ConnorColton

What is your favorite episode of Monty Python's Flying Circus?

Posted (edited)

Mine has to be Episode 3 of Season 1, "How To Recognize Different Types of Trees From Quite A Long Way Away". From the opening sketch involving the courtroom that swings from Chapman's loony housewife to the Cardinal Richelieu impersonator, to Bicycle Repair Man, to the Restaurant Sketch, to Nudge Nudge - all tied together by "Number 1 - The Larch"... Not a second to pause and catch your breath from laughing.https://sarkariresult.onl/ Mobdro https://pnrstatus.vip/

Edited by ConnorColton

Posted (edited)

The Cycle Tour. 'Fell off near Ottery St Mary. Pump caught on trouser leg, resolved to wear shorts...' 'Fell off near Budleigh Salterton. Pump caught on socks.'

Edited by No.322_Red_Cat

Not from the TV series, I know, but the Biggus Dickus scene from Life of Brian..."He has a wife you know..."

• Upvote 1

I just laughed when I saw the OP's title. Literally out loud. You know WTF. But I see the connection now. Sly old Connor. 

I'm with Father Ted. Life of Brian. Best thing they ever did.

Yellowbeard:

"I may be blind, but I've got acute 'earing"

"We're not interested in your jewelry cloth-eyes!"

“I don’t want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal-food-trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries.”

FLYING LESSONS

Mr Anemone: Mr Chigger. So, you want to learn to fly? 
Mr Chigger: Yes. 
Mr Anemone: Right, well, up on the table, arms out, fingers together, knees bent... 
Mr Chigger: No, no, no. 
Mr Anemone: (very loudly) Up on the table! (Mr Chigger gets on the table) Arms out, fingers together, knees bent, now, head well forward. Now, flap your arms. Go on, flap, faster... faster... faster... faster, faster, faster, faster - now jump! (Mr Chigger jumps and lands on the floor) Rotten. Rotten. You're no bloody use at all. You're an utter bloody wash-out. You make me sick, you weed! 
Mr Chigger: Now look here... 
Mr Anemone: All right, all right. I'll give you one more chance, get on the table... 
Mr Chigger: Look, I came here to learn how to fly an aeroplane. 
Mr Anemone: A what? 
Mr Chigger: I came here to learn how to fly an aeroplane. 
Mr Anemone: (sarcasticaly) Oh, 'an aeroplane'. Oh, I say, we are grand, aren't we? (imitation posh accent) 'Oh, oh, no more buttered scones for me, mater. I'm off to play the grand piano'. 'Pardon me while I fly my aeroplane.' Now get on the table! 
Mr Chigger: Look. No one in the history of the world has ever been able to fly like that. 
Mr Anemone: Oh, I suppose mater told you that while you were out riding. Well, if people can't fly what am I doing up here? 
Mr Chigger: You're on a wire. 
Mr Anemone: Oh, a wire. I'm on a wire, am I? 
Mr Chigger: Of course you're on a bloody wire. 
Mr Anemone: I am not on a wire. I am flying. 
Mr Anemone: I am flying. 
Mr Anemone: I'll show you whether I'm on a wire or not. Give me the 'oop. 
Mr Chigger: What? 
Mr Anemone: Oh, I don't suppose we know what an 'oop is. I suppose pater thought they were a bit common, except on the bleedin' croquet lawn. 
Mr Chigger: Oh, a hoop. 
Mr Anemone: 'Oh an hoop.' (taking hoop) Thank you, your bleeding Highness. Now. Look. (he waves hoop over head and feet) 
Mr Chigger: Go on, right the way along. 
Mr Anemone: All right, all right, all right. (he moves hoop all the way along himself allowing the wire to pass through obvious gap in hoop's circumference). Now, where's the bleeding wire, then? 
Mr Chigger: That hoop's got a hole in. 
Mr Anemone: Oh Eton and Madgalene. The hoop has an hole in. Of course it's got a hole in, it wouldn't be a hoop otherwise, would it, mush! 

• Haha 1

This:

• Upvote 1

Pet shop scene returning the dead parrot.... the best!

From the TV show, it would be the Cheese Shop sketch.

From the record albums, it'd have to be the Novel Writing sketch:

But my all-time favorite is the Constitutional Peasants scene from the movie:

• Upvote 1

'Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help, I'm being repressed!'

Best line ever. :drinks:

• Haha 1

On 1/6/2020 at 10:12 AM, Daedallus said:

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!:yahoo:

That was funny...  Also-

"What's on the telly?"

"Looks like a penguin."

"In 5 seconds your penguin will explode."

Man does this thread bring back great memories! I was in high school and tried to catch the series on TV. This was before they made their movies. My dad, God rest his soul, would kinda grimace every time I watched it. Great times. It’s also great to see the new generations latching on to it as well!

I believe it was a Hungarian tourist sketch but some lines evidently got fouled up when he tried talking to the merchant while consulting his translation book. One was “If I said you had a great body, would you hold it against me?” and the other was in response to something the store merchant said, “My hovercraft is full of eels.”

Still chuckling about it after all these years. For anyone interested Netflix now carries the series online.

Also, another British comedy that I absolutely LOVE is the Fawlty Towers series with John Cleese. Funny as hell. Ironically is wasn’t as big a hit in the UK as it was here in the States.

Lol...thanks for starting this thread!

D088B2FB-34E7-4D2B-919B-85BD765D5AF9.jpeg

RIP Terry Jones.  S!

• Sad 1

On 1/4/2020 at 4:24 PM, Trooper117 said:

“I don’t want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal-food-trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries.”

Best german newspaper headline lately : Tschüss, ihr Engländer !

Spoiler

brexit.thumb.jpg.d376c349c055ef329a4775f5f47b9ed9.jpg