jollyjack

Rise of Flight stll worth it?

"Ok , but the facts are that for ww1 CFS genre there will be no more stuff this year," 

So this quote is not actually based on any facts. 

With so many dev posts spread in different threads in different parts of the site stating facts should be stating facts

Cheers, Dakpilot 

3 minutes ago, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

Plus if you want gun dispersion similar to FC in ROF - server can use improved gunnery option.

Unfortunately, there will still be a noticeable difference in shooting in RoF and FC, because in these games different ballistics of the shot

8 minutes ago, emely said:

Unfortunately, there will still be a noticeable difference in shooting in RoF and FC, because in these games different ballistics of the shot

Not true try use improved gunnery in ROF - it was changed based on Il2 BOS research.

8 minutes ago, emely said:

14 minutes ago, Dakpilot said:

"Ok , but the facts are that for ww1 CFS genre there will be no more stuff this year," 

So this quote is not actually based on any facts. 

With so many dev posts spread in different threads in different parts of the site stating facts should be stating facts

Cheers, Dakpilot 

Facts ? If you are writing about plans in 2020 and you saying that you do this and that , but saying nothing about FC vol2 . This true, that you be doing FC vol2  in one year or not  and can it be a fact? It's is all in future so they always deside otherwise and in 2021 can be seen as fact , anyways they have  plans to do something else.

Edited by 1PL-Husar-1Esk
  • Confused 1

I think that improved gunnery would saw planes in half anyways, with or without stronger wings. Have you tried? Can you get hit several times and don't shake like they shake in ROF? That's a deal breaker. I can only imagine Rolands with twin spandaus with improved gunnery.

And to have a server with mods on, we go back to the niche thing. I can only see a server thrive being listed with mods off and at the barans site. J5 is proof of that. NFF went off from the barans site and I just forgot about it. Every time I fire ROF to check, there is from zero to 5 players, sometimes a bunch at the French server. When it was listed at the barans site, even I joined in when J5 was empty and there was a good crowd at NFF. I imagine that other people did the same, hence why it had almost every day a good crowd at evening.

I don't think you can reproduce the combination of DM, gunnery and physiology in ROF, plus, at least for me, the force feedback is different here. We also have better machinegun sounds and such, and stats, when you do get captured when you land in enemy territory and your streak ends. That's also a deal breaker for me. You don't have to strafe people just to get a kill in your own territory and you do not get to keep a streak if you are not careful enough to return to friendly territory.

If they do fix the visibility issues and the bugs and FC 2 is announced sometime in the future, there is no reason to come back for me. If they do not fix these things, I personally would probably not go back to ROF anyways.

Those kinds of things is what made ROF become outdated to me. But this is just me.

@SeaW0lfOfc I do tested  it years ago and with lethality mod and improved gunnery enabled you do not saw wings off. Now as FC or ROF MP community  is so small that can only gather 60 players per one or two  days a week ,going mods on mode would do not harm because there is no were to be. So if official Sunday event would be announced as mods mode on in ROF players would show up.

Those other stuff are not so important for good immersion or fun and ROF more airplanes and better maps and missions would outweigh it easy. FC vol1 alone is weak in that kind of content.

I went back to RoF, reluctantly, just after christmas.

I had intended to use I.G. on my server there but it is just too easy to shoot bots down these days with it, so it's off again.

It does help one remember to wait until close.. closer..

Although the sight of the dispersion when you fire from distance could be called one of them immersion killer thingy's.

As long as 'mods on' is a game-start feature, it's a non-starter for me.

Would have loved to run a server with mods, but with only around 20 / day visiting RoF MP since Christmas, would be a waste of time.

Not that my mods-off server isn't practically for my own amusement as it is !

At this stage, and considering there appears to be more noobs giving RoF a go rather than FC, it would be nice if the devs could spare someone for a couple of days to incorporate some of the excellent mods into the game. (and give us the old Tripe back). Not likely of course.

Back to the OP question - how could it not be. It's Free !

P.S. I take the RoF mg sounds any day S!

Edited by Zooropa_Fly
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Yeah. I get it.  You don't care. Maybe stop trashing it so the people who do care can try to get more modules.

My position has been, and still is, wait for it to go on sale.

