Jump to content

SimShaker - Wings support thread for IL-2 users


Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have an issue where the USB drops and connects repetitively?  The jetseat will stop vibrating and then startup again after it reconnects.  It seems to happen mostly with firing the guns.  I am waiting for a license key, so maybe its a demo thing.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ACG_Dadnar said:

Does anyone have an issue where the USB drops and connects repetitively?  The jetseat will stop vibrating and then startup again after it reconnects.  It seems to happen mostly with firing the guns.  I am waiting for a license key, so maybe its a demo thing.

 

 

No, I had the same problem. Couldn't find a solution so I fly without it at the moment. In my case it happened all the time and not just with guns.

Edited by SvAF/F16_Goblin
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ACG_Dadnar said:

Does anyone have an issue where the USB drops and connects repetitively?  The jetseat will stop vibrating and then startup again after it reconnects.  It seems to happen mostly with firing the guns.  I am waiting for a license key, so maybe its a demo thing.

 

 

 

3 hours ago, SvAF/F16_Goblin said:

No, I had the same problem. Couldn't find a solution so I fly without it at the moment. In my case it happened all the time and not just with guns.

 

Hi gents,

 

make sure, you change the power management of your USB devices. This might be the culprit. Here is an example on how to change this for all

USB devices - I did and since then, I have no issues anymore! Hint:

 

image_2021-02-11_110021.png.7c8cfe30a93f796ca53cb503e492bf6b.png

 

I hope this helps, because not being able to use the SimShaker Wings software is a pity! And now, it's not a demo thing...

 

Cheerio

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ACG_Dadnar said:

Does anyone have an issue where the USB drops and connects repetitively?  The jetseat will stop vibrating and then startup again after it reconnects.  It seems to happen mostly with firing the guns.  I am waiting for a license key, so maybe its a demo thing.

 

 

That may be a known issue, if you are in the US, Canada or Japan. 

A power supply unit in some cases may be not powerful enough while working with 100 Volts in the AC network. (I test the pads with the European 230 Volts in the AC network)

Regarding the power supply unit replacement please contact me by email or PM.

Until the issue is solved, you can reduce JetSeat strength (gain) for the gun effects by its slider in the SimShaker Wings settings.

 

4 hours ago, SvAF/F16_Goblin said:

No, I had the same problem. Couldn't find a solution so I fly without it at the moment. In my case it happened all the time and not just with guns.

From my experience, a USB extension cord, if you use it, may cause such an issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Andre said:

That may be a known issue, if you are in the US, Canada or Japan. 

A power supply unit in some cases may be not powerful enough while working with 100 Volts in the AC network. (I test the pads with the European 230 Volts in the AC network)

Regarding the power supply unit replacement please contact me by email or PM.

Until the issue is solved, you can reduce JetSeat strength (gain) for the gun effects by its slider in the SimShaker Wings settings.

 

From my experience, a USB extension cord, if you use it, may cause such an issue.

It started quite unexpected after years of perfect function with the exact same setup so I would assume no problem on that part.
Perhaps it simply broke down.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SvAF/F16_Goblin said:

It started quite unexpected after years of perfect function with the exact same setup so I would assume no problem on that part.
Perhaps it simply broke down.

 

I see. Have you tried to reload the JetSeat firmware?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andre said:

I see. Have you tried to reload the JetSeat firmware?

Yes, and uninstall and install everything

Also formatted and reinstalled Windows 10

But I got it 2015 and it has served me well 😄 I had a feeling that it was going downhill since the forces in a couple of the motors was declining and one had stopped to work at all.

