk what VR headset you are using so others can offer their advice on how to fix that. A lot of folk with various headsets explain that DOF limitations are often because the headset tracking can't see well enough, either because of base station lines-of-sight being blocked or not enough light in the room for inside out tracking cameras to keep track of movements.

For example, even though my lighting is bright and consistent, I sometimes find myself limited in my VR movement with my Reverb G2. The fix I use is to restart my computer and then take the time to make sure the headset is recognized completely in the WMR cliffhouse by moving the headset around a bit to verify all degrees of movement are recognized. I then close down Windows WMR and launch WMR for SteamVR and again move the headset around a bit to verify all degrees are recognized.

paul_leonard

This is the second thread today with this problem.  Charlie-VR is correct.  It is a random tracking problem that happens with WMR headsets.  Easy to solve, through disciplined start-up procedure (much like aircraft themselves).  Sometimes solved by having brighter lights or reset environment.  Someone needs to post solution(s) and make it sticky.  Maybe one of you Founder types?  It would help a lot of people.  I think Lefunste or Peregrine7 or Fenris described correct procedure but was too subtle. You guys are awesome, so please make it stick!

Next problem.
Today i tried to fly on Berloga and do a little dogfighting.
After a short while of flying and some shooting my platform stops working and gets the attached erromessage
Anyone any clue how to solve this?
I already wrote a ticket to support. But hey. If aomeone here can help quicker..:)

Errormessage.jpg

JG51_Beazil

I know my motors will lock up occasionally.  I have a balancing application that came with my unit that resets them.  Check your manufacturer's software.

27 minutes ago, JG51_Beazil said:

I know my motors will lock up occasionally.  I have a balancing application that came with my unit that resets them.  Check your manufacturer's software.

I read in the manual that I am not supposed to use an USB Hub - wich i was using. I now switched to Mainboard USB 3.1 slot directly. Will try out tomorrow and report back.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Winger said:

Next problem.
Today i tried to fly on Berloga and do a little dogfighting.
After a short while of flying and some shooting my platform stops working and gets the attached erromessage
Anyone any clue how to solve this?
I already wrote a ticket to support. But hey. If aomeone here can help quicker..:)

Errormessage.jpg

I had (and occasionally still have) a similar error, but my error I get is "Stall of F1 error detected on module #1.", with the same directions as your error about how to try to fix it. Usually I can simply fix that error by turning off, then turning back on, the platform. Sometimes I have to do that a couple of times. Either way it's frustrating in the middle of a flight.

I have nearly eliminated the issue by following guidance from Next Level Racing tech support, who sent me a Word document that I followed (except for the e-brake part, which I fortunately did not have to do). Here is the Dropbox link to that Word document (with their email to me added as page one):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ycqfynmaspi8fci/MPV3 Reference sensor error stall.docx?dl=0

It may be helpful to you, or they may send you the same document, or perhaps a different set of directions for your error.

7 hours ago, Charlo-VR said:

I had (and occasionally still have) a similar error, but my error I get is "Stall of F1 error detected on module #1.", with the same directions as your error about how to try to fix it. Usually I can simply fix that error by turning off, then turning back on, the platform. Sometimes I have to do that a couple of times. Either way it's frustrating in the middle of a flight.

I have nearly eliminated the issue by following guidance from Next Level Racing tech support, who sent me a Word document that I followed (except for the e-brake part, which I fortunately did not have to do). Here is the Dropbox link to that Word document (with their email to me added as page one):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ycqfynmaspi8fci/MPV3 Reference sensor error stall.docx?dl=0

It may be helpful to you, or they may send you the same document, or perhaps a different set of directions for your error.

You are great. Thanks.
They sent me the same document.
I will open it up and go through all the procedures except the E_Brake one (wich i didnt have a videolink to in any email anyways:)).
I hope this helps. Right now I get this message every sortie after just a few minutes of flight. At least on berloga the one hour i flew yesterday.

Its not very complicated to do and expecially the sensor alignment fix seems promising and at least from the descriprion makes the most sense to be the possible reason for my error.

Ill send you a PM: Maybe we can talk via phone because i have another question regarding the platform selfinitialization wich is most easily talked about but written in detail here in the forum.

Edited by Winger
  • Upvote 1

Guys, I got myself a proper NLR Rig.
If Anyone is Interested in my DIY rig (Minus the DXRacer Seat) then let me know.
Ill give it to you for free. A small Feed for the Aluminium Material would be all i ask. Ill pass this on to my Friends who Provided me With the Metal.
Item is located in germany close to Frankfurt am Main.

RAAF492SQNOz_Steve
4 hours ago, Winger said:

Here ist my new rig with installed v3 platform. Next thing will bei a 55" OLED TV and  ithink in will gezeigt a Steuerung wheel to drive from time to time. 

IMG_20210918_215504.jpg

Hi Winger, Curious to know how you managed to get your MFG Crosswind pedals to fit in between the foot pedal deck framing.

I have the same MFG pedals and they are several cm too wide to even fit in my GTtrack NLR cockpit framing. They interfere with the 45 degree tubing where your picture shows the Next Level Racing Sticker.  

I had to remove the wheel deck framing and just have my MFG Crosswinds located on the floor at present.

Great choice in pedals though!

Edited by RAAF492SQNOz_Steve
Duplicate wording removed, fixed typo's

On 9/19/2021 at 2:16 AM, RAAF492SQNOz_Steve said:

Hi Winger, Curious to know how you managed to get your MFG Crosswind pedals to fit in between the foot pedal deck framing.

I have the same MFG pedals and they are several cm too wide to even fit in my GTtrack NLR cockpit framing. They interfere with the 45 degree tubing where your picture shows the Next Level Racing Sticker.  

I had to remove the wheel deck framing and just have my MFG Crosswinds located on the floor at present.

Great choice in pedals though!

The GT ultimate wheel stand is only a tiny Bit too small. Solved by installing it at the foremost Position (got very long legs) . Just about fits with the pedals swiveled outwards. MFG also offers a kit to reduce Pedal width by in think a cm or so.  Ill Post a pic in the evening. 

EDIT: Here is a link to Milas Website and the width adjustmentkit. Its also available in grey:
https://mfg-sim.com/en/rudder-acessories/5-wap-width-adjustment-grey.html

Pic of my Wheelstand with installed Crwosswinds this evening or tomorrow.
Gotta pick up my Samsung 55Q90T wich will be my "Rig-TV".
This one is supposed to be very good for gaming. And i got it REALLY cheap. Man this german Site "Ebay Kleinanzeigen" is really worth pure money. I makde so many bargians there.
TV costs me 650,- Has a year warranty left and current new price is around 1400,-

EDIT 2: I just found this on Thingiverse -> Combat pedal mod. There is even versions wich reduce the overall width of your pedels by quite a bit.
See here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4750811

Edited by Winger
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1