JG1_Butzzell

Flanders in Flames Winter campaign 2020

I think that beans have a completely different effect, for sure the plane will fly even faster, and will not stop in the air ūüôā

It looks like this broken tree only looks short, but actually has a full height, like a physical object

Edited by emely
  • Haha 1

Salute all

A short clip of Flanders in Flames where on the 22nd day of the 2nd month, 2 friendly members of J2 and me saw a 2 seater low over the mud crossing our lines. We engaged and he went down after a brave fight, sadly we lost a Camel to groundfire and my engine was shot to pieces by the Halberstadt.

cheers

Edited by Daedallus
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Hi All,

The scores for Session A4 have been posted:

https://forum.jg1.org/topic/7637-fif-2020-winter-campaign-session-a4-saturday-22-february-2020/

Great job to the Blue Team, who've come out with a win for Phase A.

Don't worry Red Team, Phase B starts next week!

See you all next Saturday!

Edited by Stab/JG1_Klaiber

What Klaiber was trying to say....ahem, cough, cough.....

Awesome job Blue team!  Score for session four was 23 Blue to 6 Red.  Blue team conquers Phase A!

Red team is licking its wounds.

Next week starts Phase B.      Blue team is Central and Red team is Entente  with minor change in plane numbers.

Update

S! All

One minor change     ....  maybe. 

I have a new practice map. Looks the same but I adjusted the hit points on trucks.  Famous last words..... you should be able to kill trucks with machine guns.  I am afraid it is going to take a while to get things working as expected.

• Thanks 2

Hi guys. Bought FC yesterday so I can participate in FIF and BA from now on. I'm currently traveling, but will get home Saturday morning in order to configure it and will do the inaugural flight right on FIF, I hope. 
Where do I sign? (I was a FIF and BA player on ROF, don't know if I need to sign up again to fly in FC?)

Cheers

Edited by jokerBR
  • Like 2

I have been away from all things Il-2 for a few months, but am keen to join FiF for phase B if thats still possible?

• Like 1

s!

Joker and Flashy

Both are still in Blue Team.  Blue team will be Central this Saturday and next.

You should have access to the Blue team area on the FiF boards.

Blue team uses J5 Team Speak.

Since this is  Flying Circus event it has a new stats page. You may want  to register at JG1 STATS

cya there.

Edited by JG1_Butzzell
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jokerBR said:

Hi guys. Bought FC yesterday so I can participate in FIF and BA from now on. I'm currently traveling, but will get home Saturday morning in order to configure it and will do the inaugural flight right on FIF, I hope. 
Where do I sign? (I was a FIF and BA player on ROF, don't know if I need to sign up again to fly in FC?)

Cheers

7 hours ago, Flashy said:

I have been away from all things Il-2 for a few months, but am keen to join FiF for phase B if thats still possible?

Welcome back Joker and Flashy, Glad you could make it!

Some changes in certain missions since the switch to FC, but get on our TS a little early and I'll try to get you sorted out.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 1:03 AM, Daedallus said:

Salute all

A short clip of Flanders in Flames where on the 22nd day of the 2nd month, 2 friendly members of J2 and me saw a 2 seater low over the mud crossing our lines. We engaged and he went down after a brave fight, sadly we lost a Camel to groundfire and my engine was shot to pieces by the Halberstadt.

cheers

Thanks for making this great video, I shall remember this patrol. :)

Hope you won't mind that I posted it in the Jasta's facebook page.¬†ūü§Ē

Edited by J2_Bidu
  • Like 2

Salute all

A short video from Flanders in flames called Barge bombing Bristols, at least I think that's what we called them.

cheers

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

S! All,

Hope everyone's doing great.

Session B2 Scores:

The scores for Session B2 have been posted:

https://forum.jg1.org/topic/7700-fif-2020-winter-campaign-session-b2-saturday-7-march-2020/

The teams were a little unbalanced, which is something that we're discussing.  But all in all, it seemed like a really fun session.

New Pilots joining FIF:

For anyone who has registered for FIF, but is not sure how to get started, just send me a PM @Stab/JG1_Klaiber.  I'm here to help.

The password for the server is always distributed on TeamSpeak prior to the mission launch.  So:

1. Make sure you know what team you're on.  Blue or Red.
  2. Make sure you have the right TS information for your Team.  This is extremely important.
  3. Make sure you have the right start time, so you don't miss anything.

Daylight Savings Time:

Speaking about the right time...

Please be aware that most of North America has now switched to Daylight Savings Time.  As a result, this shifts our start times slightly.

All FIF missions are now being held at 2PM EDT / 6PM UTC: https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?qm=1&lid=5128581,100&h=100&date=2020-3-14&sln=18-21

The event calendar has been updated: https://forum.jg1.org/topic/3010-flanders-in-flames-calendar/

Looking forward to seeing you all next week!

Edited by Stab/JG1_Klaiber
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

S! All

As Klaiber posted above please check times.  Personally I wish we would get rid off the whole daylight savings time thingie.

A brief update.

I think I have found why the totals page is not correct. I thought it was a function of counting the actual missions. The missions were being counted correctly. It was a link deep in the actual display array itself.  It  now works as expected.

There was a bug in  the Central HQ recon where it would sometimes display the HQ location incorrectly after the plane returned to base. There was a duplicate function that was fighting itself. The Central HQ mission now works as expected and the error is not reproduced.\\

There was a problem with people trying to get on server. Server was set for 70 players. Updated server for 90 players.

Edited by JG1_Butzzell
  • Thanks 2

Is the 14 March, B3 session going to count? Or the massive disconnection had such an effect that it would be not fair to count the results?

S! All

Due to big disco session three is not being counted. Blue team was practically wiped out of planes. Red team still had planes and Blue had some people still flying, so the session went to the end as something to do for fun and to test the scoring system.  It was fun and the tally system worked as expected.

We will move on to session 4 and not replay session 3. We do not run into time set for Bloody April.

The number of allowed players was set to 90. We had less than 60. There were no problems with people getting on the server but due to lower numbers it was not a real test.

• Upvote 1

If I knew that this was just a joke, and the result was not important, I would not kill these guys after landing.

• Like 3

The FIF 2020 "Winter Campaign" has officially come to an end!

After 8-weeks of bloody fighting, the Blue Team has emerged victorious!

Congratulations to everyone for an extremely well-fought and well-flown campaign.  Both teams adapted well to the new environment that Flying Circus offered.  And while there were a few technical snafus here and there, the overall experience was extremely enjoyable.

Should anyone have any suggestions on how FIF can be improved, definitely let Butzzell or I know.

As we pause now for Jasta 5's Bloody April, we've already started working on the next Campaign!  We'll share more details in May 2020.  Looking forward to flying with you all!

In the meantime, let us lift our glasses filled with our favorite libations and toast our virtual opponents.  Prost!  Salut!

To celebrate the conclusion of the Winter Campaign, here is the FIF campaign ribbon.

Blue for the Blue Team.

Large version:

FIF2020w_large.png?dl=0

Small version:

FIF2020w_small.png?dl=0

And as always, thank you to every pilot who flew!

Without your continued support, this tournament would not be able to function!

The scores for Session B4 are posted on the FIF forums.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 2

S! and thx for organising FiF, I had a great time and I know others did as well :pilot:

• Upvote 3

Thank you JG1 for organizing the campaign, thank you J5_Gamecock for leading the winning Blue Team, and thank to all participants from both teams for a well fought event.

Salute all!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Salute to everyone involved, looking forward for next tournament. Congrats to my fellow blues, I hope to be able to fly more missions next time.