Sign in to follow this  
No.54_Reddog

Glacially slow loading into MP servers

I don't recall it taking so long pre-blitz to load into a server. Is anyone else finding this or is it something to do with my setup?

Just did a quick test - on my end it takes about 12-25 seconds to login to a server, although the Storm of War testing server was more like 45 seconds.

I suspect time taken to login is related to complexity of the mission/scripting, though I realise not much can be done about that.

1 hour ago, ATAG_kiwiflieger said:

Just did a quick test - on my end it takes about 12-25 seconds to login to a server, although the Storm of War testing server was more like 45 seconds.

I suspect time taken to login is related to complexity of the mission/scripting, though I realise not much can be done about that.

That's what I figure too. But 10mins seems....unexpected. It's also odd because the spawn selection screen is quite laggy, input taking a few seconds to update. But once in a plane its fine. 

I've reverified files last night through steam and will give that a go today. I will also benchmark if there's a difference joining another server with SOW running and not.

My specs are:

GTX 1070

16gb ram

Installed on a SSD.

SoW is running on an entirely different machine of course.

So i did some tests this morning.

With SoW running and in this order of connecting. Times not exact to seconds

Connected to:         ping on server list        time to connect

SoW         21        10 minutes

ATAG       116           4 minutes

DangerDogz      54       3 minutes

With SoW NOT running

DangerDogz      54        5 minutes  25 seconds.

ATAG         117       Timeout. (Server may have been rotating mission?)

ATAG         115        4 minutes 17 seconds.

Clearly something is wrong at my end but I'm at a loss to know what.

Tried completely removing both 4.312 and Blitz from my machine and reinstalling Blitz only. No improvement.

The SoW server took about 50-60 seconds enjoin the DD server so I think that eliminates my connection from the equation. Something on my pc alone is causing this. Will take a look at VPN but I think it's likely a red herring since the connection looks ok and pings to the ATAG server through command prompt return fine.

Posted (edited)

I also have issues with it taking a long time to connect to servers, or not managing to connect at all.

When I try to connect it shows the load screen with an empty progress bar, which remains like that for 10 - 15 minutes until it quickly fills up and lets me in.

Other times it will do this and give me a connection timed out message, or I'll get timed out before it reaches the load bar screen.

Then every now and again it will connect me in just a minute or two.

Also I note that if I crash the game during the long connection wait and load back into the Multiplayer screen, the Server list will show that I am on the server and have been for a few minutes, even though I was stuck at the load screen during that time.

So far I've tried disabling any additional network adapters on my computer, and also turning off my anti-virus while I try to connect, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Thanks.

Edited by 19RAF_MJDixon

Yeah, I'm still having issues with this. Apparently I am showing in netstats way before I get into game.

Would really appreciate some steer from TF about this

Will see if our Code guys have time to respond.

Right now they are very busy with the Online Test scheduled for April 4th, as well as getting the remaining ships/vehicles imported.