Sign in to follow this  
MrHemlocks

New player starter manual or guide?

Posted (edited)

Hello

Is there a updated guide for new players? I was trying to configure the key settings and OMG! There are just so many key settings and I am not sure what the heck some of them apply to. Need a guide as to how to set up the key controls.

Also, I did not see any starter tutorial/training missions. Are there any? I just saw stuff like quick missions, careers and campaign being offered along with multiplayer. So, far this game is not too new player friendly. 😂

Edited by MrHemlocks
  • Upvote 1

Hello and welcome MrHemlocks 😀

There are no actual tutorial missions in the game that will teach you how to fly the planes. But there are numeros videos on YouTube on learning how to set up your controls, the basics of flight and how to fight. You will find the links to these tutorials under the Manuals, Tutorials, Guides and Tips  tab on this Forums main page. Some important tutorials are pinned at the top, but otherwise just do a search and you will be sure to find lots of info on the topics you look for.

I have made a few tutorial videos my self on how to taxi, takeoff and land, and fly different aerobatic maneuvers. You can just click on one of the banners below my message and you will be taken to my YouTube channel :)

Hope this will point you in the right direction. Happy flying  :salute:

• Upvote 1

It's a Russian game. You learn the hard way!

Welcome on board btw. :)

• Haha 1

The IL-2 Resources post has plenty of links to useful videos and other information.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks guys...these links and info will be of great use!

Edited by MrHemlocks
  • Like 1