Edited by SvAF/F16_Goblin
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi andre. been using your jetpad now since december and its working great so far :). One thing i wanted to ask that have recently started to worry me is how i am using the jetpad and if it will take damage from it. right now i have it on my office chair that i use for my flight simming and i therefore sit in the chair a couple of hours every other day and sometimes 5 days a week with 3-6 hours a day. Will the jetpad take damage from just sitting in it and especilly if the bottom motors will be damaged from casual chair use every day ? Might be a difficult question to answer but i would be grateful for an answer as this have started to worry me especilly since i have started to belivie that the bottom motors are beginning to be less powerful compared to when they were new haha.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SvAF/F16_lassekongo said:

Hi andre. been using your jetpad now since december and its working great so far :). One thing i wanted to ask that have recently started to worry me is how i am using the jetpad and if it will take damage from it. right now i have it on my office chair that i use for my flight simming and i therefore sit in the chair a couple of hours every other day and sometimes 5 days a week with 3-6 hours a day. Will the jetpad take damage from just sitting in it and especilly if the bottom motors will be damaged from casual chair use every day ? Might be a difficult question to answer but i would be grateful for an answer as this have started to worry me especilly since i have started to belivie that the bottom motors are beginning to be less powerful compared to when they were new haha.

Hi SvAF/F16_lassekongo,

the motors are in sturdy plastic shells, so just sitting on it all day long shouldn't harm them.

Anyway, if you somehow manage to harm them, I will be able to provide you with the replacement motors. So, no need to buy another seat.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Andre 

A I can see Wings does not support vibes when WEP is activated. That is a pity, because in a fight there is often no time for watching it. If telemetry doesn't give us this parameter maybe You could implement if with RPM or ATA (set individually)? That would be great. Stall effect is great help. Rest of the effects are nice and give additional feel. But for the dogfight - Stall and WEP are the most important IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, RavN_Gora said:

Hi Andre 

A I can see Wings does not support vibes when WEP is activated. That is a pity, because in a fight there is often no time for watching it. If telemetry doesn't give us this parameter maybe You could implement if with RPM or ATA (set individually)? That would be great. Stall effect is great help. Rest of the effects are nice and give additional feel. But for the dogfight - Stall and WEP are the most important IMO.

Hi RavN_Gora,

I'm not sure that in RL pilot can feel clearly that WEP enabled. At least I haven't found any obvious general sign of that in the game telemetry. So, it stays grayed out in case of IL-2.

Link to post
Share on other sites

OK I understand. You are talking about realism. Any chance then to have ability to feel the engine vibrations in the function of RPM? I'm sure telemetry offers the RPM state. In real case, pilot can feel when RPM go higher or lower I believe.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RavN_Gora said:

OK I understand. You are talking about realism. Any chance then to have ability to feel the engine vibrations in the function of RPM? I'm sure telemetry offers the RPM state. In real case, pilot can feel when RPM go higher or lower I believe.    

The vibration strength is changing in the function of RPM. But in IL-2 implementation it also depends on the engine shake, which is more intense at low RPM values.

So, the minimum usually is somewhere at the mid range RPM. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On the subject of WEP enabled vibrations, this is a Spitfire aircraft account:

P/O Roger Hall of No. 152 Squadron based at Warmwell in 10 Group described a 4 September scramble:
 
    We were traveling at full throttle and climbing at nearly three thousand feet a minute in the general
    direction of the enemy formation, which was just visible high up above and in front of us. I could see
    Yellow Section in front and above us also, going at full boost. Black streams of petrol vapour were
    coming away from their engines. 'Better use your energy boost, Roger,' Ferdie called out to me, as he
    started to increase speed himself. The makers stipulated that the emergency boost must not be used for
    more than five consecutive minutes, but now the occasion seemed to warrant the risk. I throttled back,
    pushed the red half-lever forward and then opened up the main throttle again. Immediately the aircraft
    seemed to leap forward with a jolt, hitting me in the back as it did so, and the engine started to vibrate
    - black smoke pouring out of each exhaust port. The engine vibration transmitted itself to the entire
    aircraft and I began to appreciate the maker's instructions.65

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@ACG_Talismangreat example! I was thinking about something like this. @AndreI made a lot of tests today, and you're right that engine shake option is in function of RPM indeed, but it is so subtle that You can't really say when is 1000 rpm and when 4000... As Talisman wrote above the pilots could feel the kick at their back when they were engaging WEP. Like in the fast car. Back in the days I had motion simulator for simracing, and G seat was a part of it. Every time I put higher gear in F1 there was signifying kick at ma back. That was awesome. I almost could feel that acceleration. It would be great if You could consider in your next version of Wings something like this. Punch in the back when WEP is on. If telemetry is not enough then maybe you could give us manual selection of RPM when it should kick? Please think of it, that is just my thought.  

