Kataphrakt

What sensitivity settings do you use?

I've always had trouble in every flight sim trying to get accurate gunnery. I suspect this might be down to sensitivity settings in each game. I had attempted to use around 14% on the in-game sliders but think i was finding some issues with the non-linearity of it (where i'd pull back just a bit more and suddenly move the control surfaces a lot more). In case it matters to anyone, I'm running an X52 pro and CH pedals. What sensitivity settings in game or out of game do you all use? 

I used zero sensitivity for all axes up until recently. I was feeling that something was not right about the aircraft behavior. They were too wobbly and jerky. This was especially pronounced in VR. Even the slightest movement of a stick or rudder pedals was very noticeable. I watched a lot of videos of real aircraft and I noticed that they don't react that fast, they have a lot of inertia. So I decided to tweak sensitivity settings. I set 85% for pitch, about 40% for roll and 100% for rudder. Now it feels way more realistic, as if the plane actually has some weight and it's not an RC model.

I must add that those settings are working fine for Baur's flight stick and rudder pedals. Other controllers might need different settings. 

Edited by Arthur-A

22 hours ago, Leon_Portier said:

For my Ravcore Javelin, I use 25% Sensitivity for elevator, 20% for rolling and 35% for Rudder.

Thanks Leon, these controls make a massive difference!

On my Pitch and Roll with my Gunfighter Mk III Pro L which has 200mm extension, I use 0 on sensitivity for both axis.

For Yaw axis, I use 10% sensitivity with my Crosswind Pedals.

Quick question chaps, are these the ingame sensitivity settings? If so how are you managing to get settings such as 35%, my ingame sensitivity settings only increase/decrease in 2% increments?

5 minutes ago, fubar_2_niner said:

Quick question chaps, are these the ingame sensitivity settings? If so how are you managing to get settings such as 35%, my ingame sensitivity settings only increase/decrease in 2% increments?

I think you confound the sensitivity in the game's configuration you find under "Input devices" - this is the sensitivity to mitigate the "spikes" of your devices in general.

To set the sensitivity of your input devices, you have to go into "key mapping" where you assign your axis as you need/like. In the very same line, you will see an icon

with a grid/curve on the right left hand side. Click on this icon and you will get into a sub-option where you can refine your axis settings and actually see the movement

of your axis itself. It looks like this:

Capture5.thumb.PNG.2575886247812acafa38f44fe2558b52.PNG

And here you can modify the sensitivity from 0% to 100%.

Cheers

1 minute ago, -=-THERION said:

I think you confound the sensitivity in the game's configuration you find under "Input devices" - this is the sensitivity to mitigate the "spikes" of your devices in general.

To set the sensitivity of your input devices, you have to go into "key mapping" where you assign your axis as you need/like. In the very same line, you will see an icon

with a grid/curve on the right left hand side. Click on this icon and you will get into a sub-option where you can refine your axis settings and actually see the movement

of your axis itself. It looks like this:

Capture5.thumb.PNG.2575886247812acafa38f44fe2558b52.PNG

And here you can modify the sensitivity from 0% to 100%.

Cheers

Hi THERION,

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes that is exactly where I am looking, but like I say it only increases/decreases in 2% increments, wierd!

Just now, fubar_2_niner said:

Hi THERION,

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes that is exactly where I am looking, but like I say it only increases/decreases in 2% increments, wierd!

Yes, the single steps may be in 2% increments, but you can actually drag the white line with your mouse for larger increments. If you only

click on those two arrows, then yes, the white line will only move by 2% increments.

• Thanks 1

Just now, -=-THERION said:

Yes, the single steps may be in 2% increments, but you can actually drag the white line with your mouse for larger increments. If you only

click on those two arrows, then yes, the white line will only move by 2% increments.

Thank you very much for the clarification mate 👍

12 hours ago, fubar_2_niner said:

Thank you very much for the clarification mate 👍

You're welcome - and if some chap has a wierd number like 35% then it's likely that they did it right away in the device files manually with the notepad.

That would be the only explanation for that.

Edited by -=-THERION
  • Upvote 1

I use about 70% pitch and 50% roll.

If you find that you are "fluffling" alot of easy kills because of jerky gunsight movement, try upping the sensitivities for pitch and roll. 

I have a Thrustmaster T16000M

• Like 1

I use 64% for both pitch and roll, have 84% sensitivity on the yaw input. Using a TM warthog with 7cm extension and MFG Crosswind pedals.

• Like 1