CountZero

Tech Chat - engine time recovered and engine time exceeded

As it was recomended to me i post this here

There is bug in game tech chat for messages regarding engine emergency/combat/boosted mode time exceeded and engine emergency/combat/boosted mode time recovered messages when option Instrument panel is turned OFF. This is ONLY tech chat messages out of 4206.9 of them , that are tied to this option as that Instrument panel like its described in game is just for instruments has nothing to do with tech chat. So its clear bug.

CSZeeOJ.png

The way engine timers work in this game its important for player to be informed when exactly time run out or got recovered.

Tech chat messages show less important things then this on all Realisam settings and because of this bug they dont show this important things on all Realisam settings.

If timers need to be this strick in game then player should be properly informed about them by game. Like it is in numerous other cases when he is informed by tech chat about things he cant see or feel, as hes playing game and not in real plane.

Edited by CountZero

I don't like seeing any tech chat messages, so I'm also going to state that seeing something like "engine emergency/combat/boosted mode time exceeded and engine emergency/combat/boosted mode time recovered messages" is even less desirable for me and makes the simulator feel less like a simulator and more like a game.

I'm fine with this "bug fix", assuming they also make all of the tech chat notifications a server configurable difficulty option at the same time so that servers that want this option can set it.

I suspect that it was intentionally set this way though, and not a bug.

Edited by =EXPEND=Tripwire
  • Confused 1

You have option to turn of tech chat on any realisam settings so why is problem for players like you that tech chatis with all wking messages. To me its clear that this is bug as its tied to realisam option that has nothing to do with it. ts like me saying to guy how wonts better icons that i dont play with icons so i belive all is ok with icons.

If you wont ALL tach chat or SOME tech chat to be realisam option for server to be turned on or off i dont have any problems with that, and i sugest opening new suggestion topic recomending this to devs (probably one already exists as more then few players wont no techchat) s not about that. This is about only this messages from 6942.0 tech messages that dont work as planed. And for players with low dexterity like me that cant play this game without tech chat messages that game have by default displayed on all realisam settings its big problem that i cant fined way around and my expiriance with game is heavy impacted by lack of this bug fix. While you can play how you wont by just turning off all tech chat mesages.

Edited by CountZero

2 hours ago, CountZero said:

You have option to turn of tech chat on any realisam settings so why is problem for players like you that tech chatis with all wking messages.

Because having tech chat on provides one pilot with an advantage over another that chooses to have it off. Options like that are usually controlled server side so that people that prefer not having game aids on, aren't flying against those that are.

Edited by =EXPEND=Tripwire

8 hours ago, =EXPEND=Tripwire said:

I don't like seeing any tech chat messages, so I'm also going to state that seeing something like "engine emergency/combat/boosted mode time exceeded and engine emergency/combat/boosted mode time recovered messages" is even less desirable for me and makes the simulator feel less like a simulator and more like a game.

I'm fine with this "bug fix", assuming they also make all of the tech chat notifications a server configurable difficulty option at the same time so that servers that want this option can set it.

I suspect that it was intentionally set this way though, and not a bug.

I don't like tech chat messages either, but until they come up with a better engine model not tied to artificial timers, I think they need to fix this so we can see when engine time is exceeded.

Edited by Legioneod

21 hours ago, =EXPEND=Tripwire said:

Because having tech chat on provides one pilot with an advantage over another that chooses to have it off.

I really don't want to be picky, but it's equivalent to saying that shooting at the enemy provides one pilot with an advantage over another that chooses not to shoot at the enemy. :cool: