Beebop

Grass, Where Is The Greenskeeper?

I love the grass in the game.  I have the flower mods and it all looks really pretty.

But...does anybody have a lawnmower for the airfields?  Except for the runways and taxiways the grass is so dang high!  And it's strong grass too.  It pushes right through the planes wings. 

(Russian Super Grass developed to withstand tanks and artillery blasts?)

Is there any way to "cut the grass" on the airfields or is the grass global?  I'm not looking for the entire airfield to be like the runways but can it be a bit lower?  One would think that all those planes moving around would keep at least some of it tamped down or something. 

Maybe a goat/cattle mod?

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Beebop said:

And it's strong grass too.  It pushes right through the planes wings. 

Stalingrass!

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
  • Upvote 1

Stalingrass.  Good one!  +1 

New MCU for for Tank Crew, if the gunner fails to hit his target a certain number of times he has go get out of the tank with a sickle and cut down the grass at the  nearest airfield.

16 hours ago, Beebop said:

I love the grass in the game.  I have the flower mods and it all looks really pretty.

But...does anybody have a lawnmower for the airfields?  Except for the runways and taxiways the grass is so dang high!  And it's strong grass too.  It pushes right through the planes wings. 

Is there any way to "cut the grass" on the airfields or is the grass global?  I'm not looking for the entire airfield to be like the runways but can it be a bit lower?  One would think that all those planes moving around would keep at least some of it tamped down or something. 

Maybe a goat/cattle mod?

Perhaps the next collector announcement will include a lawnmover! Until then I find that the 1000kg daisy cutter is a very good way to remove unwanted grass while ensuring the soil is turned over. 

Ps What is the flower mod you mention? 

Edited by Haza

33 minutes ago, Haza said:

Ps What is the flower mod you mention? 

Here: 

I like the grass in the game but it looks so off at the airfields, and i am never that close to the ground usaly 🙄 so i remove it altogether in the cfg, the grass is a graphics hog anyway...

Spoiler

For you that dont know, to remove the grass go the "startup" doc in the data folder, and look up grass_distance = 0 :) 

We got the devs to chop down some trees at the end of the runways, I don’t see why you can’t get them to cut the grass too....

• Haha 1