"Pack 171" missions & campaigns

TIGRE88

Stevie777

Can anyone with the Steam version of the game please tell me where to place the folder "radio" and "audio caucase" ?

My Steam version of the game has no folder: /data/Missions/Audio?

13 minutes ago, Stevie777 said:

Can anyone with the Steam version of the game please tell me where to place the folder "radio" and "audio caucase" ?

My Steam version of the game has no folder: /data/Missions/Audio?

ATTENTION!!!!! just copy the way you downloaded it !!!! If you move the media file (radio), you can no longer hear it.

Stevie777
9 hours ago, namhee2 said:

ATTENTION!!!!! just copy the way you downloaded it !!!! If you move the media file (radio), you can no longer hear it.

I understand that this is importeant. However  my /data/Missions/ folder doesn't have an audio folder. Am I supposed to create it myself?

10 minutes ago, Stevie777 said:

I understand that this is importeant. However  my /data/Missions/ folder doesn't have an audio folder. Am I supposed to create it myself?

You don't have to do anything, just copy everything in the game. If you initially place the media or radio files somewhere else, they will no longer be recognized. The problem is, when working with the Mission Editor media file (mp3), there is a special path and it must not be changed.

Stevie777
19 minutes ago, namhee2 said:

You don't have to do anything, just copy everything in the game. If you initially place the media or radio files somewhere else, they will no longer be recognized. The problem is, when working with the Mission Editor media file (mp3), there is a special path and it must not be changed.

Again thanks for helping me but in what folder do you mean by "in the game"? Also the README file is very specific about where to place the different folders. Are you saying  I need to unzip the file into 1 specific location? Because that is not what the README file says. I'm very confused.

afbeelding.png.00cbe1d9635dff43c814746a7ea0271c.png

Edited by Stevie777

12 minutes ago, Stevie777 said:

Again thanks for helping me but in what folder do you mean by "in the game"? Also the README file is very specific about where to place the different folders. Are you saying  I need to unzip the file into 1 specific location? Because that is not what the README file says. I'm very confused.

afbeelding.png.00cbe1d9635dff43c814746a7ea0271c.png

OK ... I looked at his folder, just copy "AUDIO" into your data / mission folder. Since I did not write this mission and unfortunately I cannot check it (the exact path cannot be read exactly) there is no guarantee. There is only one audio folder

Stevie777
22 hours ago, namhee2 said:

OK ... I looked at his folder, just copy "AUDIO" into your data / mission folder. Since I did not write this mission and unfortunately I cannot check it (the exact path cannot be read exactly) there is no guarantee. There is only one audio folder

After some testing it turns out this is the solution. So TIGRE88 and namhee2 thanks for your help.

The README  FOR THE STEAM VERSION OF THE GAME should say:

campaigns :

place the campaign folder in the directory: IL2-sturmovik great battles: data

Missions :

place the mission folder in the directory: IL2-sturmovik great battles: data

Audio :

place the audio folder in the directory: L2-sturmovik great battles: data: Missions

Edited by Stevie777
added some explanation
  • Thanks 1

PACK160 update:

the "readme" file contains an additional instruction for installing sound files for players who have the STEAM version of IL2.

I added 3 images which show the installation path of the sound files, campaigns and missions.

jollyjack
On 1/18/2020 at 10:55 AM, jossstriker67 said:

Hi TIGER 88,
And THANK YOU again for this new mission.
With all the ones you've already done, it's almost the equivalent of a paid campaign in the game, "low hat" for you.
Best regards. A + Serge

Indeed i honored Tigre88 with his own folder on my harddisk, wonder how many here did that 🙃? Indeed: Hats Off Sir!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jollyjack said:

Indeed i honored Tigre88 with his own folder on my harddisk, wonder how many here did that 🙃? Indeed: Hats Off Sir!

this game is really interesting and the editor fun to use.

