Sign in to follow this  
chiefpissingbear

Need Help With My new Joy Stick

Hello I just invested even more into my flight sim experience with a new warthog HOTAS stick and throttle but cannot for the life of me figure out how to set up my key binds correctly. I even resorted to using the preset key binds that thrust master had published for the HOTAS but the joy stick wont even steer the damn plane and i have no idea why. I had also had an issue with setting up the trigger to fire MG's on the first part of the trigger pull and all guns with a full trigger pull. Again i have no idea why this stuff isn't working as i've never had this much difficulty with any of my previous cheaper joysticks. I would really appreciate some help with this joystick because I have been itching to get into this game but was waiting until my HOTAS and now it is not working. 

If there is a discord i can join to get this working or a file i can use with someone else key binds that work or ANY help i will be forever in your debt.

Thanks,

Ethan.

Check you have selected joystick in the input screen. Check that you have set up the plane controls correctly maybe look on youtube for a video and after setting the axis click the accept button. Are you using TARGET software? this will combine the stick and throttle into one device.

Edited by DD_Crash

Since you looks don't have much experience with joystick setup, don't use TARGET software, will only add confusion.

If choose use the IL-2 Sturmovik pre made profile from Thrustmaster support page, maybe you need assign axes, the profile layout  show only buttons assigned.

If not you need assign every axis, HAT, buttons in game for the functions that you want control.

Example, in Plane Controls select Roll (ailerons) and assign joystick X axis, etc.

I had also had an issue with setting up the trigger to fire MG's on the first part of the trigger pull and all guns with a full trigger pull.

Without use TARGET, how assign:

Select "Fire primary weapon", and when assignment window pop-up:

Press trigger until first stage click and HOLD pressed.

Close the assignment window clicking in OK.

While hold trigger pressed, select "Fire all weapons" and press the trigger until second stage click.

Click OK and done.

IMHO - "Fire all weapons" in some situations is just waste of ammo.