If not wanting to crawl up the devs' buttholes hoping for a future release means I don't care; then I guess I don't care.  How many hours did you spend trying to seed FC servers last year?

Edited by J28w-Broccoli

26 minutes ago, J28w-Broccoli said:

How many hours did you spend trying to seed FC servers last year?

Not a single second.  I prefer the WW2 aircraft.  But I also haven’t spent a single second telling people it isn’t worth buying.  Something you seem to be doing every day.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

@SeaW0lfOfc I do tested  it years ago and with lethality mod and improved gunnery enabled you do not saw wings off. Now as FC or ROF MP community  is so small that can only gather 60 players per one or two  days a week ,going mods on mode would do not harm because there is no were to be. So if official Sunday event would be announced as mods mode on in ROF players would show up.

Those other stuff are not so important for good immersion or fun and ROF more airplanes and better maps and missions would outweigh it easy. FC vol1 alone is weak in that kind of content.

But that's the niche mentality that will only bury the game in my opinion. We need an open server, listed on barans and running stock so any newbie can join in at any moment, just like people usually do when they see players listed online. Don't we see WWII players login in on Sundays because they saw a server with 50+ players? Some of them are WWI newbies, some are WWII veterans that might buy the game to try it out. If people start to create barriers, it ends up basically as a private sesssion or a closed event with password required. Not really good for starting or strengthening a business.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

telling people it isn’t worth buying.

At this time, at this price.  In my opinion.

You obviously disagree.  So by all means stop jerking off here with me.  Go buy a few copies, head over to another sim forum, and give them away.  Bring in that new blood.

• Upvote 1

Newbies are finding the page with servers listing ? This is done by us, no much newbies will be going to mp before they do sp and will eventual read where to find mp community. BTW you can list mods on mode servers on that same page . 

Edited by 1PL-Husar-1Esk

Personally I loved the limited flying I did in ROF way back when, but it's dated and well past its prime I fear.

I also really love Flying Circus, especially in VR, and now having tasted flight sims in VR, I can't go back. So its only Flying Circus for me. 

I know I speak for myself and other SCG members that we would love to see a Flying Circus server populated most of the time to fly on. I love flying world war 2, but I've really got the itch lately to spend a significant amount of time in Flying Circus. 

It is absolutely true that when the server is populated it attracts more pilots. I personally know I don't bother joining when it's empty or close to it. Even if I'm itching to fly there. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, J28w-Broccoli said:

At this time, at this price.  In my opinion.

You obviously disagree.  So by all means stop jerking off here with me.  Go buy a few copies, head over to another sim forum, and give them away.  Bring in that new blood.

ok, apparently you’re going with the “tell people it’s not worth it” strategy of promoting the game.  Good luck with that!  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

Newbies are finding the page with servers listing ? This is done by us, no much newbies will be going to mp before they do sp and will eventual read where to find mp community. BTW you can list mods on mode servers on that same page . 

I linked newbies with "running stock", and this is important, because they can find the server whenever they fire the game. But I've seen quite a few newbies here asking where the action in multiplayer is, and I always refer the barans site as the main reference to find people online.

I almost wonder if the flying circus community slowly built towards a scheduled event occurring during the appropriate prime time of most evenings of the week, this may start to get people in the habit of seeing a server to join and flying there regularly. 

16 minutes ago, SCG_Wulfe said:

I almost wonder if the flying circus community slowly built towards a scheduled event occurring during the appropriate prime time of most evenings of the week, this may start to get people in the habit of seeing a server to join and flying there regularly. 

I'd like to see at least one event set on a rotating schedule, to hit more days/time zones.  Unfortunately I don't have the time or wherewithal to organize such a thing myself and keep it going.

Edited by J28w-Broccoli

The Thursday night fly in started years ago after a few squadrons said hey let's fly on Thursday nights. The sunday fly in started when GCF said hey let's fly on sundays. 

You could always just make a post and say hey let's fly on such and such night at XX:XX GMT.

I wish coconuts came back with one of those dynamic campaign servers. That would be a lot of fun and could be set at certain times each night. I really enjoyed the potential that had.

4 minutes ago, US213_Talbot said:

The Thursday night fly in started years ago after a few squadrons said hey let's fly on Thursday nights. The sunday fly in started when GCF said hey let's fly on sundays. 

