Andre

SimShaker - Wings support thread for IL-2 users

I agree, but I still have no generic effects generator yet.

Guys, SimShaker - Wings beta v.1.38 is published.
New in this version:

• Added "Update" section to SimShaker - Wings Launcher GUI;
  • Added Belly Landing portion to Ground Bumps effect for IL-2 GB;
  • Fixed (I hope) Engine Shake effect bug for IL-2 GB.

Let's give it a shot!

Edited by Andre
  • Thanks 9

4 hours ago, Andre said:

Hi @SR603-McMurdo,

Yes, you can. I will send the key to email address registered in my e-shop, it may be different from PayPal account.

yea outsource that's ambitious but i was just suggesting like a setting with slightly modified wav files. some of my friends are having issues with home made buttshakers and i have been sending out modified wav files but i dont really know what im doing :). might help in the long run

I have no home made buttshakers neither :)

5 hours ago, Andre said:

Will it update automatically or one we,shall download ?? 🤔

Aaaaaah , i got IT downloaded ...sorry 🥴😁

7 hours ago, Andre said:

Fixed (I hope) Engine Shake effect bug for IL-2 GB

Which one ?

5 minutes ago, Habu said:

Which one ?

Ok, thank you.

Andre, can you add the version of the software in the file we download.

Edited by Habu

On 2/22/2020 at 11:20 PM, Habu said:

Ok, thank you.

Andre, can you add the version of the software in the file we download.

What file?

On 2/22/2020 at 6:38 AM, Andre said:

I agree, but I still have no generic effects generator yet.

New in this version:

• Added "Update" section to SimShaker - Wings Launcher GUI;
  • Added Belly Landing portion to Ground Bumps effect for IL-2 GB;
  • Fixed (I hope) Engine Shake effect bug for IL-2 GB.

Let's give it a shot!

thank you for the update, @Andre.

I've tested it out yesterday and the pre-flight shaking is gone now. Hopefully it's solved for all use cases.

cheers!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Andre said:

What file?

The setup of simshaker wings / wheel.

Andre, i can't find the beta version on your website. I saw the news on the blog, but on the download page i see only the release of the public version.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Habu said:

Andre, i can't find the beta version on your website. I saw the news on the blog, but on the download page i see only the release of the public version.

Bottom of this page:

https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.com/p/simshaker-wings-user-guide.html

Under the section called Beta Version Installation

31 minutes ago, Habu said:

In the current MS ClickOnce-based implementation setup file is the same for all versions, the latest version files are on the web server, not in the setup file.

But I'm going to stop using ClickOnce soon.

Hi @Andre,

Do you advise any configuration for the buttkicker gamer 2? Doing a barrel roll seems like a massage or a dubstep concert 😄 . I have felt the gun vibration last more than expected

Regards

Edited by E69_Qpassa_VR

Hi @E69_Qpassa_VR,

please try to disable Pitch and Roll Motion FX at the second tab.

Andre, now that you support IL2 Great Battles, Im ready to buy (another) Jetseat and Wings software. Are you using the same vibration motors used in the older seat I bought a few years ago? How long would it take to arrive here in Las Vegas?  Do you have an option for customers to pay a fee to expedite the purchase?

Edited by Blasterlasvideo

3 hours ago, Blasterlasvideo said:

Andre, now that you support IL2 Great Battles, Im ready to buy (another) Jetseat and Wings software. Are you using the same vibration motors used in the older seat I bought a few years ago? How long would it take to arrive here in Las Vegas?  Do you have an option for customers to pay a fee to expedite the purchase?

Hi Blasterlasvideo,

Now I use better motors.

Currently it takes me about 6 weeks from the order date to produce and ship FSE unit. Delivery time itself may be vary, that's mostly out of my control.

I have no such an option.

1 hour ago, Andre said:

Hi Blasterlasvideo,

Now I use better motors.

Currently it takes me about 6 weeks from the order date to produce and ship FSE unit. Delivery time itself may be vary, that's mostly out of my control.

I have no such an option.

Great! I will place my order.

It has been placed.

I found your Blog / Simshaker page and downloaded the Wings installer

I am using it with the Great Battles series ( Jason Williams). Is there any other stuff I need to do or download? Or do I just install Wings. plug in Jet seat when it gets here,  as before (USB) and fly away.

Edited by Blasterlasvideo
  • Thanks 1

Yes, assuming that you already have Gametrix Control Panel software installed,  I think SimShaker - Wings will be enough in your case.

I've emailed the key.

I  am on a new computer so I dont have the Gametrix Control Panel . Is it OK to install it after installing Wings? Or is there a particular order of installation that is needed?

I havent received your email with the key. Ive also checked spam folder. The only emails Ive got from you are the ones you sent yesterday which are the receipts for the purchases I made. No key.

Thank you for the feedback. I've resent the email.

It's fine to install Gametrix Control Panel either after or before installing Wings. No difference.

Hey Andre, does tha auto updater also update the sound effect files or do these need to be updated seperately?

Hi ACG_crane,

yes, auto updater also updates the sound effect files, except files in the "Customized" folder if you put there any files.