AndySimpson96

Hi, I've spotted that some campaigns in this pack need BOB to work, is it still possible to download the full pack and play the campaigns which don't need it? And then only those BOB ones would be greyed out in game?

7 hours ago, AndySimpson96 said:

Hi, I've spotted that some campaigns in this pack need BOB to work, is it still possible to download the full pack and play the campaigns which don't need it? And then only those BOB ones would be greyed out in game?

hello, when you install the campaigns and missions folders, you can play everything except the modules that you did not buy.

it is the "Wachet am Rhein" campaign which needs BOBP.

everything is specified in the "readme" file concerning the modules required for each campaign 

• Like 1

BladeMeister
On 1/30/2021 at 3:46 AM, jollyjack said:

A picture is worth a thousand words.

S! Tigre88 and Pack 160!:clapping:

S!Blade<><

Sorry but this was my desktop at the moment. It is WOTR for those wondering. A Fabulous flight sim!

V8p8LHZ.png

Edited by BladeMeister
  • Haha 1

Hallo Tiger88,

bitte prüfe Kampagne Operation Typhoon Tiger, Mission 2 und 3.

Mission 2: Tiger wird von der SIS2 im Dorf getroffen und die Crew geht raus.
Mission 3: Auslöser im Dorf?

Grüße nach Frankreich

PootyPatrol

Tigre great job: "Orel 1943" was a terrific mission.  The commentary was amusing and the Russian anti-tank gunners waiting for my Tiger to pass before firing (I won't spoil it any further) was a great and very real touch.  That was fun.  I ran out of AP, had to retreat and couldn't capture "village two" the first time.  Can't wait to try again tomorrow.

11PP

5 minutes ago, 11thPanzer_Pete said:

Tigre great job: "Orel 1943" was a terrific mission.  The commentary was amusing and the Russian anti-tank gunners waiting for my Tiger to pass before firing (I won't spoil it any further) was a great and very real touch.  That was fun.  I ran out of AP, had to retreat and couldn't capture "village two" the first time.  Can't wait to try again tomorrow.

11PP

I'm glad you had a great time. yes from time to time I like to include humor :) 

Vor 19 Stunden sagte TIGRE88:

Ich verstehe nicht, war Ihr Problem? für Mission 2 wird Ihr Tigerpanzer durch Panzerabwehrgewehre im Dorf zerstört? und die Besatzungsmitglieder verlassen den Tank?

und für Mission 3 ?? Ich kann Sie nicht verstehen.

Mission 2: 2 leichte Treffer, die Crew geht vom Panzer.  
Mission 3: 2 Checkpoint im Dorf. Checkpoint 2 ergibt sich nicht. Missionen scheitert. Die KI Panzer fahren nicht ins Dorf.

Es ist sehr schwer hierüber war zu beschreiben / erklären.

es ist schwierig, hierüber zu erklären. aber gut.
Den Fehler den ich bei der Mission 3 gemacht habe, glaube ich,  bin erst zum Punkt 1. gefahren und nicht befohlen zu punkt 2.

Hallo Tiger88,

bitte prüfe Operation Zitadelle Mission 4. das Minenfeld. Bei ersten mal Panzer beschädig/zerstört, beim neu Start kein Minenfeld.
Gruß

Hallo Tiger88,
die brücke wird repariert.
Dann weiter auf die andere Uferseite. Denn feindlichen Panzer zerstört und vor der Sperre gehalten. Links ist ein Minenfeld. Beim ersten mal war es da, bin erst Beschädigt / Zerstört worden. Mission neu gestartet! Weg weg wie beim ersten mal, gewartet bis Freundliche Panzer an der Straßensperre sind. Diesmal kein Minenfeld. bin durch gefahrene ohne Beschädigungen.

Mission verloren.

