I know you guys get asked this question every hour on the hour , so now it is my turn. I have been playing IL2 from the beginning, and stepped away from it for years. Now that I can afford to buy some cool stuff to play this awesome game here goes. I built my own computer just for this game. Intel 7 8700K , Gigibyte 1060ti, ASUS Motherboard Z370-All, My joy stick is a MSFF, CH Pedals, 2 Logitech quads, Tracker IR5 with Pro head gear and aTCI 40" TV monitor. Now the TV I have is on game mode.It is a new model TV 4K. I really have a hard time seeing planes, I am sort of getting that the Gamma setting is critical (?). Along with the BoS graphic settings, are there Nivida settings I should use? Should I over clock? I seem to get screen tearing (Which I really don't care about, cause when you have a 109 on your butt...) I have FiOS internet conn and I use Ethernet connection. So I believe I have even enough info, where to begin? I watch and watch the YouTube Vids and go crazy on these wonderful Graphics I see. Your help and opinions are much appreciated. And like always the picture in my profile is of my Father who was in the Polish Air Force during the Blitz, joined the French Air Force (That lasted about a day) was a POW in Syria freed by the British and joined The RAF, He was an electrician not pilot. Thanks. 

There is a lot of talk on this site about spotting/ seeing planes.

Now i am certainly not an expert on the matter, but i tried some different settings from people here.

Have you looked inside the forum? THere is really a lot of info.
I have not tried installing other software like sweetFX yet, which i believe was also mentioned to improve the graphics.

I am not sure wether in my case it was a change of settings or me just getting used to the sim, but my time certainly has improved.

And i also compensate myself by flying lower than other planes, so they stand out better against the sky.

Other things that helped me were trying not to shake my plane too much while spotting or simply zooming in the view.

I also move my head forward (TrackIR user here) so i get a wider view through the front window, getting rid of the cockpit bars a bit.

Personally i only have 23 hours into it and i am finally getting really used to the TrackIR. I move my head around a lot and that helped me bigtime.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, dukethejuke said:

I know you guys get asked this question every hour on the hour , so now it is my turn. I have been playing IL2 from the beginning, and stepped away from it for years. Now that I can afford to buy some cool stuff to play this awesome game here goes. I built my own computer just for this game. Intel 7 8700K , Gigibyte 1060ti, ASUS Motherboard Z370-All, My joy stick is a MSFF, CH Pedals, 2 Logitech quads, Tracker IR5 with Pro head gear and aTCI 40" TV monitor. Now the TV I have is on game mode.It is a new model TV 4K. I really have a hard time seeing planes, I am sort of getting that the Gamma setting is critical (?). Along with the BoS graphic settings, are there Nivida settings I should use? Should I over clock? I seem to get screen tearing (Which I really don't care about, cause when you have a 109 on your butt...) I have FiOS internet conn and I use Ethernet connection. So I believe I have even enough info, where to begin? I watch and watch the YouTube Vids and go crazy on these wonderful Graphics I see. Your help and opinions are much appreciated. And like always the picture in my profile is of my Father who was in the Polish Air Force during the Blitz, joined the French Air Force (That lasted about a day) was a POW in Syria freed by the British and joined The RAF, He was an electrician not pilot. Thanks. 

Welcome back my friend to the show that never ends!

Maybe you should have a look at this wonderful topic - I'm sure you will find a lot of information and suggestions that will help you.

Take your time and have a good read. @Geronimo553 did a great job! Thanks by the way, mate!

Cheerio

• Thanks 2