Fangio

Saitek Throttle Quadrant not recognized

Hi everyone, 

I just bought the Saitek Throttle Quadrant, thought it would make an exccelent addition to my Hotas.

But it seems the game does not recognize the thing. I tried it on FSX and Rise of Flight, it worked perfect. But not in IL-2.

I did some research on the forum and web, and it seems people are using the throttle quadrant with the game.

Am I missing something?

Hi,

I have one of these and it works just fine with RoF, DCS, iL2 1946, CLOD and BoX series.

Have you tried using a different USB port, this has worked for me in the past, or unplug and re-plug it in then restart your PC, this worked for me the other day when BoX stopped seeing my throttle.

Good luck!

Posted (edited)

I have used different USB ports and restarted the pc several times to no avail. 

Edited by Fangio

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Fangio said:

Hi everyone, 

I just bought the Saitek Throttle Quadrant, thought it would make an exccelent addition to my Hotas.

But it seems the game does not recognize the thing. I tried it on FSX and Rise of Flight, it worked perfect. But not in IL-2.

I did some research on the forum and web, and it seems people are using the throttle quadrant with the game.

Am I missing something?

Strange - this device should work without any trouble in IL-2. So, in fact you said it works in FSX and ROF, right? And I suppose

you can see and test it under Windows devices?

When you launch IL-2, does the game recognize or "find" a new device at the beginning after you logged in? Usually, when you

add a new device and start IL-2, the game will recognize it or a least tell you that some input device has changed. What did

you observe in this regard?

Check the file "device.txt" in your "data\input" folder of your game directory - you can open it to see what devices are "seen"

by your game.

Edited by -=-THERION

1 hour ago, -=-THERION said:

Strange - this device should work without any trouble in IL-2. So, in fact you said it works in FSX and ROF, right? And I suppose

you can see and test it under Windows devices?

When you launch IL-2, does the game recognize or "find" a new device at the beginning after you logged in? Usually, when you

add a new device and start IL-2, the game will recognize it or a least tell you that some input device has changed. What did

you observe in this regard?

Check the file "device.txt" in your "data\input" folder of your game directory - you can open it to see what devices are "seen"

by your game.

Yes, it shows under Windows devices. I can calibrate en test de axis. Seems fine. 

I’m running the game via Steam. I’ve never seen any message about new devices or whatsoever. Nor do I have a login screen. 

But I’ve openend the devices.txt and it doesn’t show the throttle quadrant. Only my T-Rudder, and both Hotas throttle and joystick. 

How many devices do you have connected? Does it show any other devices in devices.txt other than your rudder and throttle & joystick?

29 minutes ago, PO_Baldrick said:

How many devices do you have connected? Does it show any other devices in devices.txt other than your rudder and throttle & joystick?

It only shows rudder, throttle and joystick. 
Beside that, I have a keyboard, mouse, headset and TrackIR connected and of course the throttle quadrant. I read that IL-2 supports up to 8 devices? But I don’t think headset and TIR counts?

57 minutes ago, Fangio said:

It only shows rudder, throttle and joystick. 
Beside that, I have a keyboard, mouse, headset and TrackIR connected and of course the throttle quadrant. I read that IL-2 supports up to 8 devices? But I don’t think headset and TIR counts?

Yes I don't think those other devices count. I have never really got my head around the limit though, I am running a lot of devices but it seems adding a new one sometimes will remove another one I want even if at or below 8 devices.

You could try unplugging your rudder and throttle & joystick and see it if shows up. Then add the others and see what happens.

Alternatively using something like Joystick Gremlin and Vjoy and mapping the Saitek controls to a virtual joystick might work, or use Joy2key to map the Saitek buttons to key strokes if all else fails.

Install saitek throttle program, it has right drivers. That program will make your throttle visible to game.
I have it, works like butter.

PS: my only problem is saitek x52, it is not visible to joy2key and game at same time (only to 1 program in focus). Then I need every time to open usb game controller settings, choose joystick, and open calibration. As long as that window is in backgroung, everything works

On 1/1/2020 at 8:52 PM, PO_Baldrick said:

Yes I don't think those other devices count. I have never really got my head around the limit though, I am running a lot of devices but it seems adding a new one sometimes will remove another one I want even if at or below 8 devices.

You could try unplugging your rudder and throttle & joystick and see it if shows up. Then add the others and see what happens.

Alternatively using something like Joystick Gremlin and Vjoy and mapping the Saitek controls to a virtual joystick might work, or use Joy2key to map the Saitek buttons to key strokes if all else fails.

So, I finally managed some time to try out the things you’ve said. I did unplug every device and start adding one by one. After the first time the game recognized the Throttle Quadrant, but I had to switch it with the Hotas Throttle (The notification about new controller like you’ve mentioned). It pops up in de “devices” file in de IL-2 folder. 
The thing is however, the throttle quadrant works fine now, so is every button and switch on the Hotas, but the Hotas levers and switches on the levers don’t work anymore. I tried playing with the device file, deleting both throttles and restarting the game. The only option I get is changing the controls from the Hotas to the quadrant, but not vice versa. 

I did try to install Joystick Gremlin, but I get a error message and can’t complete the installation. I will try Vjoy soon. 
I have all the latest drivers installed. 

So, I’m glad the Throttle Quadrant is working now, but it’s annoying the Hotas Throttle works only half. 

Thanks for the help so far! It has been really useful.  

Alright, new day, new chance. 
I’ve figured it out finally. Probably I was too fast binding the keys, which resulted in the game recognizing buttons instead of axes. 

So I got everything running fine now, no problems anymore. I learned a thing or two along the way. 

Thank you to everybody for their tips and suggestions. 

Have a good one. 

I have the same problem. I tried everything above and nothing. It does find my quadrant when I plug it in and boot the game. But it will not recognize any buttons or axis when I move them or try to assign .

The computer recognizes it. The game will if I plug in one by one but no axis can get assigned and it doesnt show in my list of devices in the input folder afterwards. Its so strange. I have tried it with both the official drivers and the generic. Also if I just disconnect all my other joysticks and just plug in throttle quadrant, every time I start the game it says I have a new controller and I try to switch the programming to the new controller and then program the controller and nothing happens. The axis's or the buttons are not recognized.

However every time I restart the game it keeps telling me I have a new controller.

EDIT(FIX)

Found the fix! Just deleted my devices.txt file. Worked like a charm. Although, I had to remap all but one of my sticks. Still was able to get it going!

Edited by Babayega