Hi Guys,

I tried getting Wings working with IL2 and I could only get the buttkicker to work no ingame sounds where working.. I was able to get Simshaker working on DCS so I dont thinbk it is a config issue but maybe it is..

I saw the sticky here it states I need to purchase both copies of Wings to get it working ?? did I read that right.. here are my specs:

1. Intel i5 7600k

2. MSI Z270 SLI Motherboard.

3. Asus 1080GTX.

4. Corsair DDR4 32gb.

5. Odyssey plus VR Headset. used for ingame sounds USB Headset

6. thrustmaster cougar.

7. Buttkicker Simulation.

8. SoundBlaster Z used for buttkicker.

Now like I was saying I get the Buttkicker effects just no ingame sound in IL2 GB??

Edited by The_Nephilim
added statement.

had that happen once or twice too. Try starting sim shaker after you started il2. that fixed it for me.

12 hours ago, The_Nephilim said:

Hi Guys,

I tried getting Wings working with IL2 and I could only get the buttkicker to work no ingame sounds where working.. I was able to get Simshaker working on DCS so I dont thinbk it is a config issue but maybe it is..

I saw the sticky here it states I need to purchase both copies of Wings to get it working ?? did I read that right.. here are my specs:

1. Intel i5 7600k

2. MSI Z270 SLI Motherboard.

3. Asus 1080GTX.

4. Corsair DDR4 32gb.

5. Odyssey plus VR Headset. used for ingame sounds USB Headset

6. thrustmaster cougar.

7. Buttkicker Simulation.

8. SoundBlaster Z used for buttkicker.

Now like I was saying I get the Buttkicker effects just no ingame sound in IL2 GB??

Turns out I was totally misconfigured with Voicemeeter and the Simshaker software.. I set the buttkicker device as my Sound Blaster Z soundcard and set Voicemeeter as A1 Soundcard and A2 as USB Audio for my odyssey.. it worked great.. at least it works know so maybe I will buy it depends if I can get the other friends to get it as well.. thnx for the help

Posted (edited)

SimShaker - Wings beta v.2.0 available for download

Hi guys,
this version features a more convenient installer instead of Microsoft ClickOnce deployment technology, which finally I've decided to stop using. You can download the new version following by this link.
You may want to uninstall beta version 1.38 to avoid a confusion between two instances of beta SimShaker - Wings, since the previous version will not be replaced automatically this time. You can uninstall it manually before (or after) installation of the new version.
Happy flying!

Edited by Andre
  • Thanks 4

Quick question, does the situation in China affect production, and do you notify the buyer when you have a dispatch date?

Production of what?

On 3/2/2020 at 3:03 PM, Andre said:

SimShaker - Wings beta v.2.0 available for download

Hi guys,
this version features a more convenient installer instead of Microsoft ClickOnce deployment technology, which finally I've decided to stop using. You can download the new version following by this link.
You may want to uninstall beta version 1.38 to avoid a confusion between two instances of beta SimShaker - Wings, since the previous version will not be replaced automatically this time. You can uninstall it manually before (or after) installation of the new version.
Happy flying!

Hi André
It seems to me that this version adds the vibration bug between missions.

I often have unexplained vibrations, while I'm flat under autopilot

Am I the only one ?

44 minutes ago, Andre said:

Production of what?

Your seats :)

16 minutes ago, DD_Crash said:

Your seats :)

Currently it doesn't.

Once the unit is shipped I provide the customer with tracking ID.

44 minutes ago, -IRRE-Axurit said:

Hi André
It seems to me that this version adds the vibration bug between missions.

I often have unexplained vibrations, while I'm flat under autopilot

Am I the only one ?

The application and the effects stay the same. The installer has been changed.

22 minutes ago, RhumbaAzul said:

@Andre...when trying to activate Sim Shaker wings it asks for a login above the key activation, what do i use for the login? Just reinstalled windows and can't remember the process for activation.

Andre sends you an email after purchase  of Simshaker Wings with that information. Both a logon name and a key.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Blasterlasvideo said:

Andre sends you an email after purchase  of Simshaker Wings with that information. Both a logon name and a key.

Thanks, i had deleted the email with that info. Andre quickly took care of me though.

• Upvote 1

Hi I have just updated to version 2.2 which I believe is a beta, I have come from from the stable version 1.38.

Using a Butt Kicker v2 it seems that this version all the effects sliders don't make any difference, the only slider that makes any difference is the engine slider I used to run the engine at 30% and most other effects around 70%, Im struggling to feel the guns now and flaps and gear and other effects they are all very muted and the slider doesn't make any changes.

I tried to go back to 1.38 but the setup link now only takes you to 2.2, anyone else ??

1 hour ago, Andre said:

Thank you for the feedback. Sounds strange though, since the app itself wasn't changed.

Version 1.38 is still available by this link http://simshaker.azurewebsites.net/downloads/SimShaker-Wings_release_clickonce_setup.zip

Thanks Andre Ill revert back to 1.38 and compare my slider settings for both, ill offer some feed back here if you want it.

Cheers