Andre

SimShaker - Wings support thread for IL-2 users

I have to say the Jetseat support in Il-2 with the latest Simshaker Wings is nothing short of stunning.  I am a strong advocate of using Force Feedback joystick and use a G940 stick despite also having a TM warthog stick.  For the first time ever, the Jetseat has made my force feedback joystick feel unnecessary.

Stalls

Engine

Bumpy ground

Flaps

Gear

Firing weapons

Taking damage

All of them have a presence that just increases the immersion massively.   Great work Andre and of course the devs for implementing this excellent addition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, -=-THERION said:

Hi,

assuming that you do not use motion platform, you only need the following entry in your startup.cfg file, which is:

[KEY = telemetrydevice]
    addr = "127.0.0.1"
    decimation = 2
    enable = true
    port = 29373
[END]

Nothing else. And you better update your SimShaker software to 1.35.... and if you don't have a licence key, you can try it first and then you will see,

that this piece of software is absolutely stunning. Finally you might be willing to buy a licence key. I did it this way last week and I really don't regret.

Cheers

I got it running finally! strangely I need this section in the conf.ini to run it.

[KEY = motiondevice]
    addr = "127.0.0.1"
    decimation = 2
    enable = true
    port = 29373
[END]

The "Telemetric" Section hasnt´t worked at all.

I hope it is allright now?

48 minutes ago, Andre said:

You are pointing him to a stable (release) version, which is 1.27 currently.

It´s working now. Great!

Is it of any sense to switch to teh beta version? I read somewhere, that are more effects are impelemnted. I guess there is a stable coming allong sometime in the Future?

Yes, much more effects added due to the "telemetrydevice" section. Stable version will be published in the nearest future.

3 minutes ago, Andre said:

Yes, much more effects added due to the "telemetrydevice" section. Stable version will be published in the nearest future.

Great!

Wings is ordered and payed. :)

I received a mail which I can´t read because it´s all in cyrrilic. I hope the Activation code is not hidden in this Mail?

Another Question? which is the correct section? the telemetric, or the Motion section? Because strangely it only works with the motion section in my case and not the telemetric section.

Edited by Blooddawn1942

3 minutes ago, Blooddawn1942 said:

I received a mail which I can´t read because it´s all in cyrrilic. I hope the Activation code is not hidden in this Mail?

No. That's just a receipt which is sent automatically accordingly to my legislation. I send my messages in English.

4 minutes ago, Blooddawn1942 said:

which is the correct section? the telemetric, or the Motion section? Because strangely it only works with the motion section in my case and not the telemetric section.

Both sections are correct.

There is nothing strange here. Version 1.27 is not aware of the "telemetrydevice" section. It can parse only the "motionplatform" section data.

Higher versions use both sections data.

• Like 1

I installed and activated the beta version. This is totally awesome. I missed this feature here in IL2 so dearely! Once You are used to it in DCS You don´t want to miss it. IL2 feels like something totaly new now!!!!!! :)

Edited by Blooddawn1942

hi, @Andre

Can you take a look at this behavior? Not sure if it's a bug with the telemetry flow from the game itself or with Sim Shaker implementation.

-  The SimShaker vibration starts when first connecting to the MP server. It starts even prior to selecting the aircraft, its load out, and the AF, before pressing the Start to start the mission.  MP server: Berloga (100% occurrence),  Wings of Liberty (occasional), Coconut servers (occasional)

-  The SimShaker vibration does not stop after existing flight via "Finish Mission". The vibration continues through the selection of the plane, load-out, AF.  MP Server:  Berloga (100%).

- If I disable Engine Beat option then the vibration is gone. So it's just that particular setting.

- this is for BASS-Shakers ONLY.   (not for JetSeat, I don't have such device) 

• Upvote 1

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. I will try to fix it in the next SimShaker - Wings version.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Andre said:

Please read here https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.com/2017/05/simshaker-wheels-beta-version-26.html

At what AC?

May I see a screenshot of your SimShaker - Wings settings?

Can you get any other effects?

Hi Andre,

i managed to solve the problem by re-wiring my setup. Now everything runs super fine and the effects are breathtaking! Thank you for your support! 🙂

• Like 1

Hey Andre! Still having crazy issues with Paypal and RUB for the software - like we did for the seat! :scratch_one-s_head:

Not sure if anyone here used paypal in the US? Is so - please chime in if you did something special. 

