Han

Game version 4.004 discussion: Pz.Kpfw.V, Rheinland additions, 4K for Yak-1 s.69

13 minutes ago, 90th_TALLY said:

please correct the G overload in FC.

What is wrong with G , do FC pilots have different threshold sensitivity for pulling or pushing Gs? 

You can measure G in tacview and compare if same amount of G in ww2 crate  make you start feeling the G effect in ww1 kite. For sure you can't pull same instantaneous Gs in old crate because you will break plane structure but prolonged 4Gs should make you start loosing vision in both planes.

Edited by 1PL-Husar-1Esk
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SCG_Wulfe said:

I absolutely feel this way. And don't take that as me knocking the g-force modeling. I think it is very well done. But wow I miss flying early war which gives more wiggle room for spectacular dogfights. Late war is much more boom and zoom focused. Seems like everyone is still so excited to fly late war that it's by far the most prevalent era on popular servers. 

Is this because a large percentage of online flyers are American (at least in my timezone) and as america entered the war late, naturally they are interested in flying their part of the conflict which was not early war in europe/eastern front. I do however prefer the early war stuff. Gives me more time to think and yes, takes blackouts out of the equation a bit. 1941 is my favourite year. P40e vs f4's and zeros. Just need a desert map and new ginea and ill be in heaven.

Edited by TWC_Benno
  • Upvote 3

13 new airfields on Rheinland map:

Le Culot East (Y-10), Kluis (B-91), Mill (B-89), Helmond (B-86), Amsterdam-Schiphol (B-97), Arnhem-Deelen, Soesterberg, Strassfeld,  Strassfeld 2 - Odendorf, Hilversum, Diest (B-64)
Nivelles (B-75), Bierset–Liege (A-93)

Wow, that is really great!
Would it be possible to make some additional spawn points in QMB? I would love to start near Amsterdam and have a dogfight over the Ijsselmeer for example.
The Arnhem area also saw a lot of action in the air during 1944.

AI improvements
10. Ground attack aircraft won't hit the ground when engaging a target with rockets and guns in a tight formation;
11. AI-controlled B-25 starts the engines correctly;
12. AI fighters attempt Immelman maneuver only if they have enough speed;
13. AI fighters open fire more aggressively;
14. AI pilots keep formation on large maps much better;

Just had 1 vs 1 dogfight in QMB and it is getting harder than before. Really great work by the devs.

On the other hand, attacking a formation of B-25 or sturmoviks still needs some improvements.
The AI 109's & 190's with ace skills still attack the bombers from six O'clock and get shot down like sitting ducks.
Aren't they supposed to attack the bombers from different positions? For example Head ons and diving from above?

On 1/21/2020 at 8:20 PM, Autobahnmeister said:

Will small farms be added to the Rheinland map? Small cities? 

Ships, boats and barges would also be much appreciated.

• Upvote 8

I don't know what you 've done guys but my performance gains are phenomenal both MP and SP thank you very much for your work! 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

Yes, it is much better now with stutters. Still not perfect but a huge improvement in a right direction. I made post about it in technical part of the forum.

+1 Much better performance on new map!

Thanks for the update. Aside from the P51 skin bug which has been posted in this thread, I’m seeing trees spin around which is something that was previously fixed I believe. I posted a screenshot here:

This update has been great! Thanks a lot developers, the performance now is superb even in multiplayer. I have finally unlocked the frames again and enjoying the sim at 120+ fps is glorious.

20 часов назад, =VARP=Tvrdi сказал:

Still not perfect but a huge improvement in a right direction.

"Perfection goal that changes"

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Trooper117 said:

'The Man' I followed for years!

As did we all, it was a sad day when he went to do other things, thankfully we still have a dedicated team with a new man at the helm fighting our corner so there is a future in this genre and it should be able to carry on.;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Great job!  Very many thanks, especially for:

8. Brightness and size of very distant aircraft LODs made more uniform (it differed too much on some aircraft);

9. Added initial support for SimShaker to be used in conjunction with JetSeats and other audio powered feedback devices.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

I can't wait to see how this new support for SimShaker will affect my Buttkicker 2

I recently started reading the book "Spearhead" by Adam Makos; after reading about being in a Panther one this is perfect timing to get it.

Hey Devs, 

I only had time to play with the new patch last night but I wanted to say the AI improvements are wonderful. 

Thank you all.

• Like 2

Love the work 1C does! The commitment and constant improvements are treats! Keep it up

• Like 1

There is an improvement regarding the visibility of contacts.

Unfortunately we have not yet returned to the level of visibility before the 4.0 update.

I hope it will be done next time.

Looks like many great improvements! That said, I am curious about the aspect of having defined re-arming/ refueling locations or being able to set such locations at the various airports.   I have yet to encounter a re-arming/ re-fueling point in Bodenplatte which would open the possibility of multi-sortie missions in single player mode or to find a tool to designate these locations where the wonderful ground graphics show stockpiles of bombs under canopy of camouflage netting.

Any planned feature additions in this regard would be greatly appreciated !!

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, H_Stiglitz said:

@OBT-Lionel unlikely that it changes soon, read here:

What I don't understand, why did they modify something that worked well ???

For me it remains a mystery ...

9 minutes ago, OBT-Lionel said:

What I don't understand, why did they modify something that worked well ???

People complained about the 10km „bubble“ too, so that‘s that. People are never happy with the current state, no matter what the state really is.

one of lifes mysteries i guess ;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 242sqdnd_bader_242sqdn said:

Looks like many great improvements! That said, I am curious about the aspect of having defined re-arming/ refueling locations or being able to set such locations at the various airports.   I have yet to encounter a re-arming/ re-fueling point in Bodenplatte which would open the possibility of multi-sortie missions in single player mode or to find a tool to designate these locations where the wonderful ground graphics show stockpiles of bombs under canopy of camouflage netting.

