Sign in to follow this  
kestrel79

First Rift S VR flight since June, what have I missed?

After many months off, I'm back. Wife and I had a baby. Finally getting some sim time back. Some :)

What have I missed with VR in relation to the Rift S?

Do I need the latest NVIDIA drivers? Is there a newer version of Open Composite? I downloaded the installer way back but never installed it. What's the latest version, any good videos on setting it up? I would love to rid myself of SteamVR. Do I still need to open the Oculus app to play IL2? Or is there a way to turn it off or bypass it? What about play without turning the controllers on? Don't really need them in IL2 that always annoyed me.

Any other tips or in game settings that are new since June? Thanks for the help all! I know it's hard to believe but I haven't flown the P-51 or P-38 yet. That was a treat.

My headphone volume seems much lower than before...is that the new sound engine or is it some setting in game? Seems way quieter. Before I had super loud engines and guns. Now they seemed more balanced with the rest of the game. Or I'm deaf.

I always use the latest Nvidia drivers.

Open Composite still same version. Works a champ, better performance with Rift than Steam VR.

Yes Oculus App needs to be running.

Yes you can play without Touch controllers on. When I am going to be running IL-2 for a while I just take the batteries out of Touch.

Headphone volume - not really sure. Check your sounds settings in Windows.

•  

As dburne said. I’ve been busy with other endeavors the past several months and just got back into it myself. Noticed I had to do updates to both the headset and controllers too. Gonna try and see what that was about (firmware).