How to stop the Gunsight from moving with TRACK IR

hello

the title says it all , i want to stop the gunsight from moving out of its border area . Simply put , to stay exactly where it was centered and to remain there when i move my head in all directions , therefore free from head tracking . How do you do that  please ? detailed examples and how to would be greatly appreciated . 

unlikely_spider

It seems like you would want to freeze head tracking via the key assigned to that function in whatever tracking solution you're using, or alternatively to set up a snap view (which would require you assign the view to the key then hold the key down while you want to hold still).

that is a disaster and that's what i am looking to solve . If i snap back it takes away my view of the enemy i am tracking back to front view and that's how  you lose your prey . Time and time again i am losing track because of this and missing my target because i keep snapping continously  back into dead center view . How do the hot shots and top aces in IL2 configure this using TRACK IR ?  simply put i want to be able to track and  glue my sight on the target and when i am in firing position to not have to center again . 

Edited by dog1
unlikely_spider

I don't think it works the way I think you want it to, if I'm reading you correctly. You don't want the gunsight to disappear when you move your head around?

SharpeXB

I think you are misunderstanding how the refractor gun sight works. It’s supposed to stay focused at infinity, ie it’s not moving, your head is moving. So move your head and aircraft to keep the sight on the target. 

check this out

i have gone to YOUTUBE and saved 7 videos from the same author on this subject which includes Soviet and US gunsights , Having watched the above video twice  i noted the gunsight never leaves the area . Does that mean his head is fixed to the gunsight  and he follows the target while keeping his head steady in a fixed position like a rotating pivot  ? looking back 180 dgrs and back again must be done horizontally i presume .

Edited by dog1
von_Michelstamm

It’s pretty easy to do via open track. 
1. Use curves to create a shallower slope  or deadzone on your view pitch and yaw, and on your movement x and y (not z!)

2. Increase the smoothing in the acela filtering options.

3. You can even pull down the top line so your x, y movement is much more limited.

i recently stoped doing this as it was a pain to see out of low vis planes like the Gustavs

Edited by von_Michelstamm
1PL-Husar-1Esk

Default view on gunsight bind to button ,maybe reset view and dead zone in the TIR center should work the best. 

Edited by 1PL-Husar-1Esk