Algy-Lacey

Not sure when watching if real

I just watched this clip and at several points I couldn't tell if it were real or simulation. That's magical. I want this in VR.

1 hour ago, Algy-Lacey said:

I just watched this clip and at several points I couldn't tell if it were real or simulation.

Oh what a time to be alive!

Try flying it really low over any British beach; if it's not covered in discarded plastic bags and other rubbish, then rest assured you're definitely not flying a real plane.

• Haha 2

Only 20,000 blu-ray disk to ship as a physical copy.  Count me in!

• Haha 1

I hope this thing uses multiple CPU cores and doesn't just need one running at 8GHz.

For this, I'd splurge on a 3700X.

• Upvote 1

I hear they talk about subscription price every month. Anyone able to confirm that? 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

it happens to me nowadays with many games, shortsightedness acutes the effect

4 hours ago, No.322_LuseKofte said:

I hear they talk about subscription price every month. Anyone able to confirm that? 

I've heard that, but not sure.

I wonder if you have to pay for it initially and then pay each month? Like $100 for the sim and then $15 as month for server access.

i also "heard" that its not vr supported either.

both a sub model and no vr are a bit of a turn off, for me. id love to get hard info from those of you on the know!

• Sad 1

On 1/1/2020 at 9:59 AM, CanadaOne said:

I hope this thing uses multiple CPU cores and doesn't just need one running at 8GHz.

For this, I'd splurge on a 3700X.

From one of their later video talks I pretty sure I heard that it takes advantage of multiple cores - which would be a first in PC gaming.

E3786669-5601-456E-AEE2-D8D026EEAD12.png

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, BornToBattle said:

From one of their later video talks I pretty sure I heard that it takes advantage of multiple cores - which would be a first in PC gaming.

E3786669-5601-456E-AEE2-D8D026EEAD12.png

Only flightsimming though, no?

I've seen CPU test videos on youtube where some games eat up all the cores.

Could be on other games but so far no flight sims that I’m aware of. Please correct me if I’m wrong. I do have IL2 with sliders right in VR and runs well. There was a great thread concerning this matter if I ever run across it I’ll post.

Il2 is using six cores most of the time, but a lot of things are done on a single core. I've seen one core run at 100% while the rest sit there on multiple occasions wile playing.

DCS is a bit better in that respect, but the game is bigger and more complex.  

I recorded a quick mission in DCS that shows the CPU usage in a simple of line quick mission.  This is recorded at 1440p, so most of the time my CPU is waiting on my older 1080TI to build the frames. At 1080p i would get higher frames and the CPU would work harder, but this are the settings i play at.

Edited by Jaws2002