Sign in to follow this  
Bo_Nidle

Anyone else getting this update bug on the Mustang?

Checked the Mustang after the latest 4.004 update and was horrified to find this!!!

It affects all the Mustang skins and only the Mustang skins, both custom and official.

Its also visible in the model viewer.

Please tell me I'm not alone?

2020_1_22__0_13_48.jpg

Image1.jpg

Hi

I have the same issue.

I report with your post on "Technical Issues and Bug Reports \ Graphics, models and maps" thread.

Edited by silvergun

I appear to have sorted it out.

I did not do a restart on my PC after the update installed.

I have restarted my PC and the issue is gone.

However it does show for a second as you change skins in the hangar before disappearing again.

Hope that helps.

can confirm, happened to me too. closed the game, loaded back up, and it was gone. hope it stays that way :)

I flew for a couple of hours last night just trying different seasons of the BOBP map. After several times, the graphic bug Bo_Nidle mentions popped up. After the reboot it was gone as others mentioned. I'm not sure what the issue would be to cause it. Maybe a memory drain? I really didn't try out any other planes to see if it's only the Mustang. The AI flown FW-190A8 I was flying against did not show the anomaly.

same here too!

Followed your suggestion and its gone!

13 hours ago, Bo_Nidle said:

Checked the Mustang after the latest 4.004 update and was horrified to find this!!!

Image1.jpg

@Bo_Nidle  thanks for the fix of this graphic bug. It worked for me too.

108_photo.thumb.jpg.6c804a973506861e4f77a64a7a6bf691.jpg

By the way, searching in the .gtp files, I found some interestings files confirming the drop tanks are coming, as recently announced by Jason !

U.S. 75 and 108 Gallon and Luftwaffe 300 l. drop tanks skins below:

Drop_tank_75Gal.thumb.jpg.345e473ded98d185db4cc776175b5167.jpg Drop_tank_108Gal.thumb.jpg.00a144e75599b60f651d9f850007b00c.jpg  Drop_tank_300l.thumb.jpg.9adc78d152166eedf34f8e3b77af72bf.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

You're welcome Pierre64.

Really pleased to see drop tanks on the way.

A Mustang always looks more "complete" with them.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Bo_Nidle said:

It affects all the Mustang skins and only the Mustang skins, both custom and official.

Its also visible in the model viewer.

Please tell me I'm not alone?

2020_1_22__0_13_48.jpg

Image1.jpg

Just set up a QMB with the P-51.  This was also visible on all Mustang skins (I don't have any mods) in the loadout hangar screen.  

My computer has been restarted since the update, so that doesn't fix it for me.  

edit:  

I spoke too soon.  Just re-created the QMB scenario after leaving the game to post this and it seems to have fixed itself.   

If the issue comes back, will post.  

2nd edit:  

If I scroll through paintjob options in the hangar screen, the bug will flash in-between skin changes.  

Edited by Mobile_BBQ

2 hours ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

If I scroll through paintjob options in the hangar screen, the bug will flash in-between skin changes.  

In the viewer too.

For an unknown  reason (to me ;)), only on some P-51D skins, there is an "interference" on the wings upper surfaces with the internal structures (p51d15na_2.dds).

1) no graphic bug with "Lollipoop" :

Lollipoop.thumb.jpg.b64cb33017a5cf9506489efd49a30f27.jpg

2) graphic bug with B7-U of 361st Fighter Group :

B7-U.thumb.jpg.2f6d4d3fe89dca83eb9ff8ec49ed42e9.jpg

3) Internals seen through a "transparent skin" (any skin with a pure black alpha layer) :

Internals.thumb.jpg.7706b969984b1693646745679d912903.jpg

Maybe can we hope soon an hotfix patch from the developers ?

Strange for sure. I was just flying the P-51, and I could see this on my plane and my wingman's plane. He did not see this at all from his views.

Update: Just checked using the viewer and everything was fine. Loaded up a QMB, and then an MP mission, and all was fine. However, I did notice If I scroll through paint job options in the hangar screen, the bug will flash in-between skin changes. Just as Mobile_BBQ was seeing.

Edited by No_85_Gramps

I also saw this and was just about to point this out too. I have, however downloaded loads of custom skins from szelljr's skin deposit, none of which have this. I am away to inspect my official skins and will report back.

EDIT: Yep, as others have said. Gone now but they momentarily flash up in the setup hangar, and are no longer permanent. Well done to the devs for rectifying this quickly.

Edited by Reggie_Mental

I had it for one moment after the last update.

Then I exited the game to watch it in the Viewer... it saw normal...

When I opened the game again, the issue was gone.

20191102212452_1.jpg.04becb2be0069be44c67170e9ad569fd.jpg

Edited by Skywarp

Been wondering why that was there. Has been there from day one. In fact still there, course I'm no computer whiz either.

Edited by Knarley-Bob

It comes and goes, don‘t know why. Sometimes restarting the game gets rid of this skin bug, sometimes even multiple restarts of the game don‘t fix it. Weird.

I ran into this for the first time today (March 1st 2020). It happened after I had been playing several other graphic intensive games. So I think it may be a graphic card memory issue. I rebooted and was disappointed to see that the problem persisted on the p-51 in the hanger. However, when I played a quick mission, the issue was gone, and then the glitch vanished from the hanger p-51 as well.