J5_Daedallus

Just installed a motion platform

If I use the HOTAS in a manner that I would realistically fly with (smooth not jerky) the platform is smooth. If I jerk the joystick around the platform moves fast. There is Platform Manager software that allows me to customize the movements to my liking and I am happy how it performs with IL2 . YM MV.

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2020 at 6:45 AM, Blasterlasvideo said:

If I use the HOTAS in a manner that I would realistically fly with (smooth not jerky) the platform is smooth. If I jerk the joystick around the platform moves fast. There is Platform Manager software that allows me to customize the movements to my liking and I am happy how it performs with IL2 . YM MV.

Does the motion platform comes with the seat? Or its an accessory you also need to buy?

Posted (edited)

I bought both the seat, the flight cockpit and the motion platform from Next Level Racing. They are all separate items. I bought the seat since its designed to work with the platform (but it was a bitch to install with my larger hands. It was tough to access the areas where the chair bolts on to the mounting plate).

Edited by Blasterlasvideo
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Blasterlasvideo said:

I bought both the seat, the flight cockpit and the motion platform from Next Level Racing. They are all separate items. I bought the seat since its designed to work with the platform (but it was a bitch to install with my larger hands. It was tough to access the areas where the chair bolts on to the mounting plate).

Thanks for the info.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

this thread made me take the plunge my chair and motion platform comes today, it looked to good to pass up.

Edited by [TWB]kmac31
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, [TWB]kmac31 said:

this thread made me take the plunge my chair and motion platform comes today, it looked to good to pass up.

Pictures and thoughts when you can please kmac.  I hope the setup and integration are as smooth as possible.  Enjoy!

Does  the motion cancellation works with Windows Mixed Reality headsets like HP reverb or Odyssey ?

The hype is real this with vr is insane. A problem I had was there was no attachment for rudder pedals so when flying straight vertical my feet didn't touch the pedals and flying down I was being pushed into them. After a few trips to the hardware store I made an attachment for the pedals. Just regular flight is awsome, dogfights are crazy. Landing is cool you can feel what wheel hits first, and crashes where you skip across the ground damn near throw you from the chair. When combined with bass shakers the immersion is unparalleled 

20200316_090228.jpg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, [TWB]kmac31 said:

The hype is real this with vr is insane. A problem I had was there was no attachment for rudder pedals so when flying straight vertical my feet didn't touch the pedals and flying down I was being pushed into them. After a few trips to the hardware store I made an attachment for the pedals. Just regular flight is awsome, dogfights are crazy. Landing is cool you can feel what wheel hits first, and crashes where you skip across the ground damn near throw you from the chair. When combined with bass shakers the immersion is unparalleled 

20200316_090228.jpg

Have almost the same setup, same pedals, and all almost the same controls by Vitaly, joystick with extensions Virpil

Do you use Simshaker? Highly recommend it, I have it with two Buttkickers, one on the stick, one on the seat.

Very immersive.

Here is a discount code 20% off for Buttkicker.

https://thebuttkicker.com/reward?aic=652B4PG&utm_source=referralcandy&utm_medium=direct

29 minutes ago, [TWB]kmac31 said:

20200316_090228.jpg

So did you mount pedals and stick to the seat so they all move together?  Wow!

3 hours ago, [TWB]kmac31 said:

20200316_090228.jpg

Ready to buy,  please elaborate on the details for mounting the Hotas and pedals onto the chair.

Are you using the mini-buttkicker?    I tried to use the larger unit in my second floor flight room and it vibrated and made so much noise the wife gave me

the ultimate threat  (its either me or that thing).

I have to bass shakers installed on the back of the seat and used u bolts and some sturdy cedar boards to mount the pedals to the seat. I moved the seat all the way back and attached the bass shakers to the board to try and counter balance the pedals.

20200316_144441.jpg

20200316_144509.jpg

20200316_144425.jpg

• Like 1

Set up for racing atm with traction loss is a spin out will get the slaw pedals and virpil on there soon during my lockdown 

20190924_083908-1008x756.jpg

On 3/13/2020 at 12:22 PM, SCG_motoadve said:

Does  the motion cancellation works with Windows Mixed Reality headsets like HP reverb or Odyssey ?

Yes, it works with Windows mixed reality, but you must be playing a  steamvr game 

Built mine just over a year ago, added motion last year.  I'm going to add the tracktion plus platform next year.. 

CHairHmd1.jpg

CHair2.jpg