TrackIR5 + GlovePIE + Python3 + Opentrack = Advanced Overview Management

Hello everyone Found a way to transfer the data from the TrackIR 5 in Opentrack. The result is a combined overview of TrackIR + buttons. Who cares - here's the video. I will answer questions as far as possible.

Edited by 72AG_Olega
  • Like 1

@72AG_Olega

I know is not so related to your post, but maybe you can help me..

I still have some problem with open track axis...

Especially X axis give me a lot of problem...

I put some death zone, so now I have to move close to the camera limit angle to move my head in the game, but still it confuse X with yaw...

Do you have some idea how to fix it?

10 часов назад, ITAF_Airone1989 сказал:

@72AG_Olega

I know is not so related to your post, but maybe you can help me..

I still have some problem with open track axis...

Especially X axis give me a lot of problem...

I put some death zone, so now I have to move close to the camera limit angle to move my head in the game, but still it confuse X with yaw...

Do you have some idea how to fix it?

Try this:

1.If you have an x - axis dependency on the yaw axis in opentrack, remove it.

2.In the Acella opentrack filter, reduce the offset smoothing and dynamic dead zone to a minimum.

3. For the x-axis, set the linear curve by removing the fixed dead zone near zero in the curve itself.  

If this helps, then add all the above parameters gradually to an acceptable result for you. If this does not help, you need to check the opentrack setting to capture the geometry of the LEDs.

Good afternoon! After installing Python, an error may occur when running the script: No module named 'pythonosc'.

The solution was found. While I write the text, then I will make out this piece and insert it into the video and perezal all the videos, at the same time I will remove the background and turn up the volume. Then you need to do the following:

1.Go to the folder where you have installed Python, copy the path of the folder to memory, I have it next:
C:\Users\Olega\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37>

2.Run the Windows command prompt as an administrator. At the command prompt, type cd (cheinge directory) and insert the copied path with a space. You should get the following:
C:\Users\Olega\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37>  

3.Dial a command C:\Users\Olega\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37>python -m pip install setuptools wheel twine
Python will load the module installer

4.Without changing the directory type the following command
C:\Users\Olega\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37>python -m pip install python-osc
The Python will establish a link to a module it hasn't found before.

5. Then continue as in the video. We did the above procedure with a colleague in the squad and everything worked for him.

COMMANDS CAN BE COPIED TO THE COMMAND LINE FROM THE TEXT ABOVE.

Python_Error.jpg.cd1cc766f39fdd0711ec4da03a0e0d0b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The jump won, along with the inversion. First started programming the cleaning of the jump itself is half made. Then I carefully analyzed how the tracker works and realized that there is no need to add anything to the tracker on the axes at all. In short: you need to go to the tracker profile, select the yaw axis and raise the entire curve by 9 clicks with the up arrow (the horizontal bar of the curve should be at the 10 mark of the vertical axis). Then lower the center point back to zero. Next, you need to upload the source file 6DOF_only to glovpay and add the divisor 10 for the yaw axis to It, the line will look like this:

FakeTrackir.yaw = (TrackIR1.RealYaw in degrees)/10

PS: now you can rewrite the second video for installation and configuration, replacing the download archive with the modified profile at the same time.

PS, PS: I discovered that for a bunch of webcam+opentrack you can use the AOM scheme:

Opentrek1 (which receives the signal from the webcam and sends it over the network) --> Python (server1) -- > GlovePIE --> Python (server2) --> Opentrek2(which receives the signal and outputs it to the game).  And here is already code for corrections inversion will have write very, but I am confident, that can handle, although and not quickly, camping on E. in a bundle of Webcam+Opentrek can be will get rid of inversion and will work also as in trekire, and can be will promoted button on axis if need to.

PS, PS, PS: and I also found that you can use the additional Python module to output an overlay on top of the game in which there can be text and graphics. It's not very difficult. That is, it will be possible to display the toggle switches and the position of the joystick axes directly on the screen.

In short,  - the field is not plowed. All in ideas, and not so difficult to implement. If only I could find time.

Overwritten the second part of the AOM installation.

Test at the den. For me, the review has become much more stable than that of the native tracker.

Video on automatic displacement in the back hemisphere until deleted. You need to re-select the coefficients.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! Yes, Trackir4 will work the same way as Trackir5. A small part of the pilots who had it gathering dust on the shelf have already got it out and tried it - it works. And because of this scheme and anti-aliasing in Opentrack, the difference between tracker4 and tracker5 should become invisible. Getting your tracker4 you almost become a user of trackir5. I recommend that you try and write here about the result.😀

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally got over it. There are some reservations on the video, but not critical ones. Please do not judge strictly, I rushed away, I did not want to break it up in parts, because the entire context is one logical dependency.

At first, immediately after downloading, Youtube may not give you a Full HD image, then try to watch it later.

• Thanks 1