Andre

SimShaker - Wings support thread for IL-2 users

2 hours ago, spitfirejoe said:

Thanks pfrances,

I got it now......I checked the TICK MARK "IL-2 UDP Retransmission" and changed the "Destination Port" number from default 29999 to 4321 and hit "Check and Save"

I also changed the startup.cfg file to the following.......

[KEY = motiondevice]
      addr = "127.0.0.1"
      decimation = 2
      enable = true
      port = 4321
[END]

now both works, my motion rig and shaking, thanks for the help!

Most excellent.

I'm new to this but recalled seeing that setting while looking around so figured it might help you out with your question

Motion rig is next on my list. Designing/building a DIY 6DOF rig but preparing for an impending addition to my family is slowing me up a bit...... One day.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, spitfirejoe said:

To be honest....the Sim Shaking by Andre is really amazing. My motion rig is optimized for Sim Racing and not for flying. My Hyperaxis actuators can move only 100mm, which is enough for racing, but not enough for flying, especially not when you do aerobatics with high pitch and bank angles. For flying there are better motion rigs available than I have.

Back to topic Sim Shaking Wings.......I would request @Andre that we get maybe less "power output" of your software, as stated before, my Buttkicker is shaking very strong with only 2% "Engine Shake" and crazy as hell with only 1% of "Damage", when I get shot my chair nearly explodes, so strong is the effect, I wish I could fine tune betterall effects better for my Buttkicker, but less than 1% is 0%, not the best option.

It was very high for me too (custom shaker setup with amp) but I used Voicemeeter to reduce output by about 10db, which seems to work well.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Alonzo said:

It was very high for me too (custom shaker setup with amp) but I used Voicemeeter to reduce output by about 10db, which seems to work well.

Ok thanks very much, I will try that.

27 minutes ago, Alonzo said:

My setup is powered by a car audio amplifier so I just turn the volume down 😛

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SCG_motoadve said:

Please dont reduce the output Andre.

Everyone can reduce it at the Buttkicker console.

You can also use the volume control on whatever the ButtKicker is plugged into. Mine is connected to my computer (onboard sound/motherboard). The volume for this can be adjusted by the desktop volume control. I can make the ButtKicker more or less intense by raising or lowering the volume. Obviously, you can also individually adjust your headphone/speaker volume the same way on whatever device you are using for the audio portion of the sound. 

• Like 1

Hmm, running into issues now. I'm trying to get this to work now with my base shaker and I get the following error over and over in the log "Wrong telemetry packet_ID" I've added the prerequisite:

[KEY = motiondevice]
    addr = "127.0.0.1"
    decimation = 2
    enable = true
    port = 29373
[END]
[KEY = telemetrydevice]
    addr = "127.0.0.1"
    decimation = 2
    enable = true
    port = 29373
[END]

. . . .to the startup.cfg but am having no joy :(

I've purchased Simshaker wings and the options add-on but am unsure how I confirm that the add-on has been implemented 

Edited by pfrances

pfrances, you did alter the startup.cfg correctly. Do you use 1 or 2 Bass Shakers? Where did you connect it, which channel of your soundcard? 

If you use only 1 Bass Shaker, you must use the "Mono ( 1 Bass Shaker )" Option in the Software and connect it to the green channel of your soundcard. NOT the Center/Subwoofer channel ( I did that mistake at the beginning while setting up everything ).

The Option add-on did work automatically, I also don´t know where to check for that.

Edited by spitfirejoe

14 hours ago, chiliwili69 said:

Just for clarification, how we should call it "JetSeat" or "JetPad"?

Those names confused me when ordering, but there is only one single hardware to buy it in your web. In the images I read JetPad, but people is using Jetseat wording. Maybe it was a previous name.

Good question.

I hope  that offering a vibrating pad under SimShaker brand is another step forward for me.

As you may know original Gametrix JetSeat 6 - 8 motors units are sold out and not produced any more (although I still can provide a few upgraded/refurbished JetSeat units on demand).