• Sad 1

Hi Andre

Thanks for this really excellent upgrade. I did a demo on the SimShaker Wings software and after about five minutes of flying with it purchased a key. For my simple system and tastes, SimShaker Wings adds another dimension to bass shaking and immersion that I previously had never felt. 

I’ve used Buttkicker for two years and have really enjoyed it and think it’s a good product. But I never felt as many individual sensations from it ( hits, flaps, gear, engine failures, explosions... until I starting using your product. It opens up a wider range and depth to the bass to give you a feeling of dimension and space. Add to this a MS Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 joystick and I get a sensation of being closer to the action, not just sitting at a computer but of being in battle, in a plane. 
Getting shot down, as I frequently do, has taken on a whole new meaning. 

I look forward to upgrades you implement. For me, the more levels of customization available to me, the more fun I can have. Thanks for adding more fun for this pilot. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JG7_X-Man said:

Hey Andre! Still having crazy issues with Paypal and RUB for the software - like we did for the seat! :scratch_one-s_head:

Not sure if anyone here used paypal in the US? Is so - please chime in if you did something special. 

I’m in the states and had no trouble. I have my credit card linked to my pay pal account along with my bank. 

• Thanks 1

I got today my buttkicker gamer 2, and bought simshaker-wings with the optinal mod for bass shakers..

After setting up everything correctly and giving a try in game, I have a lot of problems, the biggest of them is lag, a lot of lag. Everything seems to have a delay from 1s to 5-10 seconds if I keep shooting for a while it keeps vibrating for at least 6 seconds after I stop.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Connected the buttkicker amp to the Y splitter in the 2nd soundcard I have, xonar DSX yellow line (the bass/center line) and selected that device in simshaker-wings and selected 6 channels since if not it will not pick the bass line.

It works fine if I enable only 1 or 2 effects, but with a few more going it gets worse and worse.

Thanks for any help/tips.

3 hours ago, hayraddin said:

I got today my buttkicker gamer 2, and bought simshaker-wings with the optinal mod for bass shakers..

After setting up everything correctly and giving a try in game, I have a lot of problems, the biggest of them is lag, a lot of lag. Everything seems to have a delay from 1s to 5-10 seconds if I keep shooting for a while it keeps vibrating for at least 6 seconds after I stop.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Connected the buttkicker amp to the Y splitter in the 2nd soundcard I have, xonar DSX yellow line (the bass/center line) and selected that device in simshaker-wings and selected 6 channels since if not it will not pick the bass line.

It works fine if I enable only 1 or 2 effects, but with a few more going it gets worse and worse.

That is interesting, I tried to Setup my Buttkicker yesterday with the Trial Version and I was not able to get it working. I use also a Y splitter to connect my Buttkicker to the amp.

I will try again today.

Having lag is really anoying, I know that from playing e-drums, having Input lag is pure Horror and ruins everything, I hope you get it sorted out.

At least I know that with AUDIO there is a Software available for Windows which reduces lag......it is called  "asio4all" try to free download that, maybe it helps also here!?

Edited by spitfirejoe

13 hours ago, Count_de_Money said:

hi, @Andre

Can you take a look at this behavior? Not sure if it's a bug with the telemetry flow from the game itself or with Sim Shaker implementation.

-  The SimShaker vibration starts when first connecting to the MP server. It starts even prior to selecting the aircraft, its load out, and the AF, before pressing the Start to start the mission.  MP server: Berloga (100% occurrence),  Wings of Liberty (occasional), Coconut servers (occasional)

-  The SimShaker vibration does not stop after existing flight via "Finish Mission". The vibration continues through the selection of the plane, load-out, AF.  MP Server:  Berloga (100%).

- If I disable Engine Beat option then the vibration is gone. So it's just that particular setting.

- this is for BASS-Shakers ONLY.   (not for JetSeat, I don't have such device) 

I have also encountered this.  it happens to me after ending a mission "cough" getting shot down.  Seems to be related to engine beat, but even with engine beat disabled if I crash into the ground my shakers (not jet seat) go nuts until I start a new sortie.  

Edited by capt_nasties
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, hayraddin said:

May I see screenshots of all your SimShaker - Wings tabs with settings (except Credits)?