Don't forget Plank's dueling server hosted by Arty on Saturdays.

12 minutes ago, J5_Klugermann said:

Don't forget Plank's dueling server hosted by Arty on Saturdays.

Don't mention Pl**k - you'll get the thread closed !

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

Not true try use improved gunnery in ROF - it was changed based on Il2 BOS research.

I am not talking about dispersing bullets, but about the trajectory of their flight.  Ballistics of a bullet, the trajectory of its flight.  Clear ?

IMG_7578.PNG

2 hours ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

Don't mention Pl**k - you'll get the thread closed !

Tongue always comes back to a sore tooth )))) 

There is nothing to be done, Klug cannot live without this guy of the day!  ;-)))

• Haha 1

For who wonders about FC2:

On 1/21/2020 at 11:28 AM, SeaW0lf said:

Think I have a bug here, every time I want to reply to this thread I get a quote from seawolf, weird.

Sounds like Jason is tired of the critiques from some. maybe when a campaign is done some might be happy. Maybe if the unhappy ones curb their displeasure for a bit then we might get a FC2. Nothing is perfect not even me. I know I know I crushed some of your ideas about me and I'm truly sorry about that but get over it.  

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, NO.20_W_M_Thomson said:

Think I have a bug here, every time I want to reply to this thread I get a quote from seawolf, weird.

For general information,  those can be deleted with the backspace key.

1 hour ago, NO.20_W_M_Thomson said:

. Maybe if the unhappy ones curb their displeasure for a bit then we might get a FC2. Nothing is perfect.

That's a bingo . Way too much griping not near enough gratitude for keeping WW1 alive and up to date. And the way your always crashing into me I know you aint perfect flight leader. lol

• Sad 1

Sounds like Jason is tired of the critiques from some. maybe when a campaign is done some might be happy. Maybe if the unhappy ones curb their displeasure for a bit then we might get a FC2. Nothing is perfect not even me. I know I know I crushed some of your ideas about me and I'm truly sorry about that but get over it.  

You're selling him off pretty short, I've been in one or two determined forum gunfights with Jason before, in particular when he more or less tested waters with the SimHQ forum community for whether or not he would be safe with us all if he skipped RoF career mode.
The resultant mass-outcry, with more than a couple of ugly posts directed at his person (distasteful, of course), ended with him saying he'd stop posting there (I certainly don't blame him), but he kept posting for as long as the forum was the de-facto RoF community outside the official RoF forums.
If you ask me, mistakes were made all across the board, by players and dev's alike, but up until the last RoF patch (I'll get into that shortly), he more than made up for his part of it.
Well, that, and a few 10 year old excursions by some team members, but that was before Jason's time, and I think it was more due to the stress and workload exerted on the team back then, and instead of antsing people off, it was actually received with humor.

No admins/mods have put a curfew in place here yet, despite the pretty serious words exchanged so far.

I'll put a wager that when Jason said "not right now" he literally meant "not right now", if he sees enough, and I'm betting FC.1 has sold enough to be noticed, I guarantee that a career-mode/early planes (not that it matters, even with all the early planes in RoF people still go with D7F's) is in consideration.
There are a plethora of reasons as to why not right now, both known ones, and those that are yet to be revealed.
We do know they're itching to make more WW2 Western Front stuff, not to mention a PTO module, we know there's a gap there, apart from the age-old EAW PTO, CFS2 and '46 (all showing their age), and despite our WW1 fetish we know there are a lot of customers itching for more WW2 theaters.

Jason and the team are definitely big ww1 fans (doh), but to develop WW1 sims (which, frankly, don't sell as much as WW2 sims) you need money, FC.1 sales are probably approaching the green, but likely not enough for a FC.2 and hope for it to keep the entire operation (GB as a whole) on the plus side in the economics department.
My guess? As good as anyone elses, but as has been mentioned before, marketing could have been better, my guess is they are well aware of that.
Still, in a niche pre-2nd-gen jet combat-age sim market, you have to put effort into definite opportunities.
PTO is definitely going to require all hands on deck, Jason implied as much a year or two ago.