But to meet my customers demand I still was able to make pads with Gametrix electronics "inside" and some improvements. Down the line I realized that since I had to use more and more my own materials and design it actually has turned into a different much-in-demand unit, based on Gametrix controller and some Gametrix parts. Finally I've dared to rename my offering to SimShaker JetPad FSE (powered by Gametrix). FSE stands for Flight Sim Edition. That's the unit I'm going to keep producing and developing.

So, until SimShaker JetPad comes along with Gametrix controller there is no difference between Gametrix JetSeat and SimShaker JetPad in functionality. The main difference is in the pad design, color and shape. I think if we keep calling it "JetSeat" in some cases (for generalization sake) it will not make a lot of confusion.

6 hours ago, pfrances said:

Hmm, running into issues now. I'm trying to get this to work now with my base shaker and I get the following error over and over in the log "Wrong telemetry packet_ID" I've added the prerequisite:

[KEY = motiondevice]
    addr = "127.0.0.1"
    decimation = 2
    enable = true
    port = 29373
[END]
[KEY = telemetrydevice]
    addr = "127.0.0.1"
    decimation = 2
    enable = true
    port = 29373
[END]

. . . .to the startup.cfg but am having no joy :(

I've purchased Simshaker wings and the options add-on but am unsure how I confirm that the add-on has been implemented 

Looks like you are using "wrong" SimShaker - Wings version (wrong in IL-2 context ). Please pay attention to my topic starting post.

11 hours ago, spitfirejoe said:

Thanks pfrances,

I got it now......I checked the TICK MARK "IL-2 UDP Retransmission" and changed the "Destination Port" number from default 29999 to 4321 and hit "Check and Save"

I also changed the startup.cfg file to the following.......

[KEY = motiondevice]
      addr = "127.0.0.1"
      decimation = 2
      enable = true
      port = 4321
[END]

now both works, my motion rig and shaking, thanks for the help!

I think actually works this part

[KEY = motiondevice]
      addr = "127.0.0.1"
      decimation = 2
      enable = true
      port = 4321
[END]

since SimShaker - Wings simply do not receive any motiondevice packets from IL-2 any more and has nothing to retransmit.

Edited by Andre

Where can you buy the jetseat?

im living in Spain ,EU

Edited by Ala13_UnopaUno_VR

7 hours ago, Andre said:

Looks like you are using "wrong" SimShaker - Wings version (wrong in IL-2 context ). Please pay attention to my topic starting post.

OK, please bare with me...

Smart.png.a2580ac224ded9b19732cb3d16f885dc.png

Reading through all the posts and the blog on Andre's site, I understand that I need version beta 1.36 to support this sim. Is that right?

Every download link I find gives me version 1.27

I've even tried this...

image.png.65c73e914d83876df7b0968ee3c40daf.png

...still 1.27

I thought I knew how to internet but I cannot find a way to download the version 1.36.

Thanks to whomever can help me out

The beta version 1.36 is a different download file, you can find at the bottom of his blog webpage.

Its at the bottom if this webpage, where it says Beta version, and at the end of the paragraph it says Here with a link.

https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.com/p/simshaker-wings-user-guide.html

I paste you here the link ,directly clicking on this should download the beta installer for you.

http://simshaker.azurewebsites.net/downloads/SimShaker-Wings_beta_clickonce_setup.zip

The beta version is different from the one you have installed, so I would uninstall the one you have completely and then install the link I linked you, so you don't have 2 different installations of Simshaker, which will lead to even more confussion.

Hope this helps!

Have a nice friday

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, hayraddin said:

The beta version 1.36 is a different download file, you can find at the bottom of his blog webpage.

Its at the bottom if this webpage, where it says Beta version, and at the end of the paragraph it says Here with a link.

I paste you here the link ,directly clicking on this should download the beta installer for you.

http://simshaker.azurewebsites.net/downloads/SimShaker-Wings_beta_clickonce_setup.zip

The beta version is different from the one you have installed, so I would uninstall the one you have completely and then install the link I linked you, so you don't have 2 different installations of Simshaker, which will lead to even more confussion.

Hope this helps!

