busdriver

The latest career update on our hero Requiem

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy MN. 

• Thanks 1

Yes, congrats! Welcome to the North Star State. Since the inventions of heating and cold weather clothing it really isn’t all the bad. What aircraft are you type rated for?

18 hours ago, BornToBattle said:

Yes, congrats! Welcome to the North Star State. Since the inventions of heating and cold weather clothing it really isn’t all the bad. What aircraft are you type rated for?

CL-65 (for CRJ-900)

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, SYN_Requiem said:

CL-65 (for CRJ-900)

CRJ is a real hotrod with its twitchy handling and a wraparound cabin. It can be a handful for an unwary pilot. At least that was my impression after I stepped off a "magic carpet ride" onboard 747. But of course I was just a passenger, I am sure you guys are well trained for those small regional jets. Respect.

Congrats! I'll be looking for you on FlightTracker24 high above over Wisconsin.

Notice To Airmen:

Shortly after 1300 Central Standard Time or 1900 GMT our hero @SYN_Requiem was given the keys to the jet and told to go forth and transport unsuspecting paying customers around the United States and Canada (sorry guys). This notice will expire after a brief period of Operating Experience (~25 flying hours supervised by an instructor pilot acting as his First Officer).  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 3

Cheers 😁 I'm so glad to have been able to make it this far in this short of a timeframe. This milestone is the biggest step forward I've had to make with a ton more responsibility. When you're the First Officer you can look left and see the Captain for guidance...as the Captain if you look left you see a reflection in the window LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, busdriver said:

@SYN_Requiem was given the keys to the jet and told to go forth and transport unsuspecting paying customers 

Those passengers are in for a surprise when he gives them a practical lesson from his 'air combat tutorials' ...

• Haha 1

I look forward to hearing your calming voice on a plane ride soon. Congrats!

• Thanks 1

URGENT NOTICE TO AIRMEN

Well folks it's what we've all been preparing for, if you could please raise your middle finger in salute to our very own @SYN_Requiem and repeat along with me those solemn words...

"You're number one...you're number one...you're number one...[you can stop now]"

On March 4, 2020 while commanding  Endeavor Air flight 5228 between Baton Rouge (KBTR) and Atlanta (KATL)

2133556271_BTR-ATL.thumb.jpg.3f350a42ca92a144cc3a382364ac67be.jpg

And followed by Endeavor Air flight 4825 from KATL to Shreveport (KSHV)

1274282686_ATL-SHV.thumb.jpg.cc5ff450e769fe665715cb83f29341b5.jpg

He successfully completed his Operating Experience (OE) and dazzled the check airman administering his Line Check.  He is now fully licensed to terrify impress paying customers as a Bombardier CRJ-900 captain operating under Part 121 of the FARs.

I for one, am very proud of OUR @SYN_Requiem

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Do we have to salute him (with any or all fingers) when he's on Combat Box?

Kudos Req!  :salute:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimTM said:

Do we have to salute him (with any or all fingers) when he's on Combat Box?

Kudos Req!  :salute:

I'm accustomed to the middle finger from @busdriverso that's fine lol

Just doing what I was trained to do so the line checks just felt like a regular flight, which is a good mentality to have to prevent getting caught up in the fact you're having a reportable evaluation.

Looking forward to the moment of realisation when that door closes for the first time when I have an actual FO next to me.

• Like 5

Dangerous times to fly airliners. :unsure:

Good luck and stay safe.

• Thanks 1

Well, with this Wuhan thing, at least I can postpone my fear of flying Endeavor for a little bit!  :biggrin: 

I'm way late to see all this great news, so a belated but hearty congrats to you, Requiem!!  Absolutely fantastic!  Hope left seat's been great to you so far.

Sadly, I expect you'll have a minimal schedule here soon - if you're not already there.  I hear the airlines are cutting back pretty hard over fears for now.  If there's a silver lining to that (besides more time at home), I guess it's more videos for those of us who look forward to them.  Anyway we all hope this situation passes quickly.

Meanwhile, hi to your better half from me, and I'll try to find you online or otherwise here soon, now that I'm finally starting to have some free time again here & there.

Busdriver, thanks for keeping us up to date here!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, =FI=Blue2 said:

I hear the airlines are cutting back pretty hard over fears for now.

Across the pond in Europe, some countries (e.g. Poland) have grounded their entire fleets. Others (Austria) will follow.

This one is getting big. Really big.

Posted (edited)

normal flue killed 500k in 2019

this is the smartest virus ever it doesnt kill leads its prey insane

if by 5k death people is histerical and the stocks are about to collapse wait, the fun hasnt started yet

i had to take down the garbage of my old neighbour and offer my work for free because everybody is paranoid about germs

i check the skies and there are no planes any more here in spain

Edited by raaaid

1 hour ago, Bremspropeller said:

Across the pond in Europe, some countries (e.g. Poland) have grounded their entire fleets. Others (Austria) will follow.

This one is getting big. Really big.

Civilian aircraft, like the cruise ships pack a lot of people in a small space and recirculate the air through out the plane, dramatically increasing the spread of viruses.

Canada just closed to all foreign travelers except from USA(for now) and the PM is urging all Canadians abroad to return home. Only five major Canadian airports will receive international flights. 

Raaaid, this is not regular flu. I was watching this since December and have seen the videos from China and else where. You should know that by now.

This looks more like a bio weapon than flu.

On 3/16/2020 at 1:37 PM, =FI=Blue2 said:

Well, with this Wuhan thing, at least I can postpone my fear of flying Endeavor for a little bit!  :biggrin: 

I'm way late to see all this great news, so a belated but hearty congrats to you, Requiem!!  Absolutely fantastic!  Hope left seat's been great to you so far.

Sadly, I expect you'll have a minimal schedule here soon - if you're not already there.  I hear the airlines are cutting back pretty hard over fears for now.  If there's a silver lining to that (besides more time at home), I guess it's more videos for those of us who look forward to them.  Anyway we all hope this situation passes quickly.

Meanwhile, hi to your better half from me, and I'll try to find you online or otherwise here soon, now that I'm finally starting to have some free time again here & there.

Busdriver, thanks for keeping us up to date here!

Thanks mate, I've enjoyed the left seat a lot so far for sure. It's great being able to set the tone instead of adapting to it with some Captains. Things aren't looking too great for the months ahead. I'm going to be home all of April (I've chosen to take unpaid leave as it was offered) so there's going to be plenty of time for flight sims / video work at least. I'm planning on being available for reserve again in May so hopefully there will be some kind of schedule to go back to. We should catch up online soon (we can do something in RL once all this passes!)