TIGRE88

"Pack 160" missions & campaigns

update of all the PACK160 :

campaigns and missions Since the tank shelters had random issues compared to the AI-controlled tanks that couldn't detect the tanks stationed behind the shelters, I therefore preferred to modify all of the shelters for the sake of safety, even those which worked, by replace them by open shelters.

unfortunately visually it is less beautiful than a shelter which covers the body of the tank well, but there is no choice, these square shelters are problematic, when they are placed on slightly elevated terrain and sometimes even on flat terrain which is not elevated at all, the AI tanks cant detect the tank placed behind the shelter, even at 1 meter of distance.  

so here is the only solution I offer,  the best solution would have been for the TC team to rework this tank shelter by reducing its height by around 20% or 30% .. because from what I had been told the fact of programming the IA tanks so that 'they can better detect targets would make the system resources too heavy.

tank shelter.jpg

Edited by TIGRE88
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

I must be blind. I dont see the link anymore. Great work though!!!!

38 minutes ago, CDRSEABEE said:

I must be blind. I dont see the link anymore. Great work though!!!!

hello ! no you're not blind ^^

I'm reworking the old campaigns, there were still things to improve to make it work like the new ones! as soon as it's ready I put the link

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

and here is an update of the whole PACK160, there was still a trap in the programming which appeared only in certain conditions, with some players these problems never appeared and during my tests either... but we learn every day, the most important thing is to progress and work.  

I now know almost all the traps that can create random problems, which were difficult to detect.

I'm providing this update while waiting to test everything again to make sure I didn't forget something, but it will take a lot of time to test 160 missions... but don't hesitate if you encounter a problem somewhere.  

Capture hh.JPG

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

On 1/13/2021 at 8:51 AM, JG27_Steini said:

Not in my case. I retry and will report again with screenshots. Thank you for your help.

Hello! I found a solution to make track repairs in 30 seconds! all over the game! I will make this modification for all the campaigns tonight !! because it's true that immersion in the game is not great when you spend 3 hours repairing a track, I don't find it interesting to experience each time

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trym said:

Hallo Tiger88,

Bitte überprüfe in Belgorod die Mission 7.

Gruß

hi ! thank you! yes I know, it's planned for the next update

1 hour ago, wmcrain2 said:

Good Morning.  Where is the link to download the campaign and missions?  Am I missing it somehow?

It was in the first post yesterday. 

7 minutes ago, CDRSEABEE said:

I haven't found any download links in this thread anywhere.

9 minutes ago, CDRSEABEE said:

Are you able to see it right now?

2 hours ago, wmcrain2 said:

Good Morning.  Where is the link to download the campaign and missions?  Am I missing it somehow?

hello , 

no worries, I am currently working on an update, so that the player's tank can repair its track quickly on the battlefield, for all campaigns, it will be much better for immersion in the game, because in the base when you have a broken track, it takes a lot of time, in addition this function does not allow an acceleration of 8X everywhere.

so with the update that will be available by this weekend normally, the game will be much more enjoyable. I'll put the link as soon as it's ready.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Pack160 update :

addition of the mechanical maintenance function on all campaigns, this function allows faster repairs in "42 seconds" 1 track will be repaired from "red to green"

and 2 tracks can be repaired in 1 minute 24 seconds.  this function is the equivalent of a 16X time acceleration.  

no more long unnecessary waits, especially on heavy missions in resources that do not allow to speed up time in 8X.

but I warn you that this function is not available absolutely everywhere. but in a large part of the missions, you will have much less waiting than before.

repair.jpg

Edited by TIGRE88
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I will have to try this and see what it is like. I know we are all impatient and pressed for time and 9 minutes was a long haul to have one track fixed, but 20 seconds might be to fast?

If it is to fast for me, I will dig in your missions through the ME and change them myself, LOL!

S!Blade<><

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BladeMeister said:

I will have to try this and see what it is like. I know we are all impatient and pressed for time and 9 minutes was a long haul to have one track fixed, but 20 seconds might be to fast?

If it is to fast for me, I will dig in your missions through the ME and change them myself, LOL!

S!Blade<><

Kinda agree, but I guess a million people will have a million different timings they prefer...?

20 seconds seems quick... I'd be willing to wait like 60 - 120... But then I'm sure someone else will want to wait 5 minutes... etc... Dunno...

here are the exact conditions for repairing a single track:

for a complete repair "red to green"  I tried with the stopwatch and it takes exactly 42 seconds to repair.  

if there are 2 tracks, that is double of time "1minute 24s" .

and if other parts of the tank are damaged or broken it takes even longer time, because the rest is repaired before the tracks.

by doing the test with the maximum acceleration 8X which is available in the game, I can repair a track in 1min 40 seconds,  but on condition that the mission allows such acceleration. generally 8X are rarely reached.

on a campaign like Operation Zitadelle the maximum is 2X.

in summary, the option that I put is like 16X because I can repair 2 tracks while in 8X I could have repaired only one track ""always based on the possibility that the mission could allow 8X".

afterwards, as I said, this option is not available everywhere, but I find that it allows you to stay in the action and not to have the sound cut as with the acceleration of time and therefore to stay in the immersion. after that I could have made sure that the time was a little longer .. I may change or stay like that ..