My take on the situation as a whole? IMO it's got nothing to do with us having to tip-toe some imagined minefield and sneak our way into Jason's good graces, from what I know both he and the team has much thicker skin than that.
The team are doing what they do because they love it, and they love WW1, they're not some flimsy paper-dolls, they can absorb the flak.
I'll agree with others that FC.1 is lackluster for the price, and I've said more than once on Youtube comment fields and Facebook that the RoF discount for FC.1 (which was limited time, no less) was less than what I felt appropriate.
But in the end I was the one who paid money for it, I knew what I was getting, it says so in the spec-list for FC.1.
What they pulled off with the flight and damage models just before leaving RoF as is (not even leaving it optional for players or servers), well, RoF was still in-development when they did that, legally they're safe.
Then out came FC that more or less has the pre-botched RoF FM/DM's, then saying they wouldn't do the same as with RoF (botching the FM/DM), at least it's something.
Imposed karma for what the community put them through? Who knows, I've said my piece on YT/FB and will leave it at that.
Would I have liked for RoF to be what it was prior to the last patch? Affirmative.
But it's not a perfect world, I get why they did it (pre-heating for FC.1, getting people over to BoX), they were legally in the green, it is what it is.

What puts food on their tables is BoX, they made FC.1 with what was left over from paying bills, food, family, vacation, and now have to keep pursuing BoX.
If we get career mode then we get it, if not, my aim is to play MP with a few friends anyway, for a side-kick it's not a bad effort, just wish it was marketed more.
And if this is all FC at a whole is going to amount to,  again, that's just how it is, it was given a chance.
Again I'm not the happiest guy in the world, but in terms of end-product, it's our responsibility to discern law from ethics.
And as aware customers, it's up to us to find out whether or not something we buy has what we want, FC.1 never had a career mode advertised for it, period.
If nothing else, FC.1 is there with the FM/DM's that I like, and I can put up a server, make some missions or dogfight maps for me and my friends to enjoy, members of the team have more than once admited the final RoF FM/DM was not as intended, and have said, explicitly, in writing, to keep FC out of that particular minefield.
At least that's something :)

Edited by Red_Von_Hammer
  • Upvote 3

This thread caused me to knock the dust off of RoF and give the old girl a spin.  RoF will always hold a special place in my heart and it is the game that I spent the most time in having the most fun in.  But FC just beats it hands down in the look of the maps, the look of the planes, the feeling of flight, and having an AI that will fight back.  I do still love those early war planes though!  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, SYN_Mike77 said:

This thread caused me to knock the dust off of RoF and give the old girl a spin.  RoF will always hold a special place in my heart and it is the game that I spent the most time in having the most fun in.  But FC just beats it hands down in the look of the maps, the look of the planes, the feeling of flight, and having an AI that will fight back.  I do still love those early war planes though!  

My sentiments exactly!

Having now read Jason's take on FC.1 and FC.2 go or no go = He's green on reducing FC.1 price as soon as applicable.
Sure he's disappointed by the negative feedback, BUT he has left the door open.
Heck, he's onboard with adding more content than what's already in the specs.
Whaddya know.. he absorbed the flak!

IMO all the team has to do is to focus effort on marketing, it shouldn't take much.
Make more Webpage/FB/YT bulletins about it, showcase it more, link to videos and twitch streams of people playing it!
De-activate operation hidden ninja and waggle that canvas booty into peoples faces, we're already getting bombarded by useless ads on social media anyway, why not something useful for a change?
I'd sooner have an FC.1 bulletin than some stupid clickbait viral videos with following titles "This is how we reacted when we saw this, humanity can still be saved, ooooh global warming, ooooh this'n that, everyone else already saw this, but not you, so please click click click" 😂
Find the ones that streams it the most, stay on top of when they're active, then drop a heads-up for when they are streaming!
Pipe in on their live chats, join the same servers and do some duels with people!

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Red_Von_Hammer said:

I'll agree with others that FC.1 is lackluster for the price, and I've said more than once on Youtube comment fields and Facebook that the RoF discount for FC.1 (which was limited time, no less) was less than what I felt appropriate.

Whilst there's a lot of what you have said that is more speculation than fact I do tend to agree with much of what you have to say, however I have to disagree with the notion that FC is lacklustre for the price.

