SimShaker - Wings support thread for IL-2 users

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I checked both before I added the telemetry lines per Andre's instructions and after. It doesn't work regardless, unfortunately.

After I added the lines, I did try out Simshaker Wings which worked correctly. But I would still like to keep the old option of playing without paid software.

Anybody who can help?

2 hours ago, DD_Crash said:

Could be sound settings?

Thanks a lot man!

Although that video didn't work for me it got me on the right track, I found this one that solved it for me! Now I just wonder why I suddenly needed another program for this to work as it used to work before. Anyway, thanks again!

I'm confused now.  I have "Simshaker for Aviators" and "Simshaker Sound Module", which was payware.   These work successfully with DCS, and allow me to customize each plane individually.  Are these products obsolete now, and I should purchase "Simshaker Wings" instead of those other two?  Is "Simshaker Wings" a newer product?

Edited by SeaSerpent

I think it doesn't matter newer or older, since SimShaker for Aviators by f4l0 and SimShaker Wings support different non-overlapping lists of titles.

Please refer to this guide for details.

2 hours ago, Andre said:

Overwrites. I do not expect any problems with that.

thx! works great with IL2BOX!

additional question, Andre, will u be adding DCS support for Wings? or i have to buy/run SimShakers for Aviators..

srry, maybe I overlooked it, couldnt find how to make DCS work Wings

Edited by SCG_Tzigy

Hi Andre,

I recently bought the "Sim Shaker for Aviators" aswell for DCS and there I like the option to get shaking effects when opening or closing the cockpit canopy.

Can this be implemented for our IL-2 aswell please!? Thanks very much.

1 minute ago, spitfirejoe said:

Hi Andre,

I recently bought the "Sim Shaker for Aviators" aswell for DCS and there I like the option to get shaking effects when opening or closing the cockpit canopy.

Can this be implemented for our IL-2 aswell please!? Thanks very much.

+1

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Andre said:

Hi guys,

I don't think so. That data is not exposed by the game.

Ok, Andre, I did not know it is not supported by the game. Thanks for answering.

I just like the bump which I feel in my back after the canopy reaches the end of the rail and it is closed and locked, when sitting in the DCS Spitfire. Nice effect, which I did not expect to be that great before I tried it out.

• Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, spitfirejoe said:

Ok, Andre, I did not know it is not supported by the game. Thanks for answering.

I just like the bump which I feel in my back after the canopy reaches the end of the rail and it is closed and locked, when sitting in the DCS Spitfire. Nice effect, which I did not expect to be that great before I tried it out.

Thank you for the feedback. I wasn't sure that somebody would appreciate it :)

I mean, when I added it in SimShaker for DCS World, even before DCS Spitfire was released. Thanks f4l0 for adding it to the Spitfire module.

Edited by Andre

Hi Andre. My Realteus Forcefeel pad arrived earlier this week. I purchased Simshaker Wings directly from you since I was warned not to buy the bundled software from Realteus. In the morning before work, I tested the forcefeel pad and the demo of Simshaker and had a great 10 minute flight in IL2 Flying Circus. After work, the email arrived with the activation key for Sim Shaker Wings, so I activated it and went for a test flight. Unfortunately I didn't feel anything. Looking at the Simshaker software, it did not display the Forcefeel pad as an option for output, but it had in the morning before I activated it. I have since installed the Forcefeel Control Center to test the forcefeel pad, which works fine. I have run Simshaker both with and without the Forcefeel Control Center running, and it still doesn't detect the Forcefeel pad. Windows lists the forcefeel pad under USB devices as USB Serial Device (COM4).

What do I need to do so Sim Shaker Wings detects my Forcefeel Pad as a valid output?

SimShaker Trouble.jpg

3 minutes ago, gascan said:

Hi Andre. My Realteus Forcefeel pad arrived earlier this week. I purchased Simshaker Wings directly from you since I was warned not to buy the bundled software from Realteus. In the morning before work, I tested the forcefeel pad and the demo of Simshaker and had a great 10 minute flight in IL2 Flying Circus. After work, the email arrived with the activation key for Sim Shaker Wings, so I activated it and went for a test flight. Unfortunately I didn't feel anything. Looking at the Simshaker software, it did not display the Forcefeel pad as an option for output, but it had in the morning before I activated it. I have since installed the Forcefeel Control Center to test the forcefeel pad, which works fine. I have run Simshaker both with and without the Forcefeel Control Center running, and it still doesn't detect the Forcefeel pad. Windows lists the forcefeel pad under USB devices as USB Serial Device (COM4).

What do I need to do so Sim Shaker Wings detects my Forcefeel Pad as a valid output?

SimShaker Trouble.jpg

Your first screenshot says it all - just have a look at the Output box on your screeny - nothing selected. So, select "Gametrix Jetseat" and click on the "Test"-button.

It should rumble - and if it rumbles, you're good to go.

26 minutes ago, gascan said:

SimShaker Trouble.jpg

For the forcefeel, you need to buy a plug in which cost 12.64 USD.

https://andres.shop/software/48-simshaker-wings-option-realteus-forcefeel-support.html

Then you'll have the option to choose the forcefeel.

SimShaker-Wings_2020-07-18_13-09-00.jpg

• Thanks 1

That looks like it, Habu. When testing in the morning before activating the software, I saw my forcefeel listed and it disappeared after activation. So I guess I need the forcefeel plug-in. Unfortunately, it is listed as "out of stock" and I can't add it to cart. There's a note about contacting Andre before purchase to prevent buy the plugin without the base SimShaker software, so I just sent him an email.