Edited by TIGRE88
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, VonLuck said:

Kinda agree, but I guess a million people will have a million different timings they prefer...?

20 seconds seems quick... I'd be willing to wait like 60 - 120... But then I'm sure someone else will want to wait 5 minutes... etc... Dunno...

yes you are right, each person has a different taste, even for the fabricated missions, there are people who prefer when the mission is short and fast, others when the mission is long and difficult etc. etc.

it is not possible that everyone is happy with something.

on the other hand for a repair time which is 9 minutes, even 5 minutes, I am tempted to do a vote to see who would be really ready to spend 5 or 9 minutes in front of the screen waiting without playing.

I honestly think no one does that, imagine that with each mission played he breaks his track once or twice .. he will have spent more time waiting in front of the screen rather than playing.

I do not know but personally I do not find it reasonable.

I am really curious to know if there are people who are really willing to sit at least 5 minutes in front of a screen without doing anything? and stay in front of the screen each time the track is broken,   for example on a campaign of 10 missions, break his track 2 times per mission, which makes 20 times X 5 minutes = almost 2 hours.   
Edited by TIGRE88
  • Like 1

Hallo Tiger88,

Das hat ich schon mal geschrieben. Ich habe schon die Mission neu gestartet als 10 Minuten zuwarten.
In 10 Minuten kann ohne Problem Frühstücken.

Wenn es sehr dumm läuft, ist die linke Spur nur halb beschädigt und die recht defekt. Dann wartet man 10 Minuten +, da man nicht die Möglichkeit hat, die Wichtigkeit zu bestimmen.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Trym said:

Hallo Tiger88,

Das hat ich schon mal geschrieben. Ich habe schon die Mission neu gestartet als 10 Minuten zuwarten.
In 10 Minuten kann ohne Problem Frühstücken.

Wenn es sehr dumm läuft, ist die linke Spur nur halb beschädigt und die recht defekt. Dann wartet man 10 Minuten +, da man nicht die Möglichkeit hat, die Wichtigkeit zu bestimmen.

hi Trym! I admit that I have trouble understanding what you wrote, but I think you think 10 minutes is too long? and would you rather restart the game than wait? because I too find that 10 minutes is too much, even 5! 

it's faster to quit the game and start all over again

in 10 minutes I have time to eat all this

Edited by TIGRE88
  • Haha 2

Oh but there is another option. Track broken, no problem, I start the boys on repairing the damage and I go downstairs, cook some 🍿 and grab a 🥤, look outside ✔️ the weather, start the laundry washing, go back to my 🖥️ with refreshments and voila my tank is fixed! I tell the boys, load up and we're are off. 9 minutes per track is No Problem for me at all.:popcorm:

S!Blade<><

Edited by BladeMeister
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, BladeMeister said:

Oh but there is another option. Track broken, no problem, I start the boys on repairing the damage and I go downstairs, cook some 🍿 and grab a 🥤, look outside ✔️ the weather, start the laundry washing, go back to my 🖥️ with refreshments and voila my tank is fixed! I tell the boys, load up and we're are off. 9 minutes per track is No Problem for me at all.:popcorm:

S!Blade<><

you have to rework the entire PACK160 so ^^ it will tire you .. it was never ending, I had reworked I do not know how many campaigns and there were still double ^^ I said to myself: but what a bad idea to build as many campaigns.   it is no end 😁 

• Haha 2

I LOVE your Campaigns Tigre88!!! Have a rest now and maybe just use Syn_Vander's quick mission builder and simply play Tank Crew for your pleasure for a time. No stress from building or repairing missions, just relax and play!

I like your explanation of the modification of 'repair tank' that you presented. The new shorter time seems intelligent and I want to try it out, but my laundry may not be transferred to the drier as quickly as before, LOL. Thanks for your hard work on Pack 160.

Cheers!

S!Blade<><

• Thanks 1

thanks blade! but I may have some updates to do, because since I changed the programming relating to the waypoints of the tanks, because some tanks refused to advance "and I therefore reworked all the waypoints ,including those that worked, and suddenly since then I had a lot of problems because by making the modification I simply forgot to reconnect elements in the programming, which means that some things no longer work at all !!

the recent issues I have had are inattention issues, and when you see the complexity of some programming, with vectors going out all over to connect to elements, it's no wonder this is happening .

now as I know perfectly well how not to fall into the trap of the waypoint that does not work, I no longer risk having to rework the waypoints of the futur campaigns ! and the same for the checkzones which were problematic compared to the broken tracks of the player's tank.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, TIGRE88 said:

Pack160 update :

addition of the mechanical maintenance function on all campaigns, this function allows faster repairs in "42 seconds" 1 track will be repaired from "red to green"

and 2 tracks can be repaired in 1 minute 24 seconds.  this function is the equivalent of a 16X time acceleration.  

no more long unnecessary waits, especially on heavy missions in resources that do not allow to speed up time in 8X.

but I warn you that this function is not available absolutely everywhere. but in a large part of the missions, you will have much less waiting than before.

repair.jpg

Ok ...once again I feel left out on the options possible simply because there is no "Official" manual for TC.My I ask how do you get to this options screen- I never knew there was a "repair & replenish" option and/or how it works?

