Sign in to follow this  
Marvel

Disabling permanently WIN+Y on VR

Hi guys, there is a way to disabling permanently the WIN+Y function on VR? It is very annoyng and during the game I must hit ctrl+alt+canc to disabling it.

Thanks for your help.

Ciao!

M

• Upvote 1

I use a Logitech G513 keyboard, which allows me to disable buttons individually.

Just out of curiousity, since WIN+Y has no function in my German Win10 Pro, what does it do for you?

It disabling the mouse. So I must to hit ctrl+alt+canc to return on the keyboard, then I press win+Y to re-enabling the mouse and then I close the ctrl+alt+canc windows to return to the game...

Disabling win+y I would avoid all of this....

Ciao!

M

Ah, that is the function of "windows mixed reality".  I remember, had the Odyssey.

Solved it by putting a little tape sticker over the proximity sensor in the headset.

It would never change on its own then. It's still available, but all in your control.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for suggestion mate! But...where can I found the headset proximity sensor? 😬

Ciao!

M

ha ha ... yes it's true! I found it. As you suggested, it works great! Once disabled at the beginning, it never reappears. Thanks mate!

• Upvote 1

For me it was soooo annyoing for months that the blue message window with the Win + Y message was popping up all the time, disabling my keyboard and mouse at the same time.

To get rid of that shit I changed the settings in Windows Mixed Reality Settings under "Headset Display" from "Use Windows Mixed Reality presence sensor" to the option "Use Windows logo key + Y"

Thank god, from now on my Reverb does not pop up that annoying message all the time, disabling my mouse and keyboard.

If you don´t understand what I mean, check the video from the guy above from the 5:04 Minute marker. NO NEED to download that EXE.file as he explains in his video.

Edited by spitfirejoe

Thanks for your replies and suggestions guys!

Ciao!

M

• Like 1

On 2/2/2020 at 5:34 AM, spitfirejoe said:

For me it was soooo annyoing for months that the blue message window with the Win + Y message was popping up all the time, disabling my keyboard and mouse at the same time.

To get rid of that shit I changed the settings in Windows Mixed Reality Settings under "Headset Display" from "Use Windows Mixed Reality presence sensor" to the option "Use Windows logo key + Y"

Thank god, from now on my Reverb does not pop up that annoying message all the time, disabling my mouse and keyboard.

If you don´t understand what I mean, check the video from the guy above from the 5:04 Minute marker. NO NEED to download that EXE.file as he explains in his video.

They must have fixed it, but when I went into settings to change this it did not work.  Glad its fixed now

Edited by capt_nasties
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, capt_nasties said:

They must have fixed it, but when I went into settings to change this it did not work.  Glad its fixed now

YES, they seemed to fix it. Thanks very much for your Video, that helped. I am soooo happy that it works now without disturbing.

Edited by spitfirejoe