 

Besides of it I can really recommend your Simshaker and Wings for anybody that is looking for next step in immersion. Especially in VR.           

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2021 at 9:29 AM, Andre said:

Hi SvAF/F16_lassekongo,

the motors are in sturdy plastic shells, so just sitting on it all day long shouldn't harm them.

Anyway, if you somehow manage to harm them, I will be able to provide you with the replacement motors. So, no need to buy another seat.

Great to hear this :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RavN_Gora said:

@ACG_Talismangreat example! I was thinking about something like this. @AndreI made a lot of tests today, and you're right that engine shake option is in function of RPM indeed, but it is so subtle that You can't really say when is 1000 rpm and when 4000... As Talisman wrote above the pilots could feel the kick at their back when they were engaging WEP. Like in the fast car. Back in the days I had motion simulator for simracing, and G seat was a part of it. Every time I put higher gear in F1 there was signifying kick at ma back. That was awesome. I almost could feel that acceleration. It would be great if You could consider in your next version of Wings something like this. Punch in the back when WEP is on. If telemetry is not enough then maybe you could give us manual selection of RPM when it should kick? Please think of it, that is just my thought.  

 

Besides of it I can really recommend your Simshaker and Wings for anybody that is looking for next step in immersion. Especially in VR.           

Talking about the acceleration. There is acceleration\deceleration FXs in SimShaker Wheels. I think you could try it out with some racing game using SimShaker Wheels demo mode. I could add something like that to SimShaker Wings as well.

Talking about the engine vibration. I couldn't see any essential engine vibration increase in the IL-2 telemetry while the engine is boosted. I will try to see more carefully.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Andre said:

Talking about the acceleration. There is acceleration\deceleration FXs in SimShaker Wheels. I think you could try it out with some racing game using SimShaker Wheels demo mode. I could add something like that to SimShaker Wings as well.

Great, will check SimShaker Wheels and let You know about my thoughts. 

 

2 hours ago, Andre said:

Talking about the engine vibration. I couldn't see any essential engine vibration increase in the IL-2 telemetry while the engine is boosted. I will try to see more carefully.

Thank you. It may be true I afraid. Than only option would be to give us free hand to set RPM value (one more select option in Wings) since vibration should be stronger? Maybe someday Devs would give us WEP ON/OFF in telemetry.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RavN_Gora said:

Great, will check SimShaker Wheels and let You know about my thoughts. 

 

Thank you. It may be true I afraid. Than only option would be to give us free hand to set RPM value (one more select option in Wings) since vibration should be stronger? 

I think that depends not only on RPM but MF Pressure value as well.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, You are right. It may be tricky... maybe even impossible. I'm not a programmer, sometimes I work with some but I'm sure You know better what is possible and what is not. That was only my wish, and some idea to have this kick during WEP, but maybe it is not possible at the moment ;(   

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RavN_Gora said:

some idea to have this kick during WEP

If that's really a kick, I think it should be exposed in the game telemetry as an abrupt acceleration increase, which I could try to catch. I think I will try to find some time to explore that next week.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2021 at 5:22 PM, Andre said:

If that's really a kick, I think it should be exposed in the game telemetry as an abrupt acceleration increase, which I could try to catch. I think I will try to find some time to explore that next week.

Guys, I've played around with the acceleration values as intended. There was Indeed a kind of a "kick" when the engine was boosted. Unfortunately, such abrupt increase in acceleration occured in many other cases, like when you put the nose down or turn, for example. I couldn't find a way to filter out other than the engine boost events.

Hence, I don't think it can be useful for us now. I'm sorry.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Andre said:

Guys, I've played around with the acceleration values as intended. There was Indeed a kind of a "kick" when the engine was boosted. Unfortunately, such abrupt increase in acceleration occured in many other cases, like when you put the nose down or turn, for example. I couldn't find a way to filter out other than the engine boost events.

Hence, I don't think it can be useful for us now. I'm sorry.

 

No problems Andre, thanks for looking at this.