Push the 'enter' button, you may have to be in the tank, I can't remember. To repair, turn your engine off, the 'e' key and open any hatch. Repairs will Automatically begin.

S!Blade<><

Edited by BladeMeister

57 minutes ago, BladeMeister said:

Push the 'enter' button, you may have to be in the tank, I can't remember. To repair, turn your engine off, the 'e' key and open any hatch. Repairs will Automatically begin.

S!Blade<><

Sorta kinda like with aircraft in BoX.Does this give you the new info boxes shown in my original post?

1 hour ago, Blitzen said:

Sorta kinda like with aircraft in BoX.Does this give you the new info boxes shown in my original post?

Push the  'enter' key. You may have to be inside of the Tank in one of the crew positions to see the 'tank status' screen just like in the picture. I can't remember if you have to be in the tank or not.

S! Blade <><

yes you have to stop the engine, have your head outside the tank and press the ENTER key
 and with the function that I added of rapid technical maintenance, you just have to stop the engine and take out the head,  no need to press ENTER.
 but the maintenance icon must appear for it to work. it is not available everywhere

Either way...

I still haven't gotten a chance to play your missions... I'm like a junky here... scratching my arm holes waiting for the next Tank missions to drop...

C'mon man... Just one more hit... I'll suck your ****... 😜

TAAAAAAAAAAANKS!!!!

I never should have left... Best job I ever had... 🤣

Anyhoooooooo...

Hallo Tiger 88, bitte nochmal die letzte Mission Kursk 1943. Leben um die Mission zu Gewinnen .

Niemand ist Wittmann!

Gruß

6 minutes ago, Trym said:

Hallo Tiger 88, bitte nochmal die letzte Mission Kursk 1943. Leben um die Mission zu Gewinnen .

Niemand ist Wittmann!

Gruß

the last mission? Normandy2? It is normal that it ends with the destruction of the tiger tanks, the campaign ends like this.

this campaign is just inspired by the story of wittmann

Why??

it is in fact not a real mission, it is not even counted in the score of the 160 missions of the pack. it's just to represent some truth.

there are campaigns which feature Otto Carius: Narva 1943 and Return to Nevel and in these he does not die, because in real life he survived the war. he dies in 2015.  

• Like 1

Ja, ich weiß das, Tiger88

Edited by Trym
  • Thanks 1

May I ask how you have managed to speed up repair times? This is something I would like to incorporate into my squad events. It could mean that I could do away with re-spawn points and keep the player in the game.

PACK 160 update:

improvement of missions 02, 03,04 of the Return to Nevel campaign,

here is the list of updated campaigns which should no longer have any problems

Operation Zitadelle 

Return to Nevel 

Wacht am Rhein 

but that doesn't mean that the others campaigns have necessarily a problem somewhere or need an improvement.  
I will take the time to retest them and maybe someone will find a problem or not one day. 

Edited by TIGRE88
  • Thanks 1

Now... I may be thick... Maybe as much as piggy poop... But I think I've missed the DL link here...

Also... Spoiler alert Wittmann got dead... August 8th 1944... On the plus he waaaaaaaaaaaaas described as a bit of a d*ck who towed the party line a bit much... My wife's grandfather told me this after I got em pished on schnapps in a lake house in the middle of nowhere... He was ex-Youth... Which is kinda funny as I'm ex-Desert Rat, albeit 2nd Royal Tank Reg. and modern... It was a surreal moment for me... Annnnnnnyhoo... Links?

7 hours ago, VonLuck said:

Now... I may be thick... Maybe as much as piggy poop... But I think I've missed the DL link here...

Also... Spoiler alert Wittmann got dead... August 8th 1944... On the plus he waaaaaaaaaaaaas described as a bit of a d*ck who towed the party line a bit much... My wife's grandfather told me this after I got em pished on schnapps in a lake house in the middle of nowhere... He was ex-Youth... Which is kinda funny as I'm ex-Desert Rat, albeit 2nd Royal Tank Reg. and modern... It was a surreal moment for me... Annnnnnnyhoo... Links?

hello Vonluck the link is available on the first page.

sorry but I don't understand English when it gets too difficult, I do the google translation, it allows to translate the simple sentences especially

On 1/24/2021 at 10:07 PM, TIGRE88 said:

hello Vonluck the link is available on the first page.

sorry but I don't understand English when it gets too difficult, I do the google translation, it allows to translate the simple sentences especially

Oops...

Okay thank you very much... 😁

• Thanks 1