BlitzPig_EL

BoN speculation on first aircraft release...

So, it's a dull day on the forum, and here at home, so, any thoughts on the first aircraft released for Battle of Normandy?

My guess will be the P51B/C and if they come out in pairs, then the Bf109G6/Late will come with it...

My hope will be to get my hands on the Spitfire XIV first, but I kinda doubt that.

3 minutes ago, Heliopause said:

This could be nice ....

P-61 Northrop P-61A-5-NO Black Widow.jpg

That would be nice, but its not even in the list. It would be a miracle if that came first if at all. 
To be honest I want the first thing to come to be a P 47 Razorback with a engine that is made of iron and the wings properly attached. 
That would make me truly happy. It going to take more time than the P 51 and G6 so I think This is correct

29 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

My guess will be the P51B/C and if they come out in pairs, then the Bf109G6/Late will come with it...

• Haha 3

Yeah, it’ll be the 109 but what will it be paired with?

43 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Yeah, it’ll be the 109 but what will it be paired with?

No need to pair it with anything?

• Upvote 1

109 or 190 first imo, P-51 and P-47 will come later imo due to different exterior model and cockpit.

My hope is for the P-47 first but it's unlikely imo.

Edited by Legioneod

It would seem the 109 and the FW A9 would require the least amount of development effort?

• Like 1

Well ... dunno about BON, but I'll speculate up first - Yak 9's....

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, cardboard_killer said:

I hope so.

I think there is no doubt about that since they were announced for early in the year (roughly Q1?).

Regarding OP's question, I also think it's probably the G6 since it has the least amount of work.

When it comes to wishful thinking I would love the Spitfire Mk XIV since it is hopuefully less work than the brand new planes but also enough fun an novelty for me.

It will be the 109 only because the development team is extremely well-versed in releasing Bf109 variants by now... they can likely do in in their sleep!  ;)

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Or maybe it will be the easier planes last...?

would be a nice surprise to get a new kite first :)

I suspect the Mk XIV will be one of the earlier ones because they're asking for information on it already

The A-6, G-6, P-51, P-47 all have a lot of supporting research done undoubtedly - as does the Typhoon (they Tempest was made with help from some people restoring a Typhoon)... The Ju-88C6 is pretty close to the A-4 in performance but will require a lot of work since it is a multi-seat aircraft...

It makes me think that the Mosquito and the Me-410 will be the last.

My guess? unfortunately (I say that because I personally am not interested in them) but probably the Bf 109 G6 Late or Fw 190 A6 or even both...it only makes sense...very little 3D model changes..and allows content to be put out fast. As we saw with BoBP it doesn't need to be balanced release either. We only had the P-47 and the spitfire (the later being also a modeled before, Spitfire Mk.VB) for a VERY long time before we got the last Allied planes...before then we got all the German ones like the G-14, K-4, A-8, D-9 and then the 262

As for the first Allied planes to come...well either the P-47 as its just reskining and changing the cockpit over or perhaps the P-51 B/C as we have the Alison engine in the P-40 and the Packard in the P-51D as well as tail shape and engine casing. 

Edited by Southernbear

Just pulling a guess from where the sun don't shine:

Me109G6 Late

FW190 A6

Spitfire XIV

Typhoon

Ju88c

P51B

P47C

Me410

Mosquito

Arado

Although...what I've just mentioned also kinda applies to the Ar 234...it probably isn't but I mean...we already possibly the most complicated part (the engines) already strapped to the 262 and they would be identical As well as her bombs (3x250s, 3x500s, 2x250s and 1x500 or 2x250s and 1x1000)...only problem is you'd need to model the wings, fuselage and cockpit from scratch as well as I presume get data and then model the RATO systems for her so yeah probably mid way or near the end for her still...

I can dream though 

Since the 109 is largely a matter of removing the boost I wouldn't expect any fancier plane to arrive sooner than that. It's practically already in the game!

Edited by Luftschiff

4 hours ago, Southernbear said:

perhaps the P-51 B/C as we have the Alison engine in the P-40 and the Packard in the P-51D

I think the B/C used the Rolls Royce Merlin (the same model 61 as in the Spit IX?). Only the A-36/Mustang I-II/P-51A used the Allison. I think.