I would phrase it more along the lines that the devs did themselves a grave disservice by undervaluing their entire product range. Whilst FC offers a lot for the money, it is true that it offers a little less than some of the other IL-2 titles, but that simply makes everything else even more of bargain. However FC it is still an excellent product that outclasses ROF in everything it so far does, and I would claim it is better than anything that might be viewed as competition. If you immediately bought into everything that ROF offered over the years you would have eventually got more content than FC currently offers, but paid  a heck of a lot more for it and waited a lot longer than FC has so far been under development. If you look at what ROF cost upon release and how little it offered back then, FC looks even more of a great deal despite folk wanting more content to be immediately added and there being one or two little issues that could have benefited from more tweaking before release.

I think we all know that the team want to do more WWI stuff and build upon FC, just as they want to do the PTO, but in real life there always comes a point where  a bean counting pen-pusher who wants to take out of a project rather than put into it tells you have to justify things in terms of a bottom line. After all it's our hobby but that doesn't mean its not other people's business.

Everyone gave up hope that anything WWI would ever make it into the newer Il-2 engine, but FC came out of nowhere....

Edited by HappyHaddock
  • Upvote 2

I agree their advertising SUCKS, Only reason I found ROF was because I was looing for info on warthunder, yes warthunder. Only happened by ROF from a video someone created on YT, that was all I could find about it. A flight sim that was kick ass compared to anything else out there and it had none to very little advertising. I have very little business experience in advertising but even I know that's not how you get clients. I wonder how many that play warthunder actually know about FC or even ROF, ROF is still getting some new players. I have 2 servers running in ROF and I see a few new players joining I've never seen before. Imagine if they advertised, they may be surprised at how many are looking for something like this. 

The FM change in ROF was a big no no if you asked me, That pushed a lot of players a way and vowed never to buy a 1c1 sim again. And they are sticking to their words in that regard. 

I personally think we should cool the critique a bit, lets just see where this goes, if they diced to drop FC2 then we hammer them. But of course we still need to hammer them on the bugs.

all games have bugs, Mcgouns a bug I squash  repeatedly  but that's a different kind of bug. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, HappyHaddock said:

Whilst there's a lot of what you have said that is more speculation than fact I do tend to agree with much of what you have to say.

A: Speculation is exactly what a lot of I said is, hence why I made sure to stress "I bet" "I'd wager" and so forth :)
B: I agree with much of what you have to say too!

1 hour ago, HappyHaddock said:

I would phrase it more along the lines that the devs did themselves a grave disservice by undervaluing their entire product range. Whilst FC offers a lot for the money, it is true that it offers a little less than some of the other IL-2 titles, but that simply makes everything else even more of bargain. However FC it is still an excellent product that outclasses ROF in everything it so far does, and I would claim it is better than anything that might be viewed as competition. If you immediately bought into everything that ROF offered over the years you would have eventually got more content than FC currently offers, but paid  a heck of a lot more for it and waited a lot longer than FC has so far been under development. If you look at what ROF cost upon release and how little it offered back then, FC looks even more of a great deal despite folk wanting more content to be immediately added and there being one or two little issues that could have benefited from more tweaking before release.

Mixed bag, but will take a crack at it:
If you currently have none of the RoF products, but bought it all right now, I dare say you get a bit more WW1, per penny spent, minus VR (I'm literally gonna have to look into that myself)
I paid 60 bucks for RoF (that includes 5 bucks for a beer to the Russian that bought it for me, and shipping costs) when it was brand new (before it even reached the west) with everything that it had, compared to the early access, 80 dollar FC.1.. well.
... I could continue but it would be nitpicking, I get what you actually mean :)
Yes, if we take RoF when it was at 10 planes and FC.1 status quo, FC.1 is an absolute steal, no question about that!

Which, in writing, reminds me, apart from OFF (which is developed on a somewhat... aged, CFS3), RB3D (which was and is free but wasn't holding up any longer, and is an archaic nostalgia trip today), and a couple of arcade titles, well.. in RoF's hey-days, the market had a significantly huge gap.
Despite that... thing that happened COUGH, RoF unquestionably still holds up, the gap just isn't comparatively big enough yet.
The irony of it is that it's on their own cape..

