Sign in to follow this  
Mummy

Extreme 3d pro

Hello Fellow pilots, I was just wondering. Will I have trouble playing Il-2 sturmovik battle of stalingrad, now i'm thinking if I have someone in my tail, will it be hard to fly using just the joystick as camera, and steering? you know on the top of the joystick, I can use that as a camera. I have done that in Il-2 cliff of dover, and I found it really difficult to both use it as camera movement. Beacuse I don't have very long fingers, and to steer with.

You mean keeping track of the enemy aircraft?

If so, then yes you can set the coolie for that. Mouse is also possible.

Some  headtracking device like Track IR would be ideal.

I have the logitech extreme 3d pro, and using its hat switch for camera view is a pain as with any other joystick. Paning view is best used for fine viewing such as the combo of that with zoom in and out to indentify targets at a distance. In a dogfight panning is a little clunky and slow and best to use the snap view points thats much quicker to switch to and from views. I usually leave it on panning cause thats what I use the most and I would say it will get you by but best way to go is with something designed for that, like Bando suggested.

I have the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro but I use TrackIR5 for my head movements. I highly recommend buying one. I bought it for playing Arma 2 but now that I've gotten into flying games, I see what it was really meant for!

Edited by Acesopro