 

Happy landings,

 

Talisman

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2021 at 7:08 AM, Andre said:

 

Thank you guys for your suggestions.

I don't think of such a log in the current SimShaker Wings version, but maybe I will find or add something for that purpose. I will let you know then.

Talking about the logs. Please check to be sure that you DO NOT have "Verbose Log level" enabled in SimShaker Wings settings. That may really affect the application performance.

 

Talking about the Buttkicker specific. I think I should mention that I had to eliminate an electric relay which made my BKA-130-C amplifier to sleep (amber LED) after a certain period of inactivity time.

That was really a problem.

 

Getting back to vibrations cutting out intermittently - I may have noticed it happening specifically or more often with the A20. I experienced it again at various times during a 49 minute flight on the Finnish MP server last night, but on my next flight I did not experience it during a 39 minute flight in a Yak 9. 

 

I don't think it's an issue with the single Buttkicker I use, but suspect it's something with the engine beats data output from the game, perhaps even plane-specific.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Charlo-VR said:

I don't think it's an issue with the single Buttkicker I use,

 

Be sure you touch the Buttkicker (that just seems wrong when written) to check the heat level when it happens.  When I contacted them a few months ago, they said that longer a/c flights with a certain monotonous beat can heat it up and it will then shutdown as a safety measure.  I have 2 and have seen this happen on one, but not the other, and the one shutting down is definitely hot compared to the other.  Turning it down a bit on the amp helps on mine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Varibraun said:

Be sure you touch the Buttkicker (that just seems wrong when written) to check the heat level when it happens.  When I contacted them a few months ago, they said that longer a/c flights with a certain monotonous beat can heat it up and it will then shutdown as a safety measure.  I have 2 and have seen this happen on one, but not the other, and the one shutting down is definitely hot compared to the other.  Turning it down a bit on the amp helps on mine.

 

True, when it cuts out the Buttkicker is quite hot (when it cuts out I reach under my chair to feel it - which also seems wrong to admit to), though it also seems to cool off quickly so that the vibration cutouts are often for just a second or several seconds at a time. Even on the same flight after it has cut out for awhile it will begin working again. Perhaps the data stream from some aircraft is causing it to work that much harder.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I have SimShaker for Aviators for DCS and know how that works.  But I am trying this for IL2 for the first time, just the demo..  and the 'Audio Parameters' section in Wings is all disabled.  I cannot select my Sound Card, or Max. Channels, or the Compressor.  How do I fix that?  I have started it twice, so does that mean I have 4 more tries?  (Demo gives 6 Starts?).

 

And how does SSW know where IL2 GB is installed?  Mine is installed on my E: drive.

 

PS: I also use Voicemeeter Banana and need to select it's input for my shakers.  But as I said above, the Sound Card drop down is disabled and nothing is selected.

 

EDIT:

i'm not sure if this is the problem:

 

The E-Shop's description of Wings says this:

SimShaker Wings base software provides immersing event driven force feedback via Gametrix JetSeat/SimShaker JetPad and 1 - 2 bass-shakers

 

But the User guide says this:

Using SimShaker - Wings with audio bass-shakers

Bass-shakers support may be purchased as an option.

Edited by DDSnacko
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DDSnacko said:

 But I am trying this for IL2 for the first time, just the demo..  and the 'Audio Parameters' section in Wings is all disabled. 

It's disabled until the Bass-shakers checkbox is not marked in the Output section.

9 hours ago, DDSnacko said:

But the User guide says this:

Using SimShaker - Wings with audio bass-shakers

Bass-shakers support may be purchased as an option.

It's an obsolete information. I will update it. Thank you for the feedback.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Andre

 

I have been using the Gametrix Jetseat since 2019 and have had a great deal of use and immersion from it. Suddenly, the control unit has  stopped lighting up and there is no response  from the seat. Tried the usual things like plugging the USB  into another slot and reloading the firmware but nothing I try has  worked. I am assuming now that the control unit has died from use. I haven't plugged/unplugged the connectors since I started using the device and the seat is still in immaculate condition. Do you sell replacement control units?

 

Many thanks for a great product.

