Sign in to follow this  
hausnm

Thrustmaster Pedals Setup for braking

Hi, 

I have new tfrp pedals from thrustmaster.

i assigned left and right brake to the pedals.

but there are some British fighters that brake simultaneously. So I was not able to set the left and right brake at once.

i had to leave it as a keyboard command. Or is there another possibility to assign left and right brake at once ?

You can also assign one of the toe brakes to do that.  I had it set up that way on my CH Pro Pedals.

You can assign just one brake pedal for "Wheel Brakes" command as advised.

But the collateral effect is that when flying in a plane with toe brakes p, e.g. P-47 this "wheel brakes" prevail and  brake both wheels simultaneous when you press that pedal.

So is need change brakes axis assignment before use an "toe brake" (e.g. P-47) plane and again for use a "differential brake" plane (e.g. Spitfire).

This is need because Bo'X' has a peculiarity that make "differential brakes" (Spit style) work for any plane - what is beneficial for "3-in-1" joysticks users, with twist rudder.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for your help. That means I always have to change brake controls according to the plane it want to fly with. Did I get that right ? 

By the way . I own BoM BoS BoK BoB, but only BoB appears here on my profile ? Is this because I bought the rest on steam ?

Yes, I th

42 minutes ago, hausnm said:

Thank you for your help. That means I always have to change brake controls according to the plane it want to fly with. Did I get that right ? 

By the way . I own BoM BoS BoK BoB, but only BoB appears here on my profile ? Is this because I bought the rest on steam ?

Yes, I think so.  Otherwise you could just assign it to a button on your joystick, which is closer to how it actually works.  At least on the Russian planes there was a lever on the stick for braking.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, jarg1 said:

Yes, I th

Yes, I think so.  Otherwise you could just assign it to a button on your joystick, which is closer to how it actually works.  At least on the Russian planes there was a lever on the stick for braking.

ah ok jarg. I think the spitfire and the tempest have levers on the stick too, I will try that.

15 minutes ago, hausnm said:

ah ok jarg. I think the spitfire and the tempest have levers on the stick too, I will try that.

Personally I like mapping them to one pedal, so that I have incremental control of the pressure, just like the lever on the stick. To me, that provides improved control over the binary nature of a button.

• Upvote 1

If you own a full Thrustmaster Hotas system with the Target software, then you can probably have two different assignments (I/O) on the brake pedals and switch between them using the lever on your joystick or pushing one of the buttons. 

Edited by IckyATLAS