andres43

Next update soon?

Posted (edited)

Our DEV's must be enjoying a much deserved winter break, but I'm biting  my nails ( or claws 😁) waiting for the panzer V Panther! Ok guys, is there any rumor of next update? 😃
Photo credit https://il2sturmovik.com/

Pz5_3.jpg.3d0ab2d569baf295fd2f06ac0e5a72e8.jpg

Edited by andres43
  • Upvote 1

We got an update right at the end of the year, for bugfixes and stuff. Everything that was ready in time was put out the door, they'll need a chance to get themselves together after the holiday before they can finish up any other in-progress stuff. I don't think we'll see any update until the end of the month at the earliest, but I expect we'll see a DD this week or next, probably regarding the Yak-9/T and Hurricane progress. 

It seems that the devs have moved to a slightly less frequent update cycle. Every update they do sucks a lot of their time up in rollout, support and hotfixes. So they are likely to wait until they have significant content or improvement before pulling the triggers. The one at the end of December was basically a Christmas gift. 

• Upvote 1

You don't need constant updates and news to enjoy the game in it's greatness that it already has.

Enjoy the game as it is now and when the updates come, and they will, you'll enjoy them too.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

I wonder if they will be able to use the new VRSS with nvidia...  I’m a new user to the VR world... it’s a bit fuzzy and quality is not as crisp as a screen but now I don’t know if I can go back... 

having the super sampling in the focal point, maybe helping to see instruments better and target through the sights would be nice :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Unfortunately the game is uncomplete without Panther. Greatness will come later.😉

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, spartan85 said:

I wonder if they will be able to use the new VRSS with nvidia...  I’m a new user to the VR world... it’s a bit fuzzy and quality is not as crisp as a screen but now I don’t know if I can go back... 

having the super sampling in the focal point, maybe helping to see instruments better and target through the sights would be nice :)

I look forward to getting support for VRSS. That would be HUGE.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, andres43 said:

Our DEV's must be enjoying a much deserved winter break, but I'm biting  my nails ( or claws 😁) waiting for the panzer V Panther! Ok guys, is there any rumor of next update? 

Patience Grasshopper...;)

1 hour ago, FlyingShark said:

You don't need constant updates and news to enjoy the game in it's greatness that it already has.

Aw man, if you'd check our friend's content history you won't find any hint of him needing constant updates. He was asking about Tank Commander, the ONLY module you don't have. :thank_you:

• Upvote 1

... to enjoy the game in it's greatness that it already has.

LOOL.... Head--->table

You are the best consumer.

Posted (edited)

Enjoy the game as it is now and when the updates come, and they will, you'll enjoy them too.

Have a nice day.

You do if it's broken 😛

Edited by RavN_Sone

12 minutes ago, RavN_Sone said:

You do if it's broken

There's always room for optimization but to call this game "broken" is a bridge too far for me.

Have a nice day.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Posted (edited)

(...) for me.

This is very true. What many people forget is the actual experience is often subjective ;) 

It is actually broken for me (and not only) now, no doubt about it. It has been since October. 😟

Salut!

Edited by RavN_Sone

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Voidhunger said:

Unfortunately the game is uncomplete without Panther. Greatness will come later.😉

Panther is a great adding and can't wait for it but what about opponents? i am surpirsed that Russian devs did not made a real opponent to German tanks such as T34/85 or Su-85 AT LEAST ....!!! at this moment a Russian player have simply no chances .........

Edited by CCG_Pips
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, FlyingShark said:

Have a nice day.

but ... but ... but ... MORE!!!!

1 minute ago, CCG_Pips said:

Panther is a great adding and can't wait for it but what about opponents? i am surpirsed that Russian devs did not made a real opponent to German tanks such as T34/85 or Su-85 AT LEAST ....!!! at this moment a Russian player have simply no chances .........

Tank Crew is Kursk and the T34/85 was 1944.  Hopefully in a future release.  Right now you have to either flank the Panther or hope the devs implement the Panther's spontaneous combustion design feature.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RavN_Sone said:

You do if it's broken 😛

Knock it off - You have no idea what “broken” is.

They are constantly hard at work making improvements, optimizing, adding features.