5 hours ago, capt_nasties said:

I have also encountered this.  it happens to me after ending a mission "cough" getting shot down.  Seems to be related to engine beat, but even with engine beat disabled if I crash into the ground my shakers (not jet seat) go nuts until I start a new sortie.  

OK. I've got it. Let's re-check it in the next version.

• Like 1

Hi Andre,

EDIT:

I use 1 BUTTKICKER Advance, have it hooked to a dedicated 5.1 Soundcard. I just ordered your Sim Shaker Wings software plus the Option pack for Bass Shaker. PayPal payment did work. I received an email with all kind of russian text, I guess I must wait for the activation code in another email?!

thanks and best regards Joerg

Edited by spitfirejoe

Yes, that's right. I've just sent you the key.

Oh thanks Andre, I am very happy when I can test your software now, since sooo many others here are so very happy with it.

Just tried out the demo hooked up to my old unused Buttkicker plus VR, it is a fantastic addition for immersion. After it deactivated after 20 minutes I went straight to Andre's website and bought a key for Simshaker+bass driver. 

One thing that wasn't obvious to me until I looked around and read further a bit....the obvious download on Andre's site is the stable version 1.27. this requires only one addition to your startup file:

[KEY = motiondevice]
    addr = "127.0.0.1"
    decimation = 2
    enable = true
    port = 29373
[END]

However on my system this was fairly basic, only could give some vibration when rolling or pitching, with all the good options greyed out. The really good stuff like G force, weapons, gear etc. is currently only in the beta, I downloaded 1.35 and it worked really well. You do need to add a second section to the startup file:

[KEY = telemetrydevice]
    addr = "127.0.0.1"
    decimation = 2
    enable = true
    port = 29373
[END]

The link to the beta download is a bit hard to find, you find it scrolling down on his Simshaker wings user guide page.

Thanks Andre, great add-on. I always thought the Buttkicker could be really good driven by something like this. It is seriously good coupled to VR, and this is using only a single Buttkicker driver attached  to the chair. Maybe another sound card hooked up to an old subwoofer might be even more fun....

• Like 1

@Andre

Ill post a screenshot of the settings when I get home today.

After experimenting yesterday late a bit more with it I managed to get the lag a bit lower by changing the audio from the xonar 5.1 center/bass(orange line) and selecting 6 channels to plugging it into the rift S audio output and selecting that as the soundcard and selecting 1 channel. This has better latency, however still up to 1 second or 2 when shooting.

Ideally I want to have the cable connected to the bass/center(orange line) of my Asus xonar DSX with the Y splitter included in buttkicker, so that I can use the buttkicker in other games/applications too.

I currently have 3 audio devices
- Realtek Audio HD ( the one in the motherboard, which has 5.1 audio outputs too), I currently use this one for my headphones (M40x Audio Technica) when I dont want to use speakers/be loud/gf sleeping.
- Asus Xonar DSX, I have a 5.1 Logitech sound system connected to this, which is what I use 80% of the time.
- Oculus Rift S audio device, I normally never plugged anything into the rift S headphones output until yesterday that I tried plugging the buttkicker.

I'm not sure what the best setup is, but I was thinking the best way would be to have the Xonar DSX be the SimShaker audio device, so that I can leave the Y splitter in the bass of the Xonar DSX and use it in games that dont use SimShaker.

However the only way I found to make SimShaker work with the DSX 5.1 audio is to select 6 channels, I didnt find a way to direct it  only to the bass channel, which gives me huge latency. Is there anyway to accomplish this? Select 1 channel in SimShaker and have it use the orange output of the DSX?

That way I can keep the Realtek audio for my headphones in Il2 and other games when needed, and also not have a cable hanging from the Rift S (which is uncomfortable).

Thanks very much.

P.S: Also tried a bit with voicemeeter banana, and found a way to make it output the audio to different sources, this is what I would use if I want to use my headphones (Realtek Audio Output) while also getting bass shaker from the Xonar DSX. I would use the Voicemeeter audio device as default in windows and output the audio to both Realtek and Xonar DSX, correct me if this is the wrong way.

MUST HAVE.....GAME CHANGER!!!! WOW....AMAZING!!!

Those are my first words to describe what the Software of Andre makes out of IL-2. 

So first of all thanks to Andre for making this reality and second for his support and effort to bring more Features and improve his Software.

