Jump to content
JG1_Butzzell

Flanders in Flames Winter campaign 2020

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, JG1_Butzzell said:

Does the upper wing of the Alb look funny? A bit odd? Either no ailerons or are those flaps?

I didn’t even notice if you hadn’t written about it ;-).  The ailerons seem to be in place ... We found evidence - on Alb 5 there were flaps !!  :-)) Where are these game developers - let them fix it immediately!  :-)))))

IMG_7595.PNG

IMG_7596.PNG

p.s The event was very good today.  Many thanks to the organizers, teammates and opponents!  On the second take-off, my computer crashed, there was a disconnect, there is an error code.  Once it happened already, two weeks ago, but it didn’t repeat itself, I then decided that it was an accident ... I think this is a problem of my system, I will deal with it, but not today.  But it’s a pity that in this way I left our guys right before the attack on them ... Well, life is life, I consider this case as an engine failure for technical reasons (not combat losses) 😉

p.s. p.s

j5_Gamecock shot down 5 enemy aircraft on Alb 5 today!  He is worthy, if not Blue Max, then at least a large box of vodka!  ;-))) My applause 🙂

Edited by emely
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great show yesterday!

 

BTW I think you are using old mod stats server (stats 1.2.38 ) with a bug which make mission sortie end as shot down when mission time ends and you were in the air with some slight damage  like 0.1 % (in my case just some insignificant wings holes).
This logs are telling about this (my and from Sahaj) - we were both fine in the end but count as shot down in sortie logs.


http://stats.jg1.org:8000/en/sortie/log/9443/?tour=24

 

http://stats.jg1.org:8000/en/sortie/log/9444/?tour=24

 

 

 

They fixed it with version 1.4 

 

or just modifay report.py as CountZero is using"

 

Quote

if in "report.py" file in "def killed_by_damage(self, dmg_pct=0)" section, insted this 2 lines i added for mod:

            if not self.is_rtb:
                self.got_killed(force_by_dmg=True)

 

i use this:

            if self.sortie and not self.is_rtb:
                if not self.sortie.is_ended:
                    self.got_killed(force_by_dmg=True)

 

i get kills/shotdowns for damaged players when they disconect only, and i dont get kills/shotdown when players are damaged but in air at mission end like it was on thouse problematic missions when you run mod on server. I try my test missionsreports and all the ones you send me from your server and it seams all looks like it should from start now. Its late so ill do more test tomorow and recheck all sorties just to be sure it works ok now, and then update mod with fix.

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Statistics data, this is a convention, do not take it too seriously.  But if it is possible to rectify the situation with the shot down due to minor damage, then this would be nice.

 

According to statistics, yesterday I was able to hit the enemy 125 times without firing a single shot 🙂

IMG_7589.PNG

Edited by emely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

* This block may contain incorrect information, this is due to the errors in the game log.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

* This block may contain incorrect information, this is due to the errors in the game log.

Dude, there is such a thing as "humor" or "joke."  If you are not familiar with this, and you are interested in what it is, use Google and find out.  I can clearly see the inscription in red letters and understand its meaning, especially since I have a version in Russian 😉

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, emely said:

j5_Gamecock shot down 5 enemy aircraft on Alb 5 today!  He is worthy, if not Blue Max, then at least a large box of vodka!

 The Vodka would be welcome! (I finished all my Scotch shortly before flying this mission):biggrin:

 

drink.jpg

Edited by J5_Gamecock
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, emely said:

Statistics data, this is a convention, do not take it too seriously.  But if it is possible to rectify the situation with the shot down due to minor damage, then this would be nice.

 

According to statistics, yesterday I was able to hit the enemy 125 times without firing a single shot 🙂

IMG_7589.PNG

 

If you rearmed and flew again you will get this result.  If you fired 1 round  on the re fly your accuracy would be 12500%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salute all

 

This is a short video from Saturday 2nd Feb showing where J5 Gamecock earned a large part of his well deserved vodka reward, J5 Spyboy and me played the supporting role. I'm not sure how many Bristols there were, they seemed to be everywhere! 

 

 

cheers

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This one was crazy! I think we counted 7 as we approached, but it did feel like we had kicked a hornets nest once we were in :o:. I still cant believe we all made it home. The Vodka will be shared with you and Spyboy... You earned it!

 

 Great video Daedallus! 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daedallus said:

Salute all

 

This is a short video from Saturday 2nd Feb showing where J5 Gamecock earned a large part of his well deserved vodka reward, J5 Spyboy and me played the supporting role. I'm not sure how many Bristols there were, they seemed to be everywhere! 

 

S!  

 

Great video!  That really shows what FC is all about.  If you said you were going to set up a server with only Bristols and Albs, people would call you crazy. What looks bad on paper can be totally different in the air. Tons of fun.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, J5_Klugermann said:

 

If you rearmed and flew again you will get this result.  If you fired 1 round  on the re fly your accuracy would be 12500%

Klug, you are a genius !!!)) I remembered, I really did reload and refuel!  But the cabin repair was delayed, the inscription about it remained active.  Just in case, I went to a briefing, and took a new plane.  And yes, that's right, I returned my plane with full ammunition, so the bullet consumption was zero! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, J5_Gamecock said:

The Vodka will be shared with you and Spyboy... You earned it!