Edited by Trym

Hallo Tiger88,
Operation Zitadelle Mission 4. Ich habe kein Erfolg.
Nach Überfahrt Ufer bis zur ersten Straßensperre kommt freundliche Panzer mit. Es steht ein feindlicher Panzer .
Durch die Öffnung linke Seite fahre ich. (Ist da ein Mienenfeld?
von 5 Fahrten bin ich dort nur 1 beschädigt / zerstört worden.)
Jetzt kommen noch 3 feindliche Panzer zur 2 Straßensperre. Mehr nicht.
Die freundlichen Panzer fahren nicht. Bleiben bei der 1 Straßensperre stehen.
Mehr kann ich nicht sagen.

2 hours ago, Trym said:

Hallo Tiger88,
Operation Zitadelle Mission 4. Ich habe kein Erfolg.
Nach Überfahrt Ufer bis zur ersten Straßensperre kommt freundliche Panzer mit. Es steht ein feindlicher Panzer .
Durch die Öffnung linke Seite fahre ich. (Ist da ein Mienenfeld?
von 5 Fahrten bin ich dort nur 1 beschädigt / zerstört worden.)
Jetzt kommen noch 3 feindliche Panzer zur 2 Straßensperre. Mehr nicht.
Die freundlichen Panzer fahren nicht. Bleiben bei der 1 Straßensperre stehen.
Mehr kann ich nicht sagen.

Zitadelle campaign mission 04 update, I realized that there was the old version with misconfigured mines provided to players all this time .. now there shouldn't be any issues. .

104th_IronMike

Hi Tiger,

thanks for the many missions. Only thing I'd have to propose to maybe provide a bit more briefing. It often is clear in the mission and straight forward, but sometimes it isnt clear at all.

I just played mission 1 of the Tiger Typhoon campaign, I killed everything in the city, and only if you use "i" to show a waypoint, you see that you have to drive somewhere. Else it just says defend the eastern side, if you sit there nothing much happens. But also I drove to the point and nothing happens. It is also a bit weird that a single tiger is zig zagging through the town and fields to kill every tank left and right. Not sure how to proceed, I played the mission 3 times now without success, I guess I will skip this campaign.

Also, why does the mission start april something 1945 in the Ruhr? That makes no sense for operation Typhoon. It feels almost as if a mission from a different campaign accidently replaced mission one.

Thanks for the great work though.

Edited by 104th_IronMike

2 hours ago, 104th_IronMike said:

Hi Tiger,

thanks for the many missions. Only thing I'd have to propose to maybe provide a bit more briefing. It often is clear in the mission and straight forward, but sometimes it isnt clear at all.

I just played mission 1 of the Tiger Typhoon campaign, I killed everything in the city, and only if you use "i" to show a waypoint, you see that you have to drive somewhere. Else it just says defend the eastern side, if you sit there nothing much happens. But also I drove to the point and nothing happens. It is also a bit weird that a single tiger is zig zagging through the town and fields to kill every tank left and right. Not sure how to proceed, I played the mission 3 times now without success, I guess I will skip this campaign.

Also, why does the mission start april something 1945 in the Ruhr? That makes no sense for operation Typhoon. It feels almost as if a mission from a different campaign accidently replaced mission one.

Thanks for the great work though.

in mission 01 of the Operation Typhoon campaign, it suffices to attack either from the east, or from the center, or from the west, but in no case the player's TIGER is obliged to do to the 3 places, the friendly tanks are enough to finish this mission.

there are no details in the briefing of this mission because it is a science fiction oriented mission, the player is supposed to fight in the Ruhr area in 1945 and then suddenly he finds himself in the plain combat past in Operation Typhoon in Moscow in 1941. 

have you read the in-game dialogues between the characters?  it clearly showed that there was a temporal anomaly.

and Tank Commander Conrad asks the player to take the tank formation and indicates that the mission is to take the city in pincers.
during tank progression there is the progress status by message, when the left or right flank is taken, then the defense line 1 and 2, everything is indicated during the game.

