Game version 4.004 discussion: Pz.Kpfw.V, Rheinland additions, 4K for Yak-1 s.69

17 minutes ago, Kataphrakt said:

I wonder if the Panther will have its engine lifespan simulated similar to what is currently done for aircraft. Completely destroying it if operated too heavily for too long to discourage players from always using max throttle. 🤔

The thing should flame up after 15 min randomly due to leakage in the gas line and other malfunctions.

33. Daimler M1914 FlaK 77/L27 and Thornycroft J-type 13pdr AA shells appear in the correct place ().

I've shot up a fair few but not taken the time to admire them up close. Is this referring to ammunition on the models or bursts in the air?

Cheers for the update also. Carry on the good work.

Edited by Oliver88

Just played on Combat Box on the new map and things were very smooth. Keep in mind, there were only 6 people on server, but the new map used to stutter for me no matter what. From very limited testing, I can say the MP stutter has improved.

Thank you to the dev's for all their hard work!

5 minutes ago, sevenless said:

The thing should flame up after 15 min randomly due to leakage in the gas line and other malfunctions.

Considering the final drive only had a lifespan of about 5 hours at full speed that seems generous compared to most of the engine limitations imposed on aircraft...

Just now, Kataphrakt said:

Considering the final drive only had a lifespan of about 5 hours at full speed that seems generous compared to most of the engine limitations imposed on aircraft...

Some enlightening stuff here:

Kursk 1943: A Statistical Analysis

von Anders Frankson, Niklas Zetterling

https://books.google.de/books?id=qdr9AQAAQBAJ&pg=PA178&lpg=PA178&dq=panther+kursk+technical+deficiencies&source=bl&ots=HVl37lBNau&sig=ACfU3U0IC_OYrS4x0cap_A8mBavZXgeAOg&hl=de&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwigrN3TkZXnAhWNKVAKHe_zCMEQ6AEwAHoECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q=panther kursk technical deficiencies&f=false

Thanks devs for the work.

Please improve:

1) Long distance smoke effects visibility.

2) Smoke persistence.

3) Improve the airplanes position lights. They are absolutely ridiculously big and bright when seen from far, in daylight and night. 

• Upvote 1

The Panther is great, t(h)ank you very much! :D

Is there any schedule for the quick mission generator for Tank Crew that lets us choose the AI tanks we want to have as opponents and allies?

Right now, you can't have most of the tanks specifically made for Tank Crew as AI-controlled enemies or allies in QMB which is a bit of a pity, as these vehicles all look great  and perform excellently.

Being able to choose and customize them like aircraft would be superb!

Edited by airacobrafan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Jason_Williams said:

7. Updated texture cache system, it should reduce stutters in heavy load MP missions significantly;

Let me clarify this a little bit. We think this will help with online stutters, but further testing with the public build will be key. It seemed to perform pretty well in Beta, but MP Beta testing is not so easy with a smaller group.

Jason

Thank you very much for this update! Now I can play multiplayer matches again. Now there are only a few stutters in multiplayer.
This update performed a small miracle on my computer. Well done! 🙂

Greetings to the team

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, platypus65 said:

Would love to know more SimShaker support. This is exciting news!

https://eu.realteus.com/blogs/news/simshaker-for-aviators-new-gaming-compatibilities

• Like 1

I thank you, more is always better, not always like in case of punishment, but in this game it is. And I thank the dev team for their great and continuous job. More airfields equal more chances to survival.

This game\simulation is phenomenal. Thanks for all your efforts.  :salute:  😄

Great update. For me as a multiplayer server admin and map maker, this is a 10/10 update. Performance fixes for multiplayer, visual map improvements on Rhineland, and new airfield options so we can build even more missions. Yay!

• Upvote 5
10 minutes ago, jcomm-il2 said:

17. P-51, P-47 and P-39 have correct trimmer animations;

what exactly does it mean ?  Have the trims been fine tunned so that we no longer run out of picth trim in landing configuration on some aircraft like the p51 and the p41?

Trim tabs moved incorrectly - the trim worked correctly but the trim tab operation were reversed. Could be seen most obviously on the rudder if you looked at it

• Like 1

On Andre's Blog simshaker wings is the only software dedicated to IL2 great battles ...

But for owners of the Forcefeel / Realteus no compatibility is shown 😭

Only Simshaker wheels support realteus and simshaker for aviators ( for other flight sims ) 

I want simshaker compatibility with Realteus 

Andre please .... 

2 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

7. Updated texture cache system, it should reduce stutters in heavy load MP missions significantly;

Let me clarify this a little bit. We think this will help with online stutters, but further testing with the public build will be key. It seemed to perform pretty well in Beta, but MP Beta testing is not so easy with a smaller group.

Jason

Seems it worked!

40 players online, Combat box, in VR i always had stutters there especially over the cities with fps drop while taxing on ground.

Now i have stable 79-80fps on ground and in air, stutters gone (barely noticable, maybe had 2-3 over city).

8. Plane LODs seems also way better, by miles better!

Perfect start for 2020, thank you!

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, Alonzo said:

Great update. For me as a multiplayer server admin and map maker, this is a 10/10 update. Performance fixes for multiplayer, visual map improvements on Rhineland, and new airfield options so we can build even more missions. Yay!

I am probably not alone in this observation, but as I was reading through the list of improvements and saw those very things, most notably the attempt to mitigate performance issues in MP with the Rheinland map, I was immediately struck by the role that CombatBox very likely played in calling attention to the need for that specific improvement.  In hindsight, that'd be expected since CB is arguably the most popular MP server.  Most importantly it demonstrates how the content-development community's efforts are symbiotic with the efforts of the platform development teams.   

Well done to both!

Time to re-connect my Simseat me thinks 😁.  Excellent news.

Can someone from the Dev's give us a little more information about getting it working and what forces to expect ?

Edited by HagarTheHorrible

I'm definitely looking forward to trying the simshaker interface. until now I've been using a home built shaker driven just by the game sound. I'm hoping this feature will allow better tuning.

• Han unpinned this topic