IMG_7605.thumb.JPG.e6f2d07ae3ef60248499978af589990a.JPG

🙂

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2020 at 7:00 PM, J5_Klugermann said:

Rearm/fuel was nearly instantaneous so it is almost impossible to refuel without getting a full tank. On the J5 server it can be titrated  although there are speed differences between Sizzlor's and Matt's maps.

 

Perhaps that is good so Camels can't fly at 10%.

In Dr.I it can be mitigated by climbing and cruising at fully rich mixture. In Camel... not so much :D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

S! All

 

We had some really great fights as shown by Daedallus in the video he posted. There were 59 players on the server at the same time.  The server was running an SPS that bounced between 49.9 and 50.1.  The tick delay was 11.2.

 

There was a problem in the Spy pick up mission. The practice server is up with three Central airfields in the rear of Entente territory. They are air start so people can quickly do specialty missions. If you want to restart the mission on the server you kill the balloon at the two seater base. When the server restarts the mission it takes almost 2 minutes to go through the target selection process. Wait a couple of minutes before spawning in. Please remember that  the special missions require the use of the plane named for that mission.  An HQ recon can not do a Trench Map recon mission. We dearly miss the RoF recon program done by AnKor.

 

FiF uses a limited plane set. The purpose is to make people remember that their life and plane are special. The overall goal is to have fun flying. Red team ran out of scout planes. The main reason for this is that they got shot down. Curse you Blue team! ( I was in that fight and made it out alive.) The other problem is that people are surviving crashes much easier than in RoF. In the past many people that were shot down died. Also as mentioned above we have more players in the session. It may take some time to figure out the appropriate number of planes. For now we want to keep people flying that can fly.  The plane availability is being increased by 6 planes for each side. We will see how this goes.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JG1_Butzzell said:

The plane availability is being increased by 6 planes for each side. We will see how this goes.

Entente lost planes faster also because of amount of coming pilots. If I am not mistaken, at start we had 30:20.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me RoF does not look inferior in any way compared to FC. In contrary, it has more WWI spirit and details. Plus more unique planes. I see no issue in flying the next campaign on RoF again.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that waiting can be frustrating but I liked the consequences of red team loosing it planes and render the aerodromes inactive for some time ,it added new dimension to the tactics and usefulness of scauts by weakening enemy protection of it's objectives and two-seaters. I saw it as additional realism and enhanced immersion IMHO. Unfortunately 1PL did not use it to the full potential because when we get there all aerodromes where already open again  and our two-seaters where attacked by near by taking off scouts.

Edited by 1PL-Husar-1Esk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2020 at 11:06 PM, 1PL-Sahaj-1Esk said:

For me RoF does not look inferior in any way compared to FC. In contrary, it has more WWI spirit and details. Plus more unique planes. I see no issue in flying the next campaign on RoF again.


Agreed. I could go either way, FC or RoF, but it would be nice to revisit the 'Old Sim' ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

On 2/3/2020 at 1:23 AM, emely said:

Klug, you are a genius !!!)) I remembered, I really did reload and refuel!  But the cabin repair was delayed, the inscription about it remained active.  Just in case, I went to a briefing, and took a new plane.  And yes, that's right, I returned my plane with full ammunition, so the bullet consumption was zero! 🙂

 

That's the rumor.  How do you think I get my accuracy above 2%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

 

The scores for Session A2 have been posted.

 

https://forum.jg1.org/topic/7594-fif-2020-winter-campaign-session-a2-saturday-8-february-2020/

 

The Blue Team is holding a good lead.  But we have two more sessions left in Phase A.  So anything can happen.

 

Next week, the Blue Team flies Entente and the Red Team flies Central.

 

See you all then!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a five-minute penalty after landing if the pilot did not go to the briefing and used the technical area for repairs and refueling?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, emely said:

Is there a five-minute penalty after landing if the pilot did not go to the briefing and used the technical area for repairs and refueling?

 

As far as I know: No!

Thats the good thing now: If you manage to land on a friendly field you are rewarded now by simply do the rearm and refuel (repair if needed) and are allowed to instantly take off again, as you did not finish the mission....

(well, only thing to consider: You cannot change the configuration... so that feature doesn't bring an advantage if you come back from a Reconflight and want to take off for a bombing run then as you cannot change your loadout).

 

To be on the save side: @JG1_Butzzell, can you confirm this please?

 

Edited by II./JG1_Etzel
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only guy who can repair but neither refuel nor rearm? It's got me puzzled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, J2_Bidu said:

Am I the only guy who can repair but neither refuel nor rearm? It's got me puzzled.