Try getting a 3D job done when your 3D app is suffering from a bug which causes it to crash whenever you attempt to render your scene. Then you can bitch to some Devs and use the term “broken” Until then put a sock in it.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

Broken to me was CLoD on initial release.... so painful... 

il2 :GB is not broken... let’s stop with the broken talk...

are issues, yes.  They being worked on, always... thats why I continue to support the devs.. as they support us in our hobbies and love for historical aviation... 

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

Knock it off - You have no idea

(...)

Until then put a sock in it.

Why so condescending? 😯

The fact is you have no idea what I know or what my background is, so you can apply the above to yourself. I did not attack anyone, neither have I behaved impolitely. Is it much to expect the same?

Game-breaking issues, big or small, are not acceptable in the long term. I'm sorry it annoys you to see people commenting on problems they encounter with a product, but that's to be expected when problems occur.

57 minutes ago, RavN_Sone said:

Why so condescending? 😯

The fact is you have no idea what I know or what my background is, so you can apply the above to yourself. I did not attack anyone, neither have I behaved impolitely. Is it much to expect the same?

Game-breaking issues, big or small, are not acceptable in the long term. I'm sorry it annoys you to see people commenting on problems they encounter with a product, but that's to be expected when problems occur.

You say it's broken. How so? Have you tried a clean install? That typically clears up any issues I bump into now and then after a new patch comes out. But overall, I'd disagree the sim is "broken". This team really works hard on the game and for us as customers. To claim otherwise is unjust.

If you have specific issues, state what they are and perhaps someone here can help. Most people here are pretty savvy when something isn't working correctly. Either the game, Windows or even your own system.

Of course, it's all well documented in the tech subsection of the forum. There's a lot of user feedback but that's it. 

2 hours ago, RavN_Sone said:

Of course, it's all well documented in the tech subsection of the forum. There's a lot of user feedback but that's it. 

Not bashing. Honestly curious.

What is the bug/issue that renders your game broken?

I'm asking becasue I'm not having time to play (family issue), but I needed a brake today and played a tiny bit of MP and found it prety much as always.

Haven't played SP so maybe the problem is there?

Cheers

9 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

I look forward to getting support for VRSS. That would be HUGE.

Apparently it has nothing to do with game devs, Nvidia needs to open it up to all games instead of the limited list that we have currently.

Source: 

19 hours ago, CCG_Pips said:

Is a complicate issue far away the campaigns and playing at multiplayer... in kurks the Soviets sent a large number of tanks to confront the German armored ones, perhaps a useful option would be to allow the use of AI tank platoon under the player orders in multiplayer mode... 

Edited by andres43
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, andres43 said:

Is a complicate issue far away the campaigns and playing at multiplayer... in kurks the Soviets sent a large number of tanks to confront the German armored ones, perhaps a useful option would be to allow the use of AI tank platoon under the player orders in multiplayer mode... 

May be, I do not know , for sure, dev's should take in consideration playable issue when product is released, before launching a project.

At this moment it is absolutly not enjoying to play on Russian side any mission or campaign. Russian is just a target for German Tiger and Panther (soon)......this as nothing to do with quality of tanks designing (outstanding) or history accuracy of the material.

Just to say that Kursk was, may be not the right battle to make. Historically, the Russians won the battle by the enormous mass of armored vehicles which attacked the Panzer Divisions but at the cost of how many losses? HUGE .... This is not applicable to a game. I also point out that Su-152 WAS NOT (large debate between historians during years and years) present at the battle and is nevertheless included in the tank set.

The disproportion of the forces and powers of fire make the TC simulation is so bad that nobody wants to play on Russian side....it is a pitty.😟

Edited by CCG_Pips

On 1/9/2020 at 6:29 AM, spartan85 said:

I noticed the same when I first started with Il-2.  Try using Sharpen in the Graphics settings.  Makes a big difference for me.

Every year at this time someone posts that the Russian Christmas/New Years days holidays last into mid -January and the 777 studio is pretty empty until the holidays are over....Having said this I hunger for the Panther as much as the next guy,but I have plenty to play with in the meantime......

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, istari6 said:

I noticed the same when I first started with Il-2.  Try using Sharpen in the Graphics settings.  Makes a big difference for me.

What setting do you recommend for sharpness?   At the moment I get a lot of shimmering with rivers and roads in the distance... and ground vehicles don’t focus till I’m right on them...