Opinion only:

If you're just using it for gaming they are great. if yo plan on using it for other tasks the benefits decrease. When I was faced with the decision I ultimately chose a large flat screen since I do mechanical design and drafting. For those tasks, curved screens can distort straight lines which is irritating.

I ended up with a 43" 4K monitor. Love it.

I use a Dell U3415W monitor (34", 3440x1440) and I like it for IL-2 and other games. I have yet to see any downsides with my monitor. 

I have the Acer Predator X34p and I think it's amazing. So far it's been great for flight sims and other games.

Thanks guys. Right now I use a 43”TCI 4K tv, just wondering if the monitor would be a better way to go.

S! 

Using Asus P349Q 34" curved screen at 3440*1440/120Hz. IPS panel too. Very nice for gaming. 

Currently running 38” Acer 3840 x 1600 75hz monitor. For my use a good balance for gaming and development. Prior to that I was running a curved 55” tv which in some regards was better for gaming but a really poor compromise for productivity and development. 

I got a curved ultrawide monitor.  I highly recommend getting an ultra wide for extra peripheral vision.