Have a nice friday

Awe frig yeh!! 😍😍

1.27 removed and 1.37 installed successfully, thank you so much!

I'm doing all of this from work via remote desktop 😈 (priorities FTW). Can't wait to get home and give it a go.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hayraddin said:

Hope this helps!

Have a nice friday

Took me about 15 minutes to find the Beta download page and that was even having sourced the Beta once before🤣It's not exactly easy to find. Maybe attach a link in the original post @Andre ?

I've just bought a jetpad. I've received an email in Russian... How long will it take to arrive in Spain?

4 minutes ago, Sakivano said:

've just bought a jetpad. I've received an email in Russian... How long will it take to arrive in Spain?

12-14 Weeks from order date 

8438AD75-A5D4-4BBD-AE65-A9EDB6C43F58.png

A little bit more.

I ordered it on 24/01/2020 and in the mail with the licence of the software, i have the delivery date which said before April 18.

Edited by Habu

49 minutes ago, Habu said:

A little bit more.

I ordered it on 24/01/2020 and in the mail with the licence of the software, i have the delivery date which said before April 18.

Shipping date, but not delivery. Delivery date is out of my control and depends on selected shipping option.

Hmm.. Are you that French guy I still can't get the phone number from for express delivery? I'm afraid shipping may be delayed if I will still miss the number.

18 hours ago, RhumbaAzul said:

Took me about 15 minutes to find the Beta download page and that was even having sourced the Beta once before🤣It's not exactly easy to find. Maybe attach a link in the original post @Andre ?

Thank you for the feedback.

Was it really hard to get to the bottom of the User Guide following by the given link? A quest for potential beta testers :)

Well, I think there is no need of using beta version for most of the users anymore since version 1.37 is published as stable.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Andre said:

Shipping date, but not delivery. Delivery date is out of my control and depends on selected shipping option.

Hmm.. Are you that French guy I still can't get the phone number from for express delivery? I'm afraid shipping may be delayed if I will still miss the number.

Yes your right about shiping which is not delivery. my bad. 😕

I don't know, did you send a message about that ?

Where can i check ?

Yes, I did send requests by email twice.

• Thanks 1

I didn't receive anything. I send you an MP with my email which i used for the order.

• Thanks 1

Version 1.37 stable 😀 

Great stuff.  Downloaded and working fine.  Many thanks Andre.  A happy and long worked for day for you I think, so many congratulations.

I have SimShaker-Wings working with my Gametrix 908 Jetseat and it is brilliant!  Together with my VR headset, force feedback joystick (MSFF2) and vibrating earphones I now have the best flight simulation experience that I have ever had :) 

Happy landings,

Talisman

• Thanks 1

Andre,

One thing perhaps for the future, would it be possible to provide feedback for emergency 'belly' landing with no wheels, so that the bumping along the ground can be felt until the aircraft comes to a stop?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, 56RAF_Talisman said:

Andre,

One thing perhaps for the future, would it be possible to provide feedback for emergency 'belly' landing with no wheels, so that the bumping along the ground can be felt until the aircraft comes to a stop?

Yes, I think we will add that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, Andre said:

Yes, I think we will add that.

Thanks , that would be awesome.

On 2/4/2020 at 11:35 PM, Andre said:

@OCA_LoneStar May I see screenshots of all your SimShaker - Wings tabs with settings (except Credits)?

Andre

I solved both problems. Posted I made on Tuesday,  February 4 has been edited to explain the the resolution. Might help others that encounter the same problem.

Edited by OCA_LoneStar
  • Like 1

Thanks Andre for helping me get setup today.  (My account is different from my in game name).  I had to purchase the bass shaker add-on as I'm just using the buttkicker.  Tested via "test" button after activating the software, and I'm stoked to try tonight after work.  I will post my feedback.  Thanks again!

• Thanks 1

1.37 is very good for external shakers (non jet seat users) and the issues with effects happening in menus and after landing (cough crashing)  ect seems to be fixed so thanks for that Andre.  

