Sign in to follow this  
AdamKotikCZ

Are there tank battles?clan vs clan?

Are there tank battles?

How many players is the maximum?

I am in the clan and we have armies battles. Does it exist here?

Or is it dead?

Like 30 Tiger vs 30 T34 tanks?

As far as I know there’s only one organized tank unit and it’s ours.  SCG would support and help the formation of another unit, especially an allied unit.  We have a historical campaign battle most every Sunday utilizing both our Luftwaffe and Panzer Rgt.  Yesterday’s battle lasted the full 3 hours and we still failed taking the objective due to distance and opposition.  😁

PM me if you are interested in either joining us or try to start your own unit.

salute....

• Upvote 1

Well we aim at simulating military units and correct tactics for ww2 and do missions weekly where we often face 20+ russian tanks and ground support and artillery and try to acheive our tactical objectives under our squad leaders and unit leaders eyes and have realistic rules and radio communication and soon realistic career where if you die, your charachter is dead and your statistics will be reset. We try to simulate the eastern front and western front battles and be as immersive as possible, rather than playing multiplayer head on matches which often has no tactics or realistic ww2 thinking and use of armour. :)

IF you look for teamdeathmatches like in warthunder then there are no such clans or groups but would then recommend to play on the multiplayer servers where number of players vary between 1-30 players. If you like to fly then there are severs up to 100+ players.

Oh you must be right...all the battles in WWII were large scale 30 tanks on 30 tanks.  I don't think you'd last 10 minutes with us, but then again I'll never know.😉

It really is a beauty of a game but you’ll have to purchase it and give it at least a try to experience some of its strengths.  

Edited by SCG_Neun
  • Upvote 1

Yes, for the most part we are, based on low numbers, but the low numbers of human Allied are offset by a crap load of AT/artillery in addition to triggered tank AI that comes into play.  So you could come up in an area and trip 8 tanks and AT as well and have your hands full in what was seemingly an area void of any opposition.  Pretty well simulates the excellent concealment tactics the Russians practiced.  Advance and run into similar problems, with rockets and aircraft.  The combination of weapons at any one time is what makes it hazardous. But we'd love for human Allied players to join us. 

The strong point of the mission is having a coordinated plan, with units that are assigned positions and in constant communication with one another, in addition to set mission start and end times with defined mission objectives.  With the amount of resources I have active in these missions I'd never be able to have large tank battles.  Just too much of drain on resources.  But for our unit, it's really been a lot of fun and we all look forward each week for the next mission together.....

• Thanks 1

Yes, sure wish we had enough player base to do multicrew