I use Sim Shaker Wings with my Buttkicker Advance mounted directly onto the back of my bucket seat. I started to use this Setup for Sim Racing 2 days ago, starting with iRacing supported the Sim Shaking by the Software of Sim Racing Studio, which is great for SimRacing, but NOT for IL-2.

That is why I bought Andre´s Software today, only for IL-2 for me.

I had a bit of trouble to get it running and to set it up correctly, even reading the whole thread here and a lot of Infos of Andre´s Homepage I was NOT 100% sure how to connect my 1 Buttkicker that it will work. After some hours of trial and error I found a way how to get it going. 

I was not sure if I must use the 1 Buttkicker ( I have no Jetseat Setup ) in the Software as "Mono" ( 1 device ) or "5.1" ( up to 6  devices ). I tried all but it did not work, even after setting up ASIO4all Software.

I have a dedicated 5.1 external USB Soundcard ( see Picture ) for my Buttkicker and with SimRacing titles using the Sim Racing Studio App, I must connect the Y-Splitter of my Buttkicker Amp to the Orange "Center/BassOut" to make it shake. 

But strangely with the Software of Andre that does NOT work. I tried all other connections and found out that with Sim Shaking Wings Software ONLY the green "Front Out" works. I don´t understand why???!!! The bad thing is that I must change the Y-Splitter Jack all the time when changing from IL-2 to Sim Racing titles.

@ Andre maybe there is something I can change in the Software or Windows to make it work with my Orange Center/Bass Out Connection?

I can post my settings here ( see picture )

I must use a very low Engine Setting....ONLY 2% and with that the Engine shakes already really good. As a Suggestion, I wish that I could tweak the Engine more….with 1% it is too weak and with 2% it is close to too strong already..

Another Suggestion would be to sparate the effects "Stall/Aerodynamic Shake", if that is possible? Because for me a strong Stall Vibration as warning is very important, in real flying you also feel a so called stall buffet. But with this Setup for a good stall shaking I get way toooo much of permanent shaking after I released the gear ( Gear Down ). With Gear Down inflight, the Buttkicker shakes way too much because of Aerodynamic Shake. I wish to divide those 2 Effects if possible.

Other than that I can give a 100% overwhelmed and positive Feedback. After reading so many others here happy with the vibrations and shaking I expected it must be great, but I did not expect it to be THAT GREAT! Great masterpiece of Software with 100% buying suggestion from myside.

Thanks at Andre and the Devs in Moscow to make my beloved IL-2 warbids come alive!

Best regards Joerg

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

Edited by spitfirejoe

35 minutes ago, spitfirejoe said:

@ Andre maybe there is something I can change in the Software or Windows to make it work with my Orange Center/Bass Out Connection?

Yes, you can edit .wav samples to meet your needs. Please refer to "Using SimShaker - Wings with audio bass-shakers" section of SimShaker - Wings UG https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.com/p/simshaker-wings-user-guide.html

37 minutes ago, spitfirejoe said:

Another Suggestion would be to sparate the effects "Stall/Aerodynamic Shake", if that is possible?

Currently not, since it presented in telemetry output from the game together.

Maybe you should release the gear at a lower speed?

• Thanks 1

Thank you Andre,

that is exactly the point which I read 20 times on your homepage and did not understand what to do and how to change a channel for the 5.1 system. Is there an easier way or a better explanation for stupid guys like me 😉

Maybe someone else could explain aswell, I just did not understand how to change the channel for my 1 Buttkicker

Edited by spitfirejoe

The idea is simple. In a sound editor application you can edit my default samples. For example, you can copy waveform from channel 1 and paste it into channel 4 (which corresponds to "sub-woofer" in 5.1 pattern). After that you save this file in a certain format into a certain folder where SimShaker - Wings can pick it up and use it. That's the way you can add the signal to a channel where you currently miss it.

That was just for example, since actually you can do a lot of things with the waveforms at any available channel - delete, add, cut and paste, amplify, change frequency and so on.

• Thanks 1

Ey, thanks for this answers, Im guessing that also applies to my question on how to make it work with the 5.1 audio of the Xonar DSX. Ill give it a try tonight to see if I can make it output a single channel to the sub-woofer of the 5.1!

Ill see if this way I get also less latency @Andre

Also as @spitfirejoe said, even if I only tried it for a few hours yesterday, it already does make a huge difference. I totally recommend to get Simshaker and any sort of BassShaker or vibrations from the chair if you want to improve your experience.