Edited by TIGRE88

104th_IronMike
54 minutes ago, TIGRE88 said:

in mission 01 of the Operation Typhoon campaign, it suffices to attack either from the east, or from the center, or from the west, but in no case the player's TIGER is obliged to do the 3 places, the friendly tanks are enough to finish this mission.

there are no details in the briefing of this mission because it is a science fiction oriented mission, the player is supposed to fight in the Ruhr area in 1945 and then suddenly he finds himself in the plain combat past in Operation Typhoon in Moscow in 1941. 

have you read the in-game dialogues between the characters?  it clearly showed that there was a temporal anomaly.

then it was enough just to follow one of the tank detachments and go to one of the 2 icons on the map.

either in the East or in the West, but even by the center it works.

There were no characters, nor dialogue. I spawn, a single tank, inmidst of ruins, no message or anything, and 1 move marker. then after a while a single sherman arrives and nothing more. So I went exploring and killed every single thing on the map, went to the marker... nothing.

16 minutes ago, 104th_IronMike said:

There were no characters, nor dialogue. I spawn, a single tank, inmidst of ruins, no message or anything, and 1 move marker. then after a while a single sherman arrives and nothing more. So I went exploring and killed every single thing on the map, went to the marker... nothing.

I will check the prog, there may be a problem with broken tracks in the Ruhr! this is the only problem that prevented the triggering of the rest of the events !!

104th_IronMike
20 minutes ago, TIGRE88 said:

I will check the prog, there may be a problem with broken tracks in the Ruhr! this is the only problem that prevented the triggering of the rest of the events !!

Thanks! Great work else, nice missions!

2 hours ago, 104th_IronMike said:

Thanks! Great work else, nice missions!

i'm not wide awake today i did an update for mission 01 but actually it didn't need it because since the player's tiger is alone there is no programming problem even with a broken then repaired track!  it is therefore not necessary to update!

I checked the dialogues between Manfred and Conrad and yet everything is fine in the foreign versions other than for France!

Are you sure you don't see any dialogue? yet apparently everything is there!

you find 12 german tanks and half tracks on the road just outside the Ruhr behind the smoke .. when you approach them the dialogues and icons etc start up

Manfred: What are you doing over there? What's happening? 

Conrad : what's that...but where did he come from ? he's a russian attention !!!!

Manfred: what are you talking about? I was on my way to the eastern front line of the Ruhr. 

Conrad: he speaks German! he's one of ours..... but what is this tank model? 

Conrad : well it doesn't matter, we'll explain later, we have to launch an offensive on Vysockoe.

Manfred: I'm in the middle of a dream? the city is right behind.  

Conrad : what city ? it's the desert..you must have been hit on the head my poor friend<br>well follow us with your big pile of scrap, we'll discuss it later.    

Conrad : we must take Vysockoe in pincers, go go go !  

Manfred: We are in Russia? but what's the story? the war is over. 

it is impossible that these dialogues do not appear! just get out of the Ruhr, drive through the smoke and approach the panzers and the characters start chatting. 

it could be that your game configuration for icons etc is problematic? in the "realism" part of the menu?

in the Ruhr there is not just one sherman, there are several shermans, as well as several anti-tank guns, machineguns,  trucks and even an American jeep. and they are visible from the first moments of the game.

it's totally impossible that they won't appear when you play. they are automatically activated in the game.

there must have been a bug when you downloaded the pack, but it's totally impossible that you will only find one sherman after a while and nothing else. you find the first sherman after only 20 seconds of playing at the very beginning

Edited by TIGRE88

104th_IronMike

Thanks for the reply Tiger, I will try to be more precise in my description:

Since at first I tried waiting and "holding", only one sherman arrived, I did see on the map that all other spawned though, so you are correct they are all there. I wasnt clear enough, I meant only 1 sherman drives up to you, if you dont move. Since I did not get a message "get out of the Ruhr" or something, I thought it could be confusing, however the other units kinda "told" me, that driving through the maze was the point, also 1 marker showing at that Village 9 clicks away. But I only ever got that, the units on the map, and the 1  single marker.