Any planned feature additions in this regard would be greatly appreciated !!

I have asked myself this question several times. Why does the development team invest all this work with RRR and why don't they build it right away into the career mode or the QMB? For example in larger air bases.

Edited by Grancesc
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Grancesc said:

I have asked myself this question several times. Why does the development team invest all this work with RRR and why don't they build it right away into the career mode or the QMB? For example in larger air bases.

I see no reason why RRR would be used in SP, so no suprise for me.

22 minutes ago, CountZero said:

So little imagination?
- Dangerous missions where higher aircraft agility e.g. with less fuel and more weapons is necesary
- indirect target approaches with stopovers
- multi-sortie missions
- round flights (navigation training)
- or just for fun and the immersive feeling

1 hour ago, CountZero said:

Intercept missions against multiple waves of planes? Land quickly for more ammo before the second wave arrives. Sounds fun to me

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, =621=Samikatz said:

Intercept missions against multiple waves of planes? Land quickly for more ammo before the second wave arrives. Sounds fun to me

Yeah that would be pretty neat.

Still not fixed bug with german sdkfz251-szf - today i add this unit in stable working 12 hour mission, for test, and see nothing changes since 4.002, dserver.exe down then this unit appear in mission.

Edited by NHK295M

With this latest patch I noticed that the AI is having problems during take off, at least on the BoBP map.

Here is what happens:

I'm currently flying a career with I/JG2 (FW190-A8) from Merzhausen airfield. Very often, the AI pilot assigned flight leader has trouble taking off. It appears the planes engine keeps cutting in and out. Then the plane, while still on the ground, starts circling around it's own axis until the gear breaks down. Restarting the misson with the same AI pilot in lead seems to be getting same result. Putting another AI pilot in lead then sometimes works, sometimes not. I have the impression this issue is limited to the flight leader AI. The rest of the pilots seems to be doing fine.

Could that have something to do with the new AI routine where the flight leader, after taking off, keeps circling until the whole flight has assembled?

On the positive side, AI formation flying has improved greatly! Well done, devs! 

Oh, and I absolutely LOVE the Panther! :cool:

After the new Update the "I can't shoot my guns" bug appeared again.😐 The bug was fixed a long time ago I remember and it is here again. I reported it in Technical Issues and Bug Reports in the Multiplayer thread. Would be so nice if you Devs could fix that bug again.😄

Hello All,

This new update eliminated the micro pauses, and a slight increase in  frame rate. 

8 hours ago, JG4_Nutella said:

After the new Update the "I can't shoot my guns" bug appeared again.😐 The bug was fixed a long time ago I remember and it is here again. I reported it in Technical Issues and Bug Reports in the Multiplayer thread. Would be so nice if you Devs could fix that bug again.😄

Did it happen on Wings of Liberty?

In the quick mission and the career on the Rhineland map, artillery and anti-aircraft guns destroyed by German aircraft are not counted in the evaluation of the mission. The screenshot shows the result after 2 destroyed atillery and 2 destroyed anti-aircraft guns.
The error does not occur with Allied aircraft.

Ergebnis.jpg

On 1/26/2020 at 6:34 AM, ShamrockOneFive said:

Did it happen on Wings of Liberty?

It happend on Wings of Liberty and Combat Box.

any news on fixing the awful state of visibility in the game? 

1 minute ago, gimpy117 said:

any news on fixing the awful state of visibility in the game? 

Relevant commentary in this thread, from Jason.

On 1/22/2020 at 3:09 PM, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

What is wrong with G , do FC pilots have different threshold sensitivity for pulling or pushing Gs? 

You can measure G in tacview and compare if same amount of G in ww2 crate  make you start feeling the G effect in ww1 kite. For sure you can't pull same instantaneous Gs in old crate because you will break plane structure but prolonged 4Gs should make you start loosing vision in both planes.

Many people feel the Gs are too sensitive in the WW1 sim.  I have many hours in T-37 jets (at a younger age) and understand well what 3-4 G load does.  I have also flown several bi-planes, you should not get the black out (as experience in game with the Camel) every time you pull out of a small dive.  I've never experienced these g-loadings in the stearman which is faster and can pull more Gs than the CAMEL.

these are my thoughts.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, 90th_TALLY said:

Many people feel the Gs are too sensitive in the WW1 sim.  I have many hours in T-37 jets (at a younger age) and understand well what 3-4 G load does.  I have also flown several bi-planes, you should not get the black out (as experience in game with the Camel) every time you pull out of a small dive.  I've never experienced these g-loadings in the stearman which is faster and can pull more Gs than the CAMEL.

these are my thoughts.

Camel has very sensitive pitch and when you do almost 90 degree bank angle turn resulting in spiral dive because it can't sustain horizontal turn  , you still think it's not enough big centrifugal force to make you black out ?

On 1/21/2020 at 6:49 PM, SCG_ErwinP said:

Did you test it?

I have once or twice in MP, I actually havent noticed any differences... now that might also be my internet or my PC so idk. 

@Jason_Williams 

What about "Ingame messages" - move this option from game settings to realism? It is possible in next updates?

For offline players - they can choose own realism options, for online players - they choose server where to play. 

Technical and tips - it is realism option, not interface, this my opinion.

Spoiler

ElIm2Zk.jpg

Edited by NHK295M
  • Upvote 1