Skopikus

How to turn off chat beeping?

Yes, there was a thread about this, but...

Ahoy folks!

Is there some sort of configs that let you turn off beeping, chat beeping that you can hear even if your bloody HUD is off? It's so annoying! 

And radio messages? How to turn those machinery talks? Or make some normal chats

Usually games and programs have settings for things like that, but IL2 only have one, not needed what so ever, setting in Audio - "volume". You joking devs?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

You can turn off the chat bell by unticking the interface sounds in the game options. Its in the game section.

• Upvote 1

lol we cant have a complain or suggestion without a "are you kidding devs" or "joking devs?" or "**** you devs!" or whatever ranting towards the devs these last days

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, ME-BFMasserME262 said:

lol we cant have a complain or suggestion without a "are you kidding devs" or "joking devs?" or "**** you devs!" or whatever ranting towards the devs these last days

Seriously agree. The entitlement is real.

1 час назад, Leon_Portier сказал:

You can turn off the chat bell by unticking the interface sounds in the game options. Its in the game section.

Bless you! Did it!

37 минут назад, ME-BFMasserME262 сказал:

Sound settings in game settings? It's not a joke for you? It's still looks like a joke for me.

• Sad 2

22 minutes ago, Skopikus said:

Bless you! Did it!

Sound settings in game settings? It's not a joke for you? It's still looks like a joke for me.

no it doesn't look like a joke to me. As a developer, and a human as well, I make mistakes too.

5 часов назад, Leon_Portier сказал:

It didn't worked.

3 часа назад, ME-BFMasserME262 сказал:

no it doesn't look like a joke to me. As a developer, and a human as well, I make mistakes too.

So atleast you agree it is not quite smart idea to put sound settings in not Sound section of settings?

Aaaand it didn't work. These beeps are still there, but now I don't see chat. 

I will ask my question again.

Is there config files to turn off beeping system sounds, without turning off all game audio?

Edited by Skopikus
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Skopikus said:

It didn't worked.

So atleast you agree it is not quite smart idea to put sound settings in not Sound section of settings?

Aaaand it didn't work. These beeps are still there, but now I don't see chat. 

I will ask my question again.

Is there config files to turn off beeping system sounds, without turning off all game audio?

Nope, you can turn off all the chats / technochat etc. - the beep will stay. But this is also a good thing. Why?

Well, I have all chat things turned of, but actually when flying in MP and there is an important message like

one of our own sites/target are being attacked, I can turn on the the hud to see the coordinates of the attack.

34 минуты назад, -=-THERION сказал:

Nope, you can turn off all the chats / technochat etc. - the beep will stay. But this is also a good thing. Why?

Well, I have all chat things turned of, but actually when flying in MP and there is an important message like

one of our own sites/target are being attacked, I can turn on the the hud to see the coordinates of the attack.

Sad very sad. 

This sounds are annoying, there is no good side about them. I do check chat message by my self, don't need any beeping. 

Maybe someone knows UK phone number to call them and ask? Coz I don't think you can solve anything here, on forum. 

Also I like chats and like to see what ppl saying, but without beeping please.

Also if delete "radio" folder in data/sound mechanical voices go away.

Edited by Skopikus
  • Sad 2

Yeah, I don’t have any “beeping” so I’m guessing it’s the interface sounds selection that you need to uncheck.

30.12.2019 в 12:32, Jaegermeister сказал:

Yeah, I don’t have any “beeping” so I’m guessing it’s the interface sounds selection that you need to uncheck.

29.12.2019 в 21:47, Raven109 сказал:

image.png.472e18706ea42f13050c507c7713ea2a.png

image.png.fc8e73f2bf09286580119fb8b426d885.png

Bless you fellas! But before I had only volume slider in sounds menu. NowI have those check boxes. 

Thank you! 😘

• Sad 1