I suspect the 109 and 190 will be first, but amongst the Allied aircraft I feel the Spit will be first for the reason =621=Samikatz stated.

I'm just looking forward to all the British planes so I can skin the crap out of them. Mostly the Typhoon, but I'll take whatever they throw at me first.

• Thanks 1

it's sad for me that Im interested in 1 plane only, maybe 2. So it gonna be like spending 80 bucks for 2 planes

109G6 late and 190A6 are gonna be first for sure. Both are very low hanging fruit, as they don't require much work beyond merging features from planes that are already modeled. 

Next I think will be the P-51B/C. Not that much work required either. Even the cockpit is largely the same as the D save for the canopy. 

P-47D razorback would also not require that much, but I have a feeling it will come a bit later, since it is possible, that they will take the time to alter some things on the bubble-top version as well to adress some of the issues some see with the FM. 

Then I think we'll see the Ju 88C6. Larger plane, multiple crew positions, but not too much work from the A4 either. 

Typhoon and Spit mk. XIV will come next, which one is first is anyone's guess. Both require sustancial research and modeling work. The Spit might be a bit closer to its Merlin powered cousins than the Typhoon is to the Tempest, but a Griffon-Spit is still a very different beast to a Merlin one. 

The rest of the twin engined planes will come last. I think we will see the Mossie first, as it is well documented and in practical terms a single-seater. Then possibly the Arado and last the Me 410, as it seems to me to be the most complex to model (two crew positions, remote controlled guns, bomb bay integrated with the cockpit, complex cockpit layout, aerodynamic quirks) 

Like with the B-25, I think the AI B-26 will be very last, as it is fairly low-priority compared to the flyables. 

That's my prediction. 

Edited by Finkeren

Apart from the fact that, AFAIK, the planeset was not yet confirmed, as there is still some research to do, my guess is, we might get the one or the other surprise, like with the BOBP planeset. Surely noone had expected to see the 262 that soon released.

But, yes the A6 and especially the G6 surely will be among the first to come. I hope the 410 will really make it into the game.

This time I don't actualy care as almost every plane can be used in the already present BOBP, so we will enjoy them more. But yeah, probably 109 or 190 will come first.

Edited by LF_Gallahad

2 hours ago, sevenless said:

There is no disclaimer stating otherwise. So the planeset mentioned here is firm.

https://il2sturmovik.com/store/battle-of-normandy/

But isn't the preorder from the same day, when Jason announced BON here in the forum and mentioned, that the planeset is not completely fix, as they still have to do some research and don't know, if they get enough info on every plane?

32 minutes ago, Yogiflight said:

But isn't the preorder from the same day, when Jason announced BON here in the forum and mentioned, that the planeset is not completely fix, as they still have to do some research and don't know, if they get enough info on every plane?

There are surviving 410s in the UK and US, plenty of preserved Luftwaffe documentation, and plenty of German speakers out there able to translate, so I don't think there's much to worry about

34 minutes ago, Yogiflight said:

I remember that as well, but in case of Me 410 I think there is no need to worry since at least two of them are in UK and US Museums.

https://www.wikiwand.com/de/Messerschmitt_Me_410#/Erhaltene_Exemplare

A Messerschmitt Me 410 A-1 / U2 is on display in the Royal Air Force Museum, the United Kingdom's Air Force Museum. [4] The aircraft with the work number 420430 was captured by British troops at Værløse in Denmark in May 1945 and flown to Farnborough on October 13, 1945. [5]
A Me 410 A-1 / U1 (often incorrectly named A-3) with the work number 10018 is in the American National Air and Space Museum. What is remarkable about this machine is that it was created using existing Me-210 assemblies (like a large part of the Me-410-A series).

I’d bet on the P-51/P-47 coming at the tail end, maybe just ahead of the Mosquito and Me410. I’m going to stick my neck out and guess the B-26 will be somewhere in the middle to be used as a substitute for the B17/24s so many keeping asking and hoping for. It would fit the bill in a lot of ways for mission builders. 

Alas, I agree the late G6 and Fw-190 will be released earliest. Understandably. 

Im gonna guess anything that could be used on current maps so g6 late, fw A6, Spit xiv, and ju88c6. Not necessarily in that order but I imagine those will be the first 4 planes we see