Fastbikkel

cant control 2 engines, tried pressing "0" but im not getting there

I have looked here on the forum and i tried going through the ingame settings like keymappings.

However, i can not control two engines on any dual engine plane.

When i take a bf-110 and fly a quick mission, i can only control the number 1 engine (left).

The number two engine is just going full throttle and i have no control.

I use a joystick with only 1 throttle so i would like to control both engines with this.

The ingame settings show me button "0" and that has an option to select engines, but maybe this is not what im looking for. Even when i select "all engines" it does not solve my problem.

Is there anyone than can somehow help or show me some more info on this?

Are you sure you have the controls mapped correctly? Sounds like you might have everything bound to Engine 1 instead of All engines. 

• Upvote 1

As an aside, a throttle quadrant or two is an excellent investment if you plan to get the most out of this game. 

Check for "select all engines"

Or simply press 1 and 2 and you control both engines. But your throttle must be set to the first engine key binding from the top and not just under engine 1 controls. :wacko:

6 hours ago, ruby_monkey said:

As an aside, a throttle quadrant or two is an excellent investment if you plan to get the most out of this game. 

can't be happier with my saitek throttle quadrant indeed :)

A throttle quadrant is nice. The CH throttle quadrant has 6 axis plus 12 button...

But back to the OP problem. You most liekely have the joystick throttle bound to No1 engine. This Will always control No1 engine, no mater if you Selec engine 1 or 2 or both

You need to either put your throttle bound  to *all engines. Or duplicate your bidding with the same leaver to throttle 1& 2.

If you do the second option you Will never be able to operate one egine without the other...

43 minutes ago, ME-BFMasserME262 said:

can't be happier with my saitek throttle quadrant indeed :)

Which one do you have, no issues?

My setup is based on a saitek X56 stick/throttle but I kept getting ghost clicks from the throttle quadrant so swapped it out for one of the Iron Mechanic throttle quadrants.

49 minutes ago, pfrances said:

Which one do you have, no issues?

My setup is based on a saitek X56 stick/throttle but I kept getting ghost clicks from the throttle quadrant so swapped it out for one of the Iron Mechanic throttle quadrants.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200106-162947.thumb.png.bd82699453bce00e87bf3f23085fa2cc.png

this one. 

I had the one that you connect to the saitek yoke. But then I decided to buy the USB one, so I could stop using the yoke (so much space wasted in my desk). Both worked always fine, no problems at all.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, ME-BFMasserME262 said:
  Hide contents

this one. 

I had the one that you connect to the saitek yoke. But then I decided to buy the USB one, so I could stop using the yoke (so much space wasted in my desk). Both worked always fine, no problems at all.

I have this one as well. Only issue I've encountered is that one or two of the axes will sometimes 'jitter' a little, like there's some noise in the inputs. Definitely worth it for the price, and I like that it clamps to the front of my desk, saves a lot of space.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

I have this one as well. Only issue I've encountered is that one or two of the axes will sometimes 'jitter' a little, like there's some noise in the inputs. Definitely worth it for the price, and I like that it clamps to the front of my desk, saves a lot of space.

yes, they are not super-acurate. But as you stated, the "jitter" is just a little and not all the time, its so rare in my case,  that I dont even care.

I can see that its not a problem with the ME262 for example, one could think those wrong inputs could set the engine on fire, but its so little noise that the fragile me262 engines doesn't suffer at all.

THanks guys, i appreciate the input.

My solution was indeed a mapping that was missing.

I had only engine 1 throttle mapped, but i missed the "engines throttle" mapping which was seperate.

After fiddling a bit with the mappings, i noticed my throttle worked in reverse as well.

But looking for that solution pointed me towards the "invert" button next to the actual mapped key/axis.

On 1/6/2020 at 7:32 PM, ME-BFMasserME262 said:
  Hide contents

this one. 

I use a couple of these (you'd be astonished at how many uses you can find for a lever). I previously used a couple of CH quadrants, which were excellent when the CH manager app worked, but gave up on them when I switched to Windows 10 and found said app's functioning to be too hit-and-miss with Win10.

Posted (edited)

I got one of these CH's cheap and it works fine. Maybe a higher end one would work better, but what I don't know, I can't want, and what I don't want, I don't buy :)

52292_0.jpg

Edited by cardboard_killer

1 hour ago, cardboard_killer said:

I got one of these CH's cheap and it works fine. Maybe a higher end one would work better, but what I don't know, I can't want, and what I don't want, I don't buy :)

52292_0.jpg

I think the CH ones are actually higher end than the Saiteks.

They're certainly sturdier. Their weakness is the reliance on CH's management app, which was hot-or-miss for me under Windows 10.