Update: Purchase made. Thanks for the quick response, Andre.

Update 2: Everything is up and running! Another happy customer. Now I just need to learn to tell the difference between stalling and G-forces...

Edited by gascan
update
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Andre...

Bought about 2 years ago from you as an early backer probably  the first version the then new "REALTEUS ForceFeel" haptic gaming pad for seat.

Unfortunately, it (and the Virpil controls ect.) never left the package...

Now things have changed for me and I want to try it, but see no mention of it anymore.

Is it usable with profile for IL2 BOS?

What software to use? 

EDIT: so after more digging I found this:

1. I need "simshaker wings" software for IL2 BOS, but to purchase from you?

2. I may need a certain plug as gascan above reported?

Sorry for Noobishness, happy to see that Jason went along!

Cheers, Rob.

Edited by Zoltann

Rob,

I've never sold  "REALTEUS ForceFeel" haptic gaming pad. There is some misjudgment here.

Regarding your questions.

1. Yes, I develop and sell SimShaker Wings software.

2. Yes, you can get it along with the "REALTEUS ForceFeel" support option in my e-shop as mentioned above.

3 hours ago, Andre said:

Rob,

I've never sold  "REALTEUS ForceFeel" haptic gaming pad. There is some misjudgment here.

My bad Andre. 🙈

My memory did not serve me well, apologies.

At least I remember how you were an early advocate to get this FF implemented in IL2 BOS, initially against resistance/scepticism.

Regarding your questions.

1. Yes, I develop and sell SimShaker Wings software.

2. Yes, you can get it along with the "REALTEUS ForceFeel" support option in my e-shop as mentioned above.

So from your website I need the SimShaker Wings software and the: "For the forcefeel, you need to buy a plug in which cost 12.64 USD." 

Then it works right?

If you have a preferred way of activating/ordering please lemme know,...

Thanks for the swift response,

Best Rob.

Edited by Zoltann

Yes, something about that amount. Actually you will pay me in rubles.

Here are the links:

https://andres.shop/software/28-simshaker-wings.html

https://andres.shop/software/48-simshaker-wings-option-realteus-forcefeel-support.html

I would recommend to download SimShaker Wings form the simshaker.com website and try it in demo mode along with your Forcefeel pad before you pay me.

Hi Andre!

I’m an old JetSeat customer, returning to shaking my sim, once again...

The JetSeat was really cool in DCS, but I was plagued with electrical whining noise and the stall buffet never felt convincing to me, so I gave it up.

But I recently installed four bass shakers, in two parallel pairs, in my simulator seat, to give it another go.

OMG what a difference!
IL-2 really comes alive with the added tactile feedback! Now I can feel how far I push the aircraft, in a high G turn. And shooting my guns scares me as much as my opponent now! ;)

The stall buffet effects are so much better than before and can actually be used to judge how close to stall you are getting.

It really adds an extra dimension to the experience. Especially so in VR!

Keep up the great work!

Oh, and BTW, I had a problem with an annoying electrical whining noise with my bass shakers too. Just as I did with the JetSeat motors. It turned out to be a ground loop feedback. I know nothing about this myself but got help from more knowledgeable people. Something to do with different ground levels for the bass shaker amp and the sound card. A simple filter with galvanic separation fixed the problem and now the bass shakers are silent. Until they start shaking, of course ;)

I wonder if this might have been my problem with the JetSeat as well..?

Hi T_oll,

if I recall correctly you were that guy who rebuild his KW-908 Jetseat an published the pics on DCS forums?

I think I also saw your comment regarding the stall buffet at mudspike website. I think it should not worked like you depicted it. In general it worked as you wanted it to work, according to your pictures again. But I don't know what was wrong in your particular case. May be you have mistaken some other effect for a stall.

Regarding the electrical whining noise. I think that's a common case for electric DC brush motors when they are running at low power. Well, there may be some more or less whining, depending on the motors and the electronics which controls them. Could you please provide some audio recording of that noise so I could be able to judge more accurately?

Edited by Andre
16 minutes ago, Andre said:

that guy who rebuild his KW-908 Jetseat an published the pics on DCS forums?

Yes, that was me! :)

16 minutes ago, Andre said:

I think I also saw your comment regarding the stall buffet at mudspike website.

Probably me as well. We had a discussion about it, back then. The way I felt the buffet was like a short vibration loop that repeated itself. I don’t think the G-force had a separate effect then..? It works really well with the buffet, in my new setup, anyway.

17 minutes ago, Andre said:

Could you please provide some audio recording of that noise

I’m not using my JetSeat anymore. But I still have it... I have also got a new computer since then. Maybe I should try and hook it up with my bass shaker setup? Could be fun! :)

One of my favourite citation from SimShaker software User Guide is as below:

The main idea here is that you can use both JetSeat and bass-shaker(s) in conjunction, getting more distinctive FXs, since JetSeat and bass-shakers have different vibration patterns. To achieve the best sensation results I would recommend you to "route" (by Gain sliders) some FXs to the JetSeat, some FXs to the bass-shaker(s), and some to both devices.

Of course, good results may be achieved either with the JetSeat or the bass-shaker(s).

• Like 1