alpha_1_zulu

Cliffs of Dover

Hi all;

I currently have three of the four available IL-2 BoX games which I purchased direct.  I've always been a big fan of the Beaufighter and would like to purchase Cliffs of Dover with the new expansion pack for the Mediterranean.  My understanding is that I have to purchase this on steam.  If I do purchase it will it have any adverse effect on my current installs?   Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Edited by alpha_1_zulu
Misspelled word.

Just know that it is a completely different engine... so it will be very different - and you'll have to buy the Mediterranean expansion later (it isn't out yet).

6 hours ago, =FEW=fernando11 said:

Yo be fair CloD is quite cheap on steam. I have no idea whats going to be the price of the upcoming expansion.

It's very cheap when its on sale, something like 7 USD, I think. Right now, it's about 25 USD. I bought the pre-777 version years back for something like 3 USD, (IIRC), so got Blitz for free. Still haven't played it a full mission. However, I'm very excited to see the MTO expansion. I sort of wish BoX would have gone there, but I'll take what I can get.

Edited by cardboard_killer

10 hours ago, Avimimus said:

Just know that it is a completely different engine... so it will be very different - and you'll have to buy the Mediterranean expansion later (it isn't out yet).

The Beaufighter is already flyable, though.

I have high hopes for the finished 5.0 CloD. The content looks amazing already. If they could only fix the remaining one or two major shortcomings of the original game... I mean, they already ironed out most of them.

What shortcomings are still left? (in your opinion)

Have they got functioning anti-aliasing yet, or is it coming in 5? Last version i tried was 4.5 i think, and it still had too many unresolved issues for me. (still have bad memories of getting the original boxed edition back in 2011)

2 hours ago, kendo said:

What shortcomings are still left? (in your opinion)

Have they got functioning anti-aliasing yet, or is it coming in 5? Last version i tried was 4.5 i think, and it still had too many unresolved issues for me. (still have bad memories of getting the original boxed edition back in 2011)

As of four days ago:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1