Sign in to follow this  
No.54_Reddog

Multiplayer Bans

I wonder if anyone could tell me how the MP ban system works in CLOD and how I would go ahead and instigate a ban list for my server. Thanks.

There's very little information about the ban system in Cliffs of Dover that I could find online but it seems to follow a similar format to the IL-2 1946 system (although it lacks the IP ban ability).

From mission4today website

ban

Code::

ban [ADD] [REM] [NAME [<name>]] [PATTERN [<pattern>]] [IP [<ip mask>]] 
[CLEAR] [LOAD [<file name>]] [SAVE [<file name>]] 

The ban command is used by a server host/admin for banning players from the server. Bans can be done by name or IP. Contributions as to how the individual parameters work are welcome.

Create an empty .txt file to start off with in the Documents/1C Softclub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover folder, say 'blacklist.txt'. Each time the server is started this file must be loaded for the ban list to work, can be done by script, server manager or manually in the console by executing:

ban LOAD blacklist.txt

To ban someone from the server type:

ban ADD NAME "badplayer"

then to ensure it is saved

ban SAVE blacklist.txt

The blacklist.txt file will have the following format:

name "badplayer" 76512345676543210  <-- example Steam ID

Bans can therefore be added manually in this format and then loaded on the server later in the usual way. As long as the Steam ID is correct, any change of name will not enable a banned player to be able to connect to the server.

"ban CLEAR" will remove all the bans currently in place on a server but will not alter the blacklist.txt file. To reinstate a player to the server use ban REM NAME "reformedplayer" and then save it to the blacklist.

Hope this helps :salute:

• Upvote 1

Many thanks. You've joined the dots together for me brilliantly. I think I'll be able to cope from here but if not I'll let you know.

Team Fusion is always happy to provide assistance to Squadrons which are hosting campaigns.

Kiwi has a lot of experience in assisting us and ATAG.

Thanks. I had tried a manual load of a file via the console before I bother developing the SoW server software to automate it but got an error regarding a different file name almost as if it were asking for a default filename. banned.txt I think was the name. I renamed the file to that name and reran the command. This time I didn't get any sort of error or any sort of feedback the file was loaded.

What I think I need to try is banning myself and see if it works. What sort of message does a banned player get?

Banned players get a timeout message when they try to connect to the server. The main indicator that it's worked is the console message:

User 'badplayer' [their_ip_address:27015] banned