 

Check your keybindings. For refuel rcrtl+F and for rearm rctrl+A is default. It has to be rctrl, lctr doesn't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, J2_Bidu said:

Am I the only guy who can repair but neither refuel nor rearm? It's got me puzzled.

If i remember correctly repair is automatic where other need to be pressed by keys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

4 hours ago, emely said:

Is there a five-minute penalty after landing if the pilot did not go to the briefing and used the technical area for repairs and refueling?

 

Just now, II./JG1_Etzel said:

 

As far as I know: No!

Thats the good thing now: If you manage to land on a friendly field you are rewarded now by simply do the rearm and refuel (repair if needed) and are allowed to instantly take off again, as you did not finish the mission....

(well, only thing to consider: You cannot change the configuration... so that feature doesn't bring an advantage if you come back from a Reconflight and want to take off for a bombing run then as you cannot change your loadout).

 

To be on the save side: @JG1_Butzzell, can you confirm this please?

 

 

Rules were updated for FC features. Repair and Rearm were taken into account.

 

"If a pilot rearms and refuels their aircraft without despawning, they may take off again as soon as their aircraft has been readied by the ground crew.  They do not need to take the 5-minute timeout."

 

If you have tried refuel on the FiF server you know it is almost an instant refill.  I am trying to make it slower so you can mange your fuel load.

 

Results for session 2 are posted here.  The Entente total did not show on the totals screen. The other screens were correct. Score was 17 Central and 16 Entente. The combined totals for session one and two are Blue team 40 and Red team 30.

 

A problem with the Entente HQ recon was identified and corrected.

 

The practice server is up with air start bases in enemy territory so you can get to target areas quickly. If you want to restart the server, kill the balloon at a two seater base. It is highly recommended that if you are doing a specialty mission such as Spy, General or recon, that you practice these missions.

 

For the next session we switch sides. Blue team is Entente and Red team is Central.

Edited by JG1_Butzzell
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

If i remember correctly repair is automatic where other need to be pressed by keys.

 

Exactly. Pressing the keys does not work for me, even when the plane has already been repaired, which I presume excludes me from being at the wrong spot. I have attempted redifining the keys, to no avail.

4 hours ago, J99_Sizzlorr said:

 

Check your keybindings. For refuel rcrtl+F and for rearm rctrl+A is default. It has to be rctrl, lctr doesn't work.

Yeah, I did try that. And to avoid confusions I assigned Page Up to it (removing other assignments) and still it didn't work.

Edited by J2_Bidu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did turn off your engine and are you close enough to the truck? Technochat will tell you when you are in the service area... I suggest to go back to the default key bindings and try it again.

Edited by J99_Sizzlorr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rear refuel default keys are at the bottom of the FiF mission description in game: "Re-Arm, Re-Fuel is available at airfields. You must stop engine. Stock keys are Rcontrol+A for arming and Rcontrol+F for fuel. Press once to start and again to stop. Rear gunners are NOT rearmed. Plane is automatically repaired."

 

Unfortunately I have not figured out how to slow down refuel. At this time, it loads full fuel in under 1 second.

 

I have tried stock settings, changed settings, changed coalitions, changed my shorts, nothing works.

Edited by JG1_Butzzell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JG1_Butzzell said:

 

Unfortunately I have not figured out how to slow down refuel. At this time, it loads full fuel in under 1 second.

Yes, there is a small problem, but do not make it very important.  There are other servers where the refueling is slower, but do not care about this difference - for FiF so far - or refueling 100, or do not refuel at all, or lose 5 minutes.  Not many people live to refuel at all, so I see no reason for concern.

5 hours ago, J2_Bidu said:

 

Yeah, I did try that. And to avoid confusions I assigned Page Up to it (removing other assignments) and still it didn't work.

I had such a moment at Flugpark, I drove around the truck for a long time, but when I drove to it from the back side, then I saw an inscription in the chat "technical zone" On FiF this inscription appeared a kilometer from the hangars 😉 In theory, this  everything should work in a “quick departure”. Another option, why it doesn’t work, is landing on an inactive field.

To date, the practical benefit of this feature is that the player can get repairs and fuel at any friendly airport.  For example - a fighter on the field of bombers.  In RoF, in this case, if you do not reach your field, the plane was considered lost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salute all

 

A short video from round 3, I wish it could have been longer:hunter:

 

 

cheers

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Daedallus said:

Salute all

 

A short video from round 3, I wish it could have been longer:hunter:

 

In vain did you take a box with explosives into the flight, and even smoked cigars while sitting on it))

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Daedallus said:

A short video from round 3, I wish it could have been longer:hunter:

Bad luck that!

Those aa guys need to settle down a bit and stop shootin at anything that flies!

It's like going hunting with Dick Cheney.:hunter:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, I cannot show anything more interesting from this session.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, emely said:

Unfortunately, I cannot show anything more interesting from this session.

 Actually, that was very interesting.  Unlucky yes, but interesting none the less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...