• Upvote 1

I have ordered the jetseat , but where to stop 🤔

I'm looking at buttkicker/bass transducer allso , but for buying the right stuff 1 time 

The 'speaker' go as low as 5-10 Hz  .....

But how important is it how low the amp goes in Hz for have full fun in the game ???

44 minutes ago, Niiranen-VR said:

I have ordered the jetseat , but where to stop 🤔

I'm looking at buttkicker/bass transducer allso , but for buying the right stuff 1 time 

The 'speaker' go as low as 5-10 Hz  .....

But how important is it how low the amp goes in Hz for have full fun in the game ???

I'm going to buy the jetseat too, and I'm relly interested in buttkicker, but I'm scared of the noise people say it causes. I know my wife 😶

8 minutes ago, Sakivano said:

I'm going to buy the jetseat too, and I'm relly interested in buttkicker, but I'm scared of the noise people say it causes. I know my wife 😶

Yeh, had the same problem.  ButtKicker was noisy compared to getting no complaints, from her who must be obeyed, with the jetseat.

About Noise coming from a Buttkicker, yes my "Advance" is noisy, depending on how strong I do setup the vibrations in the software. If you have a sensitive wife, for sure she will complain.

Important is to game with a noise compensated Headest or In Ears, so I don´t hear that noise and just feel the vibrations. With an open 5.1 speaker system I guess the noise coming from the Buttkicker kills immersion, or otherwise you keep up the volume of your sound system, but in that case your wife will complain aswell 😉

About the Amps......the dedicated Amps for the original Buttkicker do provide the range of 40Hz to 160Hz with a High Cut Filter and 25Hz with a Low Cut Filter. I don´t see why you should need lower Hz than that. I have the original Butt Kicker Power amp BKA300 and it feels and works amazing.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, spitfirejoe said:

Important is to game with a noise compensated Headest or In Ears, so I don´t hear that noise and just feel the vibrations.

Quite right, although my wife, being quite clever and being in charge of domestic sustenance, quickly found her frying pan and noise cancelling ear phones or not I still got the message that it was too loud and she would appreciate it being turned down or she would be happy to provide all the extra sensory stimulation I might require.

• Haha 3

Guys, SimShaker - Wings beta version 1.36 published with some more adjustments for IL-2 Great Battles support.
Let's give it a try!

• Thanks 5

Hi @Andre,

Yesterday I made the adjustments with Audacity to the audio files, saved all of them 1 by 1 remapping the audio so that it outputs only to channel 4 (the bass channel),  it was a lot of clicking but it worked, now I have it working with ASIO4ALL and set to 6 channels in SimShaker, and the latency problems are gone (I think its because before I didnt use asio4all) . 

I was wondering if I update SimShaker, if I will have to redo all the Audio files again in Audacity so that I have output on channel 4, or if there is no changes to the audio files.

If so I was wondering if it would be possible to put the channel 4 also as output by default on the 6 channel files.

Thanks very much,

Hayraddin

1 hour ago, Andre said:

Guys, SimShaker - Wings beta version 1.36 published with some more adjustments for IL-2 Great Battles support.
Let's give it a try!

Hi André,

can you tell us just briefly, what changes you did in ver. 1.36 - what adjustments do you mean? Thank you very much.

Cheerio

Hi Andre,

I've installed Simshaker Wings Beta 1.36, edited the required text in the startup.cfg file, and activated my license key.

When I try to run from the program from the launcher manually, the 1.36 Wings program window immediately crashes.  Auto-start doesn't seem to work either.  

1 hour ago, hayraddin said:

I was wondering if I update SimShaker, if I will have to redo all the Audio files again in Audacity so that I have output on channel 4, or if there is no changes to the audio files.

Hi Hayraddin,

that depends on where you put your sample files. They will be safe in \Documents\SimShaker-Wings FXs\Audio\Customized\X subfolder. In other locations they may be re-written with default files during the update.

1 hour ago, -=-THERION said:

Hi André,

can you tell us just briefly, what changes you did in ver. 1.36 - what adjustments do you mean? Thank you very much.

Cheerio

Hi -=-THERION,

that's mostly about that issue https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/57925-simshaker-wings-support-thread-for-il-2-users/?do=findComment&comment=888401

52 minutes ago, 1./KG4_EKat said:

Hi Andre,

I've installed Simshaker Wings Beta 1.36, edited the required text in the startup.cfg file, and activated my license key.