Edited by Madov
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Madov said:

Hello Andre

 

I have been using the Gametrix Jetseat since 2019 and have had a great deal of use and immersion from it. Suddenly, the control unit has  stopped lighting up and there is no response  from the seat. Tried the usual things like plugging the USB  into another slot and reloading the firmware but nothing I try has  worked. I am assuming now that the control unit has died from use. I haven't plugged/unplugged the connectors since I started using the device and the seat is still in immaculate condition. Do you sell replacement control units?

 

Many thanks for a great product.

Hello Madov,

I would recommend you to try reloading the firmware a few times more and to wiggle the connectors. Please check also the power supply unit with a voltmeter.

If still no luck, here is the link https://andres.shop/jetpad-jetseat/19-spare-jetseat-control-unit.html

Link to post
Share on other sites

Each time that I try the firmware reloader, it loads the file and then nothing more happens, I waited plenty of time and nothing was going on. Wiggled all the connectors, disconnected and refitted, still nothing happening in the control unit. I think I will have to order another one.

 

I tried to order a replacement but I am informed by your payment portal that there are no carriers available. Please help.

Edited by Madov
Link to post
Share on other sites

Reverb g2 (vr) + simshaker wings + butttkicker gamer 2

 

cant get this setup to work using telemetry. I mean I can get the buttkicker working on ingame sounds(using voicemeeter), but I would like it work on just the telemetry data. I do receive packets from il2, but get no bussing ingame. Right now I have buttkicker set to 60 hz with both low and high cutoff pushed. 

 

I have a separate usb soundcard where the simshaker takes the data and when I test the signal my buttkicker buzzes.  Have it set to 1 channel mono. I have tried both on and off for the headset to send sound to desktop. (does it have any influence at all?)

 

What am I missing? Someone who can point me in the right direction. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, J5_Rumey said:

Reverb g2 (vr) + simshaker wings + butttkicker gamer 2

 

cant get this setup to work using telemetry. I mean I can get the buttkicker working on ingame sounds(using voicemeeter), but I would like it work on just the telemetry data.

I'm not sure I can really help you since I don't have Reverb g2 to play around with.

I will just try to clarify some points.

 

Quote

I have a separate usb soundcard where the simshaker takes the data and when I test the signal my buttkicker buzzes.

In general SimShaker doesn't take the data from the sound card, but it pushes the data (low frequency sound signals) into the sound card to feed your buttkicker.

If your buttkicker buzzes when you press the Test button in the SimShaker Wings window having Reverb g2 enabled, that's great. If you get the packets from the IL-2, it should just work. Please pay attention to grey circles in the right top corners of the effects group boxes. If the effect is triggered by the telemetry, they become green.

 

Quote

I have tried both on and off for the headset to send sound to desktop

What does that mean to send sound to desktop?

 

 

Edited by Andre
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J5_Rumey said:

What am I missing? Someone who can point me in the right direction. 

 

I have G2.  I like my surround speakers and luv the SimShaker Buttkicker setup.

 

Buttkickers are plugged into my monitor (speaker out).  My monitor functions as an extra sound card (Asus ROG PG43Q) - chosen in SimShaker software as output.

 

Not using G2 for sound

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Andre said:

I'm not sure I can really help you since I don't have Reverb g2 to play around with.

I will just try to clarify some points.

 

In general SimShaker doesn't take the data from the sound card, but it pushes the data (low frequency sound signals) into the sound card to feed your buttkicker.

If your buttkicker buzzes when you press the Test button in the SimShaker Wings window having Reverb g2 enabled, that's great. If you get the packets from the IL-2, it should just work. Please pay attention to grey circles in the right top corners of the effects group boxes. If the effect is triggered by the telemetry, they become green.

 

What does that mean to send sound to desktop?

 

 

When steam vr is active mirror headset audio to desktop... but putting it on just gives me the inagme sounds on my buttkicker, cant adjust and test does not work. Its sendsing packets but grey roundel does not light up for for example firing guns.

 

Nimage.thumb.png.cd176799b1997a60c7111bef18646c9f.png

Edited by J5_Rumey
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...