Sign in to follow this  
Sybreed

Virpil MT50 Throttle knobs not working?

Hey, I've been trying to set new bindings for the gyro sights in BoBP planes and I thought the 3 knobs on the MT50 Throttle would be perfect for that.

For some reason though, they aren't working at all in game. Same for the rotary knob on the right throttle. Seems like the game is detecting multiple presses in multiple directions at the same time and can't make up its mind. The VPC tester seems to prove they work normally though.

Anyone found a way to make them work?

3 hours ago, Sybreed said:

Hey, I've been trying to set new bindings for the gyro sights in BoBP planes and I thought the 3 knobs on the MT50 Throttle would be perfect for that.

For some reason though, they aren't working at all in game. Same for the rotary knob on the right throttle. Seems like the game is detecting multiple presses in multiple directions at the same time and can't make up its mind. The VPC tester seems to prove they work normally though.

Anyone found a way to make them work?

Your 3 E1-2-3 knobs don't have a centre detent and have no rotation limit, so require you to do one full rotation before you see the range change in small increments. The two bigger knobs A1 and A2 have a centre detent and rotation limits, which work correctly for range adjustment in either plus or minus depending whether you rotate clockwise or anti clockwise past the detent.

Edited by bzc3lk

On 12/30/2019 at 12:25 AM, bzc3lk said:

Your 3 E1-2-3 knobs don't have a centre detent and have no rotation limit, so require you to do one full rotation before you see the range change in small increments. The two bigger knobs A1 and A2 have a centre detent and rotation limits, which work correctly for range adjustment in either plus or minus depending whether you rotate clockwise or anti clockwise past the detent.

that explains why they don't work correctly, but does that mean they're useless for IL-2 or other games for that matter?

Is there way to make them work as intended?

Are they rotarary encoders like a mouse wheel?

16 minutes ago, DD_Crash said:

Are they rotarary encoders like a mouse wheel?

I think that's how they behave yeah

In T50 throttle  some knobs are analog axes, others are Encoder.

The first type require that game command support analog axis.

For the second they will work in any command that allow set joy buttons/Key press, encoder press a button repeatedly when turned clockwise and another when turned counterclockwise.

12 minutes ago, Sokol1 said:

In T50 throttle  some knobs are analog axes, others are Encoder.

The first type require that game command support analog axis.

For the second they will work in any command that allow set joy buttons/Key press, encoder press a button repeatedly when turned clockwise and another when turned counterclockwise.

yes. That, I am aware. But, the E1-3 encoders on the MT-50 don't seem to work properly. Or, IL-2 seems to believe when I turn one, it doesn't press any button (although it lets me bind it to that rotation for some reason)

You could try setting a longer delay for those rotary buttons in Virpil Configuration Tool:

I honestly thought E1-E2-E3 would work like a mouse wheel. It would make our life so easier if it did.

Sybreed,

I've got the same throttle, the E1, 2 and 3 knobs work great for the 3 trim axis and the 2 larger knobs for inlet/outlet cooler flaps.

Cheers

10 hours ago, keeno said:

Sybreed,

I've got the same throttle, the E1, 2 and 3 knobs work great for the 3 trim axis and the 2 larger knobs for inlet/outlet cooler flaps.

Cheers

really? Without modifying anything in the software?

21 hours ago, Sybreed said:

I honestly thought E1-E2-E3 would work like a mouse wheel. It would make our life so easier if it did.

T50CM E-1-2-3 indeed work like a mouse wheel, both devices use encoder inside.

Your issue is probable related with encoder timing, try adjust in VPC software.

4 hours ago, Sokol1 said:

T50CM E-1-2-3 indeed work like a mouse wheel, both devices use encoder inside.

Your issue is probable related with encoder timing, try adjust in VPC software.

Or the way the gyro gunsight adjustments are programmed don't work nicely with e1-e3

Sybreed,

yep... just opened the Virpil software to check everything works and calibrated then close it down and everything worked first time with BoX. To get everything to work in iL2 1946 and cliffs of Dover you have to use JoytoKey set to 128 inputs then BOOM! a whole new flight simming world opens up, (Thanks to Sokol for his advice there!)

Good luck