When I try to run from the program from the launcher manually, the 1.36 Wings program window immediately crashes.  Auto-start doesn't seem to work either.  

Hi 1./KG4_EKat,

There must be some error details in Windows Event Log Viewer with .NET Runtime as source. Please pay attention to that my post

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/57925-simshaker-wings-support-thread-for-il-2-users/?do=findComment&comment=886427

• Thanks 1

On 2/2/2020 at 11:51 AM, Andre said:

Let's give it a try!

hi, @Andre

thank you for the updated version!  There's definitely an improvement!

1) the bass-shakers no longer go crazy after a collision or aircraft explosion

2) there's still a very slight buzzing/vibration in the pre-flight menu screens, but it's very faint and non disturbing..

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Count_de_Money said:

2) there's still a very slight buzzing/vibration in the pre-flight menu screens, but it's very faint and non disturbing..

Hi Count_de_Money,

can you see which SimShaker - Wings effect is active at that moment?

24 minutes ago, Andre said:

Hi Count_de_Money,

can you see which SimShaker - Wings effect is active at that moment?

sure, Andre, I'll try it out later today and let you know.

Having two problems with SimShaker-Wings.

MY SETUP...

Window 10 1903

eVGA GTX-2080ti / eVGA Dark motherboard / I7-9700K CPU (nothing overcocked..yet)

Artis Pro Wireless Headphones

Sound Blaster Audigy 5/RX (not using motherboard sound) for external speakers

Sound Blaster Play! 3 - USB sound card for my single bass-shaker

SimShaker-Wings beta 1.36

FIRST PROBLEM

SimShaker-Wings is not retaining its settings after a reboot...cold or warm boot.

Selecting SimShaker Manual Start...shows my previous setting missing.

I reselect Bass-shaker and my Sound Blaster Play! 3 as the Dedicated Sound Card.

A SimShaker-Wings window opens with "Application will restart to apply settings" but all the settings I just entered are removed. I select OK (only way to continue, cannot exit and return to setting window) and the Settings window reopens with all the settings is just made missing and an error message in the Text Log Information area (see picture below). I have not been able to find any information on the internet about this error. Also I have not found any errors related to SimShaker in my Event Log/Applications. Also nothing in the Use Guide

1078179202_Desktop2-4-202010-54-28AM-776.jpg.a68a80318619e47e0a7af32366149ad3.jpg

The only way I can get my settings to work is to open Windows Sound Control Panel. Select Sound Blaster Play! 3. And change anything in the “Advanced” tab and select “Apply”. I can deselect "Enable audio enhancements” or reselect if it was previously deselected. Also works by changing settings in the "Exclusive Mode" area.

I can then go back to the SimShaker settings and get my selections to work. The selections will normally hold until I reboot...cold or warm.

Solved...

Prior to using SimShaker-Wings I set my Sound Blaster! 3 device as a Hardware Out in VoiceMeeter which worked for basic Bass-Shaker output. The Bass-Shaker was connected to the Sound Blaster!3. Removing the Sound Blaster! 3 from VoiceMeeter Hardware Out corrected the problem. SimShaker-Wings runs my Bass-Shaker independent of Voicemeeter. 

Second Problem

When I do get SimShaker to retain my settings and test with my bass-shaker, I have a problem when I start IL-2 Great Battles.

With Sim-Shaker is set to Auto Start, IL-2 starts (black splash screen with IL-2 logo) then drops to the Taskbar with SimShaker Launcher window and settings window on my computer screen and remains that way. My mouse will not work on the main window or any open window, i.e. SimShaker. The mouse will show on the taskbar. I can try to close any open app on the taskbar but the app will not close. The only way to get out of this situation is to do a hard reset and restart.

Sometimes after several tries of all of the above, IL-2 will run without dropping to the Taskbar. The problem returns after a cold or warm boot.

Solved (at least on my computer)...

Turned off Full Screen in IL-2 Great Battles. Problem might be my 2 screen setup. I run IL-2 Great Battles on my primary screen (3440x1440). My secondary screen (1920x1200) is used to display TeamSpeak, etc. Not sure if that caused the problem but the behavior has stopped. No change in game performance.

Edited by OCA_LoneStar
Problems Solved