I agree an overall volume / output slider would be a nice thing to have but the software is polished enough at this point that I am comfortable making a video to review the software and go over the settings for non jet seat users.   Compared to other tactile programs its very easy to use so probably not a huge value add but it never hurts to have a resource who has been messing with tactile feedback stuff for over 2 years.   I will try to work on this over this coming weekend.  Really loving SSW and would never fly with out it.  

Edited by capt_nasties
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just baught Wings + Soundmodule yesterday. Works great - i already love it. Thanks Andre :dance:

• Thanks 1

I really feel Im a boomer  ...gosh  .....Tried everything   

I just cant figure out to get the buttkicker working  ..... I have sound in my earphones or I have rumblen on my bommy  in game .... and many ways the test button working 

but upstart the shaker is written : This is SimShaker-Wings main window
13:29:52.491 Warning 1f1-1, report to Andre
13:29:52.494 wxS4O7M/7FwK1jzC771oqvCP6F7ZkAna1cWxiuof+MCcoGG/c/bWlRLWfFzI5yp20hWJB7fITzlG02yCiniupUoIGJTrm4BnLvil5j4jN7w=
13:29:52.495 Warning 1f1-2, report to Andre
13:29:52.496 wxS4O7M/7FwK1jzC771oqvCP6F7ZkAna1cWxiuof+MCcoGG/c/bWlRLWfFzI5yp20hWJB7fITzlG02yCiniupUoIGJTrm4BnLvil5j4jN7w=
13:29:52.580 SimShaker-Wings | version 1.37

Those are not mission critical warnings.

If you will check "Run as Administrator" box at SimShaker - Wings Launcher I think they disappear.

Edited by Andre

Ok, so all set up here.  Still tweaking settings to get an optimal feel.  I'm enjoying the new feedback.  It really adds alot to the experience.  Thank you Andre.

• Like 1

And I am really a BOOMER .... Now it's working .....I have have used hours ....but I was sure i had put in il2 data , but I may had forgot to save .....so 

Now it's working .... Later I'll  fine tune - and my jetseat is now 

Volgograd ----------->khimki.................Denmark 

Thanx Herr Andre 

• Like 1

I was up very late last night checking out SimShaker-Wings with all the different aircraft in IL2 :)

It is like having a new sim, because SimShaker brings all the aircraft alive in a wonderfully new way.

I feel sorry for folks that don't have SimShaker, because it takes IL-2 up to a totally new level of immersion; fabulous with VR.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Hi, Andre, I purchased JetSeat SE from you for playing DCS about 3 years ago. I do love it.

It's really nice to have the native JetSeat support for IL-2 GB now. I have placed an order of  your SimShaker - Wing and look forward to trying it.

Please remember to email me the licence key. Thanks a lot!  😉

Hi AVX0,

all the keys are sent to date. Please check your spam folder if you can't see that.

• Like 1

Andre, thanks for the very quick provision of the license key to activate this, … literally within minutes of receipt of payment.

One quick point which is most likely an erroneous message rather than a genuine fault or failure to accept the key, but having copied and pasted in the license key to formally activate this software,  it came up with a message saying only four activations left rather than the anticipated confirmation message that the key had been accepted, or alternatively  some sort of notification that the key hadn't been accepted... 

Can I assume this limited number of activations relates to the free trial/demo?  I assume that having paid for simshaker wings and input the license key provided that  this software is available for me to use as often and how ever often I chose?

Cheers

HH

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, HappyHaddock said:

Andre, thanks for the very quick provision of the license key to activate this, … literally within minutes of receipt of payment.

One quick point which is most likely an erroneous message rather than a genuine fault or failure to accept the key, but having copied and pasted in the license key to formally activate this software,  it came up with a message saying only four activations left rather than the anticipated confirmation message that the key had been accepted, or alternatively  some sort of notification that the key hadn't been accepted... 

Can I assume this limited number of activations relates to the free trial/demo?  I assume that having paid for simshaker wings and input the license key provided that  this software is available for me to use as often and how ever often I chose?

Cheers

HH

Yes, I have the same concern. Especially since, for some reason, the SW has asked me a second time to activate even though I already did and now says 3 more activations....It's a bit troubling.