Is possible to change the cockpit "girl" photo?

Hello everyone! 

First of all I dont know if this is the correct forum to ask it. as you can see I dont have a lot of messages here...

If im wrong please just say me and I will post it in other forum.

QUESTION: I saw that in the cockpit, you have your wife's photo. I would like to know if I can change it with a personal photo or something like that. 

Thank you so much and again sorry if isnt the correct place for my question.

Have a great day guys!

• Upvote 2

Yes, you can change the photo. However you can only have one photo available per aircraft.

To add a custom photo to your airplane or tank cockpit you should replace existing default DDS image by another one in:

(game_folder)\data\graphics\planes\(airplane_folder)\textures\custom_photo.dds

BTW I created several packs of cockpit photos:

9 minutes ago, HBPencil said:

Yes, you can change the photo. However you can only have one photo available per aircraft.

To add a custom photo to your airplane or tank cockpit you should replace existing default DDS image by another one in:

(game_folder)\data\graphics\planes\(airplane_folder)\textures\custom_photo.dds

BTW I created several packs of cockpit photos:

Thank for your answer! So I have a photo, I have to conver it to DDs archive and then? I have to resize it to a special size?

5 hours ago, desertorSP said:

Thank for your answer! So I have a photo, I have to conver it to DDs archive and then? I have to resize it to a special size?

It's the other way around. In any gfx editing program You have to trim your photo to rectangular shape of certain proportions, then create a square, 1024x1024 file with your photo pasted on the left of it, the rest left blank. Then, using either your program, or one of online converters, you have to convert it to .dds, preferably with DXT5 compression with mip maps.

More on the subject here:

I have a neat trick that I use in multiplayer servers. Basically, you can use the photo to your advantage in an extreme way. Its almost cheating. Most people haven't clued in about it.

I made my photo a large number 6. Now, I can check my six without even moving my head! Best to use it now before it catches on and everyone starts doing it. 

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

I have a neat trick that I use in multiplayer servers. Basically, you can use the photo to your advantage in an extreme way. Its almost cheating. Most people haven't clued in about it.

I made my photo a large number 6. Now, I can check my six without even moving my head! Best to use it now before it catches on and everyone starts doing it. 

1226614411_badumtssssh.jpg.d9cc220d3ed440962a8b81a68ce0a63d.jpg

If no one else bites I'd be happy to convert that to a cockpit photo when I get home, but would recommend taking the picture down and sending in a PM, also getting the finished product in a PM, unless you want a bunch of guys here to have that photo in their plane also.  Not that there's anything wrong with it (and maybe too late now anyway), just on behalf of the nice young lady! 

If HBPencil's work isn't enough, you other guys can go check out my 100+ cockpit girlie photo photo package in the Skins section, page 3...

Edited by =[TIA]=Stoopy
2 hours ago, desertorSP said:

Aside of the joke... could you help me? Im trying to follow the video intructions but something is wrong...

I dont care about the details, I just want the photo in the cockpit haha

168A90AC-3D53-11EA-B737-1698C2ECB565.jpg

Noo, the photo in the last post

You must love your sister a lot🤣

• Haha 2
12 hours ago, HeavyCavalrySgt said:

Did you make the V speed card, or did you find it somewhere?

I made that one its not the "Factory Specs" or SOP's 
But its the V speeds and Procs that TBAS my Squad Uses for the BF110. 

Here is the Raw File currently in Use.
It needs to be Resized a little to fit properly, also i made it grey and game makes it White.  
Needs some work but i have not got around to it as i don't know how.
.PNG format will also need to be saved as correct .DDS format. 

DO NOT USE THIS FOR 110 E2
(Death and injury from mis use of this chart on that POS is you own silly fault) 
110-G2-speed-chart-Final.png

Edited by =TBAS=Sschatten14
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On 1/22/2020 at 2:31 PM, RedKestrel said:

I wonder what kind of photo you would be forced to pin up there, if the more common parlance was "check your rear"... or "check your behind".

Edited by danielprates
2 minutes ago, danielprates said:

I wonder what kind of photo you would be forced to pin up there, if the more common parlance was "check your rear"... or "check your behind".

I guess something like this?!?

tailfeathers.jpg.700192fcb6a5fe769fc64a5cf62ed138.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, RedKestrel said:
  5 hours ago, danielprates said:

I guess something like this?!?

tailfeathers.jpg.700192fcb6a5fe769fc64a5cf62ed138.jpg

I was thinking more along the lines of something like this...

CustomPhoto_CheckSix.gif