On my further attempts I went through the Ruhr, killed everything (always only getting the 1 marker 9 clicks away), then saw the huge smoke, drove through it (just because my gunner pointed there, I had no message or similar telling me to do so), but found nothing. I then followed the road to the move/ waypoint marker, killing everything in the fields left and right.

So obviously something must be not loading on my side, maybe really a corrupt mission from downloading or unpacking. I had all your campaigns from before, and deleted them before redownloading your pack, maybe I forgot this one and copy pasted over it. I'll extract the pack again, remove the mission, replace it, and then report back.

Alternatively if you want to upload me the mission, I can grab that one and try it, if I get different results.

Thank you again for all your excellent contributions. Your missions are basically 100% of my Tank Crew gameplay offline hehe.

Edited by 104th_IronMike

104th_IronMike

Ok, I tried it again. At first I had the same result. I kill all the units in the city, drive out of the city, drive through the grey smoke outside of the city, and nothing is there. Then I am thinking, maybe you meant the thick black smoke in the city. So I go back and try to get it to it (I didnt find a way), drive around some more and start thinking, what if I took the wrong exit and didnt hit the correct trigger. So I drive around some more and drive all the way up to the anti tank gun position that was in the eastern most tip of the city. Before that I exited where the Sherman cits towards the NE, just a bit west of the last two anti tank guns (and a sherman waiting in a position pointed south), east of the big fountain. This time I exited just west of the east most anti tank gun through some ruins, and low and behold, I can see the blue unit icons through the smoke. However, I do not get any messages or dialogue when approaching the units. I drive down the entire lane from half tracks to the tanks in the front towards the east, but no message.

So I guess in my first attempts, doing always the same route, fountain, around to the right, sherman, last two turrets, left again, and right, sherman and exit, I somehow missed a trigger zone? As for messages, I dont think it is my settings, since I get messages in all your other missions etc fine.

BTW, before getting to the blue units, I get no message in the city itself either, not sure if that is intended. Maybe some "leave the city and regroup behind the smoke" or similar would help, if it isn't there already and just me not getting messages again. HUD etc is all turned on. 

in the Ruhr there is only one possible exit, the city is surrounded by impassable barbed wire, and by dead-end roads,
 in fact when you go towards the icon in the north-east, at some point  you fight against the last sherman before leaving the Ruhr,
 and when you leave town you already receive this message: Manfred: Huh, what's going on here? The city has disappeared !  
I tested this mission several times it works systematically, there is no particularly complicated programming,
 you just have to drive on the exit and everything else is triggered, 
Manfred and Conrad start talking and the 12 tanks go to the fight by attacking the city of Vyskoe in pincers.
 your problem is really very strange, I believe that unfortunately I can not do anything, because on my side everything is good,
 even the dialogs are available for all other locations other than France .. 
what do you have as a processor on your pc?

I am curious to know who else this problem has happened to? I guess  it didn't happen to the player Trym? otherwise he could never have completed this mission, but who else? ultimately I don't know who is testing my campaigns?

I notice that there is a bunch of downloads all the time, players are downloading and re-downloading when I do updates but I have no news.

Edited by TIGRE88

Hallo IronMike,
Ich kann dir nur sagen, wie ich es getan habe. Wenn du aus der Stadt kommst fahre zu den freundlichen Panzer. Lade Munition auf und fahre dann weiter nach vorne. Die Nachrichten die du bekommst sind Textnachrichten. Keine Gesprochenen. Die stehen leider oben am Bildrand und erscheinen nicht so lange. Warte bis die freundlichen Panzer sich in Bewegung setzen. Die erste rote Markierung erlöscht.

Ein bisschen Geduld braust du aber.

Ich habe heute nochmal die Mission gefahren.

Ich wünsche viel Erfolg.

• Thanks 1

104th_IronMike
5 hours ago, Trym said:

Hallo IronMike,
Ich kann dir nur sagen, wie ich es getan habe. Wenn du aus der Stadt kommst fahre zu den freundlichen Panzer. Lade Munition auf und fahre dann weiter nach vorne. Die Nachrichten die du bekommst sind Textnachrichten. Keine Gesprochenen. Die stehen leider oben am Bildrand und erscheinen nicht so lange. Warte bis die freundlichen Panzer sich in Bewegung setzen. Die erste rote Markierung erlöscht.

Ein bisschen Geduld braust du aber.

Ich habe heute nochmal die Mission gefahren.

Ich wünsche viel Erfolg.

Danke, Trym, nur genau das ist das Problem bei mir, ich krieg keine Nachrichten (ich kenn die Nachrichten sonst von seinen anderen Mission ja recht gut). Tigre hat mir ne neue Kopie geschickt, ich werds die Tage, wenn ich wieder Zeit hab, nochmal versuchen. Danke für den Input!

Operation Typhoon TIGER  campaign mission 01 update
added quick fixes "42 second" to fix a broken track in the Ruhr ruins.
it's up to you to see if this update interests you, but it is not necessary

104th_IronMike
13 hours ago, TIGRE88 said:
Operation Typhoon TIGER  campaign mission 01 update
added quick fixes "42 second" to fix a broken track in the Ruhr ruins.
it's up to you to see if this update interests you, but it is not necessary

I was able to quickly play it this morning, and everything works now, Tigre. Many thanks. Got all the messages and mission success. 👍

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 104th_IronMike said:

I was able to quickly play it this morning, and everything works now, Tigre. Many thanks. Got all the messages and mission success. 👍

:clapping:

104th_IronMike

Btw, did you ever consider doing a "Patton" Campaign for the Bulge? And if I am at it: some Panther campaign would also be great, haha. But, it is hard to ask someone, who has given already so much. 🙂 It is very appreciated!

12 hours ago, 104th_IronMike said:

Btw, did you ever consider doing a "Patton" Campaign for the Bulge? And if I am at it: some Panther campaign would also be great, haha. But, it is hard to ask someone, who has given already so much. 🙂 It is very appreciated!

in combat in the Ardennes I only did the campaign "Wacht am Rhein" but obviously it is on the German side,

if not to answer your question about other tanks other than the TIGER here are the campaigns and missions in which we can find them:

Sherman:

campaign: FURY

missions:    Platoon1 

Platoon2

operation polkovodets

Panther:

campaigns: Panther pack

missions:     Panther Blitz

a bridge too far Gostishevo

commando Panther 

Panzer4:

campaigns: Operation Typhoon 

P4 Pack

Blitzkrieg1 mission 08 

missions:     Storming the factory

panzer4 Blitz 

Ferdinand: 

campaigns : the last Elephant

Su152

campaigns : Ivan counterattack 

missions :     Beast hunting 

KV1-S

campaigns : Stalingrad 

operation Polkodevil

missions :    Ivan counterattack 

T34

missions : a bridge too far Kyselevo

Edited by TIGRE88
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hallo Tiger88,
hast du die Wacht am Rhein Mission 7 mal gewonnen? Hat überhaupt jemand die
Mission geschafft Ich habe keine Ahnung, warum ich zerstört werde.
Ich suche mir immer Deckung und werde Zerstört .

5 minutes ago, Trym said:

Hallo Tiger88,
hast du die Wacht am Rhein Mission 7 mal gewonnen? Hat überhaupt jemand die
Mission geschafft Ich habe keine Ahnung, warum ich zerstört werde.
Ich suche mir immer Deckung und werde Zerstört .

I thought you finished this campaign? have you been stuck on mission 7 all this time? are you destroyed by air bombs? or by something else?

• TIGRE88 changed the title to "Pack 171" missions & campaigns