28 minutes ago, NO.20_W_M_Thomson said:

I agree their advertising SUCKS, Only reason I found ROF was because I was looing for info on warthunder, yes warthunder. Only happened by ROF from a video someone created on YT, that was all I could find about it. A flight sim that was kick ass compared to anything else out there and it had none to very little advertising. I have very little business experience in advertising but even I know that's not how you get clients. I wonder how many that play warthunder actually know about FC or even ROF, ROF is still getting some new players. I have 2 servers running in ROF and I see a few new players joining I've never seen before. Imagine if they advertised, they may be surprised at how many are looking for something like this.

At any rate, people need convincing, (a marketing issue more than anything else)

Agreed, only decrepit fools like me knew about RoF, and we had been religiously following it's progress since the age of dawn.
Outside the WW1 community people were just blatantly unaware it even existed until it reached Steam.
Sod Valve, greedy vultures, the team should only put up one or two things on Steam, that'll give Valve enough pennies to let the team write "Get the rest off our website" and get away with it.
I'm still buying my stuff directly off the website, giving the team full revenue :)

I personally think we should cool the critique a bit.

I should probably mention I've been that dim-lib sj...gt...ow..? (Sorry, I'm a decrepit fool), I think specifically what I said way back then was something along the lines of "We don't need this'n that, we need dogfight mode, NOW, we need career mode, NOW".
Jason was new to the whole thing so everyone stooped down on him like a bunch of evil barons (what I call the random boche circus sweeping in on lone players in MP/SP career).

The FM change in ROF was a big no no if you asked me, That pushed a lot of players a way and vowed never to buy a 1c1 sim again. And they are sticking to their words in that regard. 

What I and others wrote (which was honestly worse than what I feel like remembering) was just too much at once, and definitely put a fresh Jason off, a lot, it caused a rift, and I think it's what caused the irreversible, no way around it, FM change, as a sort of revenge.
Ethically, we're talking about a punch at paying customers (they said what they said out of love for the genre).
Legally, it was a product in development.
Point is,  I agree, critique is fine, it's disappointing to the devs but everyone should get to chime in, provided we keep chill and keep it civil.
The way I see it, if the old FM was rolled in and both were kept optional, that would go quite a ways of mending the issue, RoF being what it should have been and FC bringing in the new age.
But it's their product and their word is final, what's done is done.
Hopefully we've all learned since then, I know I have.

Edited by Red_Von_Hammer

Vol2 depends on profit from vol1  so I did what I could to make it materialise in the exactly  not know  future -  just bought another copy of FC as gift :)

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

Vol2 depends on profit from vol1  so I did what I could to make it materialise in the exactly  not know  future -  just bought another copy of FC as gift :)

$59 is a solid price for FC IMO.  I hope they keep the price where it is for a while.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

I'm working on my 4th copy as a gift So I'm doing my part in spreading the word plus I got everything else other than TC which I'm not that interested in. But maybe later if I get bored enough. 

1 minute ago, NO.20_W_M_Thomson said:

I'm working on my 4th copy as a gift So I'm doing my part in spreading the word plus I got everything else other than TC which I'm not that interested in. But maybe later if I get bored enough. 

PS, McGoun don't worry, your that little lady bug I hate to squash.

Only reason I found ROF was because I was looking for info on warthunder, yes warthunder. Only happened by ROF from a video someone created on YT

A similar story here: How I found RoF, as well as this game was that I would regularly watch IL-2 1946 crashes videos on YT, and then one day in 2016 I found SkinnierSteve's IL-2 BoS crashes. I watched it and was just overwhelmed about how " everything stayed together" (mostly) during a belly landing. Then I came across his RoF crashes videos, so I went on Steam and found that it was F2P, and so I downloaded it and bought most of the DLCs.

1 hour ago, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

Vol2 depends on profit from vol1 

True, but it also depends on the customer(s) reception of their purchase. If one buys FC1 for $70-80 and likes it, but then others are let's say disappointed by the end result and regret their purchase then FC2 may not appeal to them.

Vol.2 IMO is going to also require a Pilot Career, large Western Front map like in RoF, or a new map entirely. That seems like a huge task, let alone 10 additional planes. If FC2 or any other FC volumes has a new map or planes NOT in Rise of Flight